2013 MoFo Fantasy Baseball Trading Block

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
and Hola Adam. i didnt notice, did u raise a Cain?

Lorenzo or matt?
You make me feel so welcome. I never really thought to join the forum for Baseball. I have only been in this league for like 4 years

oh ok that Adam. i was thinken u were the 14th man.

great Av, Chris so looks like a Boywer there.

Make Believe Registered User
Those were the pre pube days no beards for either of us.

If anyones interested in investing in Mark Teixeira, he's projected to come back around June, then Im needing offense. A drawing point may be you can get him cheaper now then later.

Not interested in trading away my pitching at all.

I got my first trade proposal today. Exciting! So what do you all do: post the trade here, so everyone can mock it mercilessly?

Russell Wilson 9 wants my Wilhelmsen for his Putz. They're pretty close, but I'll stick with the closer with less mileage on his arm and the more forgiving ballpark. If you'd change it to Soriano, I'm in.

I find it kind of amusing that your strategy this year was the exact opposite of mine.
Yeah Cueto was your only pitcher in first 10 rounds. Ive just seen too many "sure thing" players get knocked on their ear with a slump. Even Pujols had a slump. Pitching seems at least to be more predictable.

I was surprised by your 2nd and 3rd round picks in Stanton and Gonzo. I think Giancarlo is the goods though, and time may show hes hits the ball with more power than anyone. Just didnt think you were keen on Gonzalez, but hey the Dodgers may work out for his numbers since last year was a fiasco overall for him.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Yeah Cueto was your only pitcher in first 10 rounds. Ive just seen too many "sure thing" players get knocked on their ear with a slump. Even Pujols had a slump. Pitching seems at least to be more predictable.
Do you not recall Yodes Rotation last season? Haren, Lester and well everyon got shelled the first month or so.

Anyway its weird its 2 years in a row i was able to go Braun Hanley 1-2. Last Season Price was there in the 3rd which was an easy pick, but once the cream of crop studs come off board, i was all in on strenngth and speed.

time will tell.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, it's a tough call. I look at my team, and I guess it is kind of balanced across the board, with a tilt towards power. I have more speed than last year, less power, and my starters are clearly a step up in value when compared to last season, when Gallardo was my only "ace", and he was nothing of the kind. Also, I have closers this year! Good ones, too...

Yeah Cueto was your only pitcher in first 10 rounds.
I took Bumgarner in the 4th, as well. Cueto in the 5th.

Ive just seen too many "sure thing" players get knocked on their ear with a slump. Even Pujols had a slump. Pitching seems at least to be more predictable.
I think the exact opposite is true. And I would've gone even heavier on hitters if I hadn't been stuck at the back of the round.

I was surprised by your 2nd and 3rd round picks in Stanton and Gonzo. I think Giancarlo is the goods though, and time may show hes hits the ball with more power than anyone. Just didnt think you were keen on Gonzalez, but hey the Dodgers may work out for his numbers since last year was a fiasco overall for him.
I like him because he put up good numbers even in a "fiasco" season. As for Stanton, I wasn't targeting him, but power isn't as plentiful as it used to be. Last year, guys like Stanton who were basically a lock for nearly 40 bombs were in very short supply. I think the same'll be true again this year.

I got my first trade proposal today. Exciting! So what do you all do: post the trade here, so everyone can mock it mercilessly?

Russell Wilson 9 wants my Wilhelmsen for his Putz. They're pretty close, but I'll stick with the closer with less mileage on his arm and the more forgiving ballpark. If you'd change it to Soriano, I'm in.
You just completed your first trade with PW! You didnt even take the first offer! It was a good homer trade where PW gets Wilhelmson and gave up Soriano.

You just completed your first trade with PW! You didnt even take the first offer! It was a good homer trade where PW gets Wilhelmson and gave up Soriano.
Yeah, it worked out well! I usually don't trade much, but this seemed like a good deal. I didn't expect PW to accept the trade, but I didn't take the homerism into account

Make Believe Registered User
What are you looking to get for kemp? Im interested

Oh, I forgot to ask: in the football league last year we moved the trade review time from 2 full days to 1 (with the period starting the day AFTER the trade is accepted, so anything accepted on a Tuesday would process Thursday morning). Do we want to do that here? The default is 2, but a lot of people liked the change in football so I thought I'd ask. I won't ask for unanimity, because I expect at least a few owners won't see this or won't reply. But we do need unanimity among those who do express an opinion, at least. And I'd say it's something we should either do in the next week, before the games start, or not at all.

Thoughts?