The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

Hey MoFos.

A lot of the bugs leftover from last night's upgrade have been sorted out. I'll be using this thread to track bug reports, and issue updates on the process if necessary. I'll update this first post as I go.

If you notice anything wrong with the site, beyond little cosmetic or aesthetic issues, please post them here. But please make sure that a) the bug isn't already listed here, and b) the bug is actually a bug. Investigating bugs can take a lot of time in and of itself (sometimes as much as fixing them), so the veracity of the reports can make quite a difference.

Thanks for your patience!

Outstanding Bugs
  • None! Boo, ya'll.
Customizations To Be Re-Applied (Potentially)
  • List "Members Who Visited Today"
Fixed Bugs / Re-applied Changes
  • Layouts on Movie Club, Box Office, and Lists broken
  • User Reviews showing up multiple times in threads
  • Deleted comments still showing up in My Profile area
  • Latest Comments mislabeled as "Latest Reputation" in My Profile area
  • Restore ability to delete comments in My Profile area
  • Shoutbox issues with FireFox 3
  • Large images not automatically resized
  • Rep Tracker missing from My Profile area
  • Users can't view rep total on posts
  • Leaving comment redirects rather than displays confirmation
  • Image Insert button not working on WYSIWYG editor
  • Movie Lists and Favorite Movies need to be added to posts
  • Post Rep and Post Comment notifications don't work
  • Make Edit Favorite Movies option accessible
  • Quick Reply, inline editing, and other AJAX features not working
  • User avatars on Who's Online page
  • Latest Comments box won't scroll for Internet Explorer 6 users
  • Fix reputation on single post display

Yoda, I can no longer view my rep points, or who has given me rep points when I click on my Profile.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Along with John I too cannot post in the shoutbox.

And I had interesting stuff to say....

Also, I cannot find my rep either.

Suspect's Reviews

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
I'm still having issues with the shout box. I posted in it only nothing showed up. That seems very strange to me! Am I doing something wrong? I posted in the shout box and then pressed make it happen. Only .... you get the picture.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

I cant upload pictures. When I click on the Picture icon a small blank box pops up. On the top of the box it says Webpage dialog.

I'm still having issues with the shout box. I posted in it only nothing showed up. That seems very strange to me! Am I doing something wrong? I posted in the shout box and then pressed make it happen. Only .... you get the picture.
How recently have you tried this? I fixed it about 20 minutes ago -- it was a FireFox-only bug. Try a hard refresh (control + F5) and try it again.

I cant upload pictures. When I click on the Picture icon a small blank box pops up. On the top of the box it says Webpage dialog.
I've been working on this for the last few hours. I've added it to the bug list in this thread.

In the meantime, just wrap the image URL in [*img][/img*] tags (without the asterisks, obviously).

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
How recently have you tried this? I fixed it about 20 minutes ago -- it was a FireFox-only bug. Try a hard refresh (control + F5) and try it again.

I've been working on this for the last few hours. I've added it to the bug list in this thread.

In the meantime, just wrap the image URL in [*img][/img*] tags (without the asterisks, obviously).

About like 5 minutes ago.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I never use the picture icon when I post pictures. I either use the photobucket image copy or I physically type [img]etc...[/img]. Like so...

Yes, as I mentioned, some things may go back and forth for awhile -- that includes rep. It was turned off for a brief while.

The reputation in the profile issue is encompassed in the "Miscellaenous rep system" item above. I'm aware of it and will certainly update the post when it's fixed.

Yeah, before you guys report something, particularly something that people have already reported, please try the things I've already advised others to do -- in this case, a hard refresh. I changed a JavaScript file which is often cached, and you need to force your browser to load the new version to fix the issue.

If you've done all this, and are convinced there's a new/different problem, then please list your browser type and version, as well. I don't mean to sound belligerent, but simply telling me that something doesn't work doesn't give me a lot to go on most of the time.

The fastest route to getting something fixed is to try the things mentioned, and to post as much information as possible about what's going wrong.

In other words: help me help you. I don't mind doing all this, but keep in mind that I can't see what you see. I know only what you tell me, so don't spare details.

My life isn't written very well.
Aside: I wish Chris could mentally tell everyone that he knows about the major issues going along with this upgrade (in fact I think he mentioned that there would be). I'm going to give it a few days, and if anything that he hasn't already addressed is still wrong, I'll post it here.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?