Private messaging

Tools    

Is private messaging a lost art?
I mean I use to do It a lot, but I feel that it is a bit out-dated.

Does anyone do this regularly? I am asking because well I enjoy talking to everyone and have nothing to hide. Just wondering and not judging...WHO P.M.s on a regular basis...just curious..............??

I'm terrible... I owe people PM's from last year...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I PM several people on a regular basis.
Does that mean I have something to hide?
Nope. You probably just have a closer connection with those particular people and you want to talk to them on a more casual personal level, without the formal, forum structure of presenting all which you want to say in front of a large group of people, who are probably unrelated to that particular discussion.

Meanwhile, to answer the question: I PM one person on a regular basis (in the past it was two). Then I PM others occaisionally when I want to discuss something very specifically pertaining to them.

Wait a minute...that was a rhetorical question wasn't it Sam? Oops.

Randomly visiting for now
yeah I have regularly PM'd people in the past but those people don't post much anymore ha, we just have another lil community going.

In relation to normal posting it's good to get certain things pointed out to you; like a mistake you made in typing or a particularly interesting thread or post is nice. For me it isn't that useful but that's just my opinion and would love to see how some of the older members feel about it

I wipe my ass with your feelings
I PM myself to kepe myself happy
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

I PM a few people I e mail Susan regularly, we are both married to guys named Robert, we are both named Susan, she is a great person, very interesting.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I love PMs. It's like getting a little friendly email, wrapped up in MoFo.....

ermmm.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I PM several people on a regular basis.
Does that mean I have something to hide?
You decide.
How could I decide that? Thats why I am asking. Certainly if you wanted to hide information from people whom you did not want to be privvy to it then that would be totally normal and perfectly okay. Or the opposite is okay too.
Originally Posted by 7thson
Just wondering not judging

Originally Posted by nebbit
I PM a few people I e mail Susan regularly, we are both married to guys named Robert, we are both named Susan, she is a great person, very interesting.

yes it's true and i agree with the above...susan is a lovely person in her own right...

i try to pm people as much as i can for various reasons.....

I used to PM a fair bit, but after Mofo got revamped and it always says I have one unread mail message, I kind of stopped, I don't know why, it just kind of bugged me...

I never get PMs.

So I never PM anyone.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
To get rid of the Phantom PM Menace:
Open your Inbox.
Go to the last page of PMs and look at the bottom of the list.
Open that PM.
Voila.

7thson~ I'm just being squirrely because you offered only one possible explanation for PMing. Struck me as funny. I think PMs offer a level of intimacy that the board doesn't, and more personal interactions are possible when you can trust one person at a time. Of course I have things to hide - I've told things to people in PMs that my own mother doesn't know about me. But mainly, it's because I'm talking about personal stuff with people and it wouldn't interest the rest of the gang.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Blibb keeps PM-ing me begging me to be his girlfriend, but I won't have it.... Sure, Piddina is all that but this is bordering to harassment.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Blibb keeps PM-ing me begging me to be his girlfriend, but I won't have it.... Sure, Piddina is all that but this is bordering to harassment.
Move over Blobby, if anyone is going to be Piddy's online girlfriend it is me that's right isn't it Piddy, diddy, widdy

Move over Blobby, if anyone is going to be Piddy's online girlfriend it is me that's right isn't it Piddy, diddy, widdy
Whoa ! Smili on smilie crime! Police!

No, i don't use the pm system here much anymore, however i do use it on other sites frequently.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Sure is!