Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
This was pretty much me after the last Skyler rant I had on another board years ago...they didn't go easy on me:
That was probably me

I dont mind people not liking Sky or Chuck; it;s the psychotics that go on and on about it, like that little burro or whatever his name was who said anyone who empathised with Jimmy was a sociopathic serial killer, or like a woman I told cat about yesterday who hated skyler so much it spilled over on to her complete hatred for Anna. I and others were convinced she's one of the lunatics who sent Anna death threats. You might have seen the last conversation I had with her on the BCS board. She was STILL frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog. I agreed with someone who said she had serious problems to carry her hatred for the actress 24/7 for so lon g and the filth that erupted made my eyes bleed.

AND CHUCK IS NOT DEAD!!! Atleast not until the hiatus is over. I need time to process this.

That was probably me

I dont mind people not liking Sky or Chuck; it;s the psychotics that go on and on about it, like that little burro or whatever his name was who said anyone who empathised with Jimmy was a sociopathic serial killer, or like a woman I told cat about yesterday who hated skyler so much it spilled over on to her complete hatred for Anna. I and others were convinced she's one of the lunatics who sent Anna death threats. You might have seen the last conversation I had with her on the BCS board. She was STILL frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog. I agreed with someone who said she had serious problems to carry her hatred for the actress 24/7 for so lon g and the filth that erupted made my eyes bleed.

AND CHUCK IS NOT DEAD!!! Atleast not until the hiatus is over. I need time to process this.

Yeah, I saw that spat, I think. No, I'm not the type to carry my hatred of a character on to the actor. That's...well...insane. That's like those people who send movie villain actors death threats. I mean--that's so far out of bounds from reality...

I do hate Skyler a lot though. I used to rant about her on the Breaking Bad board years ago and was called a "misogynist" for doing so, even though I'm most certainly not. I guess I probably would have ended up on your bad side if THAT had been the first of my posts you'd ever seen of mine.

But, if trust me after all these years, then you already know that I ranted in a practical manner.

As for Chuck--you are going through the five stages of grief, I'm afraid. First is denial...second is anger...then onto bargaining and all that. Of course...I'm not sure what "bargaining would entail here...unless you decide to email Gilligan and ask him to spare Chuck.

RIP, Chuck--we'll put a folded space blanket on his coffin--he would have wanted it that way.

For what it's worth, while I hate Skyler with a passion like our friend, Cat, here--I do love Kim. She's a strong and independent woman who is intelligent and is very practical. She doesn't ride Jimmy all the time like Skyler did to Walt and takes ownership of her own actions when she does wrong.

My wife also hates Skyler with a passion, yet loves Kim. Kim is just...she's cool.

I dont recall your name from BB board, but we did start off with a debate about Sky on BCS board. Didnt get nasty like the I WANT SKYLER DEAD army on BB. And we quickly became friends. That other stuff was just madness...like bring in the straight jackets insanity.

I like my river in egypt thank you very much

*scarf flick and flounces off*.

Hey have you seen the old 'these writers are nowhere near the calibre of daytime soap writers' dude that hted us on the imdb clone forum? I miss him pretending to ignore me but knowing everything I had just posted.

I dont recall your name from BB board, but we did start off with a debate about Sky on BCS board. Didnt get nasty like the I WANT SKYLER DEAD army on BB. And we quickly became friends. That other stuff was just madness...like bring in the straight jackets insanity.

Hey have you seen the old 'these writers are nowhere near the calibre of daytime soap writers' dude that hted us on the imdb clone forum? I miss him pretending to ignore me but knowing everything I had just posted.
It was so long ago that I actually forgot that you and I spoke of Skyler. You're right--that was our first meeting. Well, of course we were civil--we're SANE. People get too serious about that character/actor hatred. The opposite is crazy, too: "I stopped watching Breaking Bad because Cranston lied about moving to Canada" and stuff like that. People take things WAYYYY too seriously when it comes to celebrities.

You probably don't remember seeing me on the BB board for two reasons:

1. I didn't post there as often as I did the BCS board

and

2. Most of my posts there ended up deleted by angry trolls because I used to comment on how sick those people were acting for all their Jesse hate. They used to say that they wished Jesse was raped by the Nazis, they were happy that Brock was poisoned and other heinous crap. I used to speak out against it there and they would rage-report me into deletion. That's why you didn't see me much there.

Yeah, I remember that one. He did that to several of us, I believe.

"Daytime soap writers" being better than Gilligan? That's just nuts.

It was so long ago that I actually forgot that you and I spoke of Skyler. You're right--that was our first meeting. Well, of course we were civil--we're SANE. People get too serious about that character/actor hatred. The opposite is crazy, too: "I stopped watching Breaking Bad because Cranston lied about moving to Canada" and stuff like that. People take things WAYYYY too seriously when it comes to celebrities.

and

2. Most of my posts there ended up deleted by angry trolls because I used to comment on how sick those people were acting for all their Jesse hate. They used to say that they wished Jesse was raped by the Nazis, they were happy that Brock was poisoned and other heinous crap. I used to speak out against it there and they would rage-report me into deletion. That's why you didn't see me much there.

I thought Gemma on SoA was a bitch but I liked watching her. She and Katey got almost as much insane hate as Sky/Anna so I started saying I wanted Kurt to have her be the last man standing just to piss off the lunatics in the fandom. That didnt go down too well either.

Yes that cranky old guy got stuck into ergonomic spliff and I think Marlown Brando.

Any of you BB fans interested in rewatching all of us at the same time?
I actually recently started a rewatch so that won't be a problem for me. Would be nice to get a BB discussion going again since it is the parent show of BCS. I bet we'll all learn something new from doing so. BB and BCS are just rich with details, after all.

I thought Gemma on SoA was a bitch but I liked watching her. She and Katey got almost as much insane hate as Sky/Anna so I started saying I wanted Kurt to have her be the last man standing just to piss off the lunatics in the fandom. That didnt go down too well either.

Yes that cranky old guy got stuck into ergonomic spliff and I think Marlown Brando.
I never saw Sons of Anarchy--I saw The Shield, though, a show that's considering to be connected to SOA. The Shield is another great show--one of my favorites.

Yeah, I remember that guy--he was obsessed with you, me and someone I think was named "Mark"? It was Mark--something. Markt or something. He hated us the most, for some reason.

I never saw Sons of Anarchy--I saw The Shield, though, a show that's considering to be connected to SOA. The Shield is another great show--one of my favorites.

Yeah, I remember that guy--he was obsessed with you, me and someone I think was named "Mark"? It was Mark--something. Markt or something. He hated us the most, for some reason.
Oh yeah Mark was really nice. He didnt love BCS but he wasnt the 'I hate this and anyone who likes it is a moron' type.

He hated me because I laughed at him when he told some woman she was pretentious for saying BB was like a nice cold beer but BCS was like fine wine. I jokingly said only pre tent see us people cll others pretentious and said I ws going off to make Pimms and ribbon sandwiches to take to the polo. He somehow got it into his head I was British, and he decided spliff and I were having an affair then he wouldnt stop following us around. He was a nutcase.

and

Hahaha and we met through you ruffling my feathers over Batman.

I'm in for rewatching group.

My husband woke me up this morning with a sneeze cough that sounded remarkably like Belize. Should I be worried?

For what it's worth, while I hate Skyler with a passion like our friend, Cat, here--I do love Kim. She's a strong and independent woman who is intelligent and is very practical. She doesn't ride Jimmy all the time like Skyler did to Walt and takes ownership of her own actions when she does wrong.
Not sure if you saw this, but a few pages back I posted a tweet from someone suggesting that the writers, with Kim and Chuck, basically just took Jesse and Skyler and flipped the genders. That kinda blew my mind. It's an admitted oversimplification, but the general dynamic of Jesse/Kim being decent people who enable the protagonist and get sucked into their wrong doing over time, and Chuck/Skyler being the family member who impedes them, seems pretty spot on.

Any of you BB fans interested in rewatching all of us at the same time?
Hell yeah. Was thinking of doing this anyway. I was just going to rewatch parts of it, but I'd be open to doing it all, or at least just rewatching some and weighing in for whichever ones I do.

I wrote about the last season in a lot of detail already on here when it was airing, though, so I'd probably just end up reproducing those, along with anything new I notice, I 'spose.

Cool, I will start a thread in the next couple of days. I am planning on just two episodes a week. That's a pace I know I can keep and will allow anyone to join in pretty easily. Gets it watched long before next season of Saul as well.

That may be entirely too slow. Especially for a rewatch (or, in some cases, a re-re-re-watch). I'll try to scribble down some stuff though so that even if I race ahead I'll have something to say most of the time.

Knowing me, I'll have something to say just every several episodes, though.

Cool, I will start a thread in the next couple of days. I am planning on just two episodes a week. That's a pace I know I can keep and will allow anyone to join in pretty easily. Gets it watched long before next season of Saul as well.
@Elessar might be interested in this. She hasnt seen BrBa yet.

Hahaha and we met through you ruffling my feathers over Batman.
Yeah, it must have been all those "lovely" things I had to say about the DCCU. You know how much I "love" the DCCU.

I'm in for rewatching group.

My husband woke me up this morning with a sneeze cough that sounded remarkably like Belize. Should I be worried?
Belize! That's where Mike retired and is living out a happy life with that woman he met while paving that sidewalk.