American Gods

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
That was actually very lovely. Love the way it tied to itself and the present storyline.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I can't handle it. The colour palette and score is sending me cray cray, and I'm still only halfway through the last episode. Is Bryan usually this OTT?

I kept thinking of Doona Bae's character from Cloud Atlas -

A congregation of Christs.

Jeremy Davies sort of reminded me of William H. Macy in Fargo, particularly in the scene where he's having to tell a couple that their car will cost more than expected.

They both had that same fake "pity me" face.

As if to say "gee gosh, I'm so sorry I'm robbing you."

Is that the finale, saunchy? I'm a few behind.

Is that the finale, saunchy? I'm a few behind.
Lol, see what I mean about using the @ ? Saunch may not have seen that. And now it's just awkward if I tag him.

Doesnt really matter now because I'm still behind LOL

I had some time to really detach myself from the book and gave the season a second go. Really good work. Bit shaky, though. It doesn’t really hit its stride until the episode where Crispin Glover shows up and I think that’s halfway. I hope there’s some narrative tightening going on because Shadow and Wednesday were easily the weakest bits for me now. Fuller and Green cared more about Laura but that’s understandable. She’s very much their character (she’s not as present in the book). Still, you got a story to tell. The payoff relies on us caring about Shadow and Ricky Whittle has got “it”. Unfortunately this season consists of him mostly acting befuddled.

The “Coming To America” segments, while all great, individually, unbalanced the whole thing. The difference between this and Hannibal is how these off-shoots in the latter connected to the grander narrative. There was a clear path between, say, the many killers of S1 and the developing relationships between Will, Hannibal and Abigail. That’s really not the case here.

I am looking forward to more of this, though. In spite of what I just listed, the creative voices came trough potently and the rest of the cast is aces. McShane feels like a bomb set to explode (we get a glimpse in his finale re-introduction), Browning would make Snake Plissken blush with her sneer and Pablo Schreiber comes through with a kind of deep sadness that reminded me of Mark Strong’s performance in “Tinker Tailor...”

Props to the villains as well. Glover, as I said, brings down the house with one scene, Anderson gives Blanchett a run for her money and then there’s the oh-so-punchable face of Technical Boy.

Orlando Jones killed it as well. I had no idea he wrote his own introductory scene. “Anger gets s**t done” is the kind of thing I imagined sparked a thousand think-pieces.

Well, s**t.

Bryan Fuller and Michael Green exit ‘American Gods’ as showrunners.

After “clashing” with producers at FreemantleMedia over budget and creative direction, Fuller and Green have departed the show as it nears production on season 2. They’ve already written most of the season’s scripts and those are still expected to be used.

Well, s**t.

Bryan Fuller and Michael Green exit ‘American Gods’ as showrunners.

After “clashing” with producers at FreemantleMedia over budget and creative direction, Fuller and Green have departed the show as it nears production on season 2. They’ve already written most of the season’s scripts and those are still expected to be used.
Eh wut? Not the first time Bryan has got into fisty cuffs with a network (cant remember which one. Found out about it onthe hannibal board on imdb). And multiple irons in the fire? Well sadly, I'm kissing Hannibal good bye. Drama seems to follow my darling Bryan around.

Thanks for posting, saunch. I hadno idea.

Gillian Anderson’s out.

Anderson says the departure of showrunners Bryan Fuller and Michael Green means she will not return to the show.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...102-story.html

Oh the wording is interesting. I wonder what happened.

Fuller’s now working on a tv version of Interview with the Vampire.

Fuller’s now working on a tv version of Interview with the Vampire.
If this is the case, and Fuller takes Anne Rice novels (the first three she wrote The Vampire series) to a TV series type setting with the depth that we see today in shows like Game of Thrones and Outlander, I guarantee this is going to be the hit that has evaded him all his career.

As for American Gods, I'm not sure if I like it or not. It seems outrageous for the sake of being such there seems to be no real true plot line or direction at all. One episode stood up from the rest when they focused on the young girl with the leprechaun, but the rest have been pretty random. I enjoy Ian McShane (and man can that guy deliver a line or what?), but I'll try the first or second episode of the second season and if it still hasn't grabbed me then I'm just going to drop it.

If this is the case, and Fuller takes Anne Rice novels (the first three she wrote The Vampire series) to a TV series type setting with the depth that we see today in shows like Game of Thrones and Outlander, I guarantee this is going to be the hit that has evaded him all his career.
Uh...

https://nerdist.com/bryan-fuller-exi...re-chronicles/