Re93animator's Favorite Music!

Tools    

You should watch Stingray Sam if you haven't. For the band, their later stuff is more mature; their early stuff sounds a tad Bungle-inspired, but tends to get a little annoying. Youtube is unfortunately limited, but I've found some of their albums pretty cheap on amazon, and Cory McCabe's site.

I've never heard of Stingray Sam, but I've added it to the queue. In fact I'm making it the next movie I watch. I'll be sure to drop off some of that commentary I know you love so much. Seriously, McCabe's too talented to be hiding in rabbit holes. Or maybe I've just been living under a glorified rock.

Godflesh – Lasting impact on me. Streetcleaner is my go to feeling nihilistic album; visit to Hell soundtrack. Their 90s output might not be as good, but it did venture into new territories. Justin Broadrick has a knack for crushing hip hop beats.

Swans – The early no wave output (the most difficult) laid the groundwork for Godflesh. I love the late 80s/90s stuff most though; awesome dissonant stuff ranging from dark ambiance to very experimental rock.

Ministry - Maybe my favorite band in my teens. I've overplayed the hell out of their music, but I still love it. I like every album a ton (even crazy experimental DSOTS). Also a huge inspiration for a bunch of my other favorites.

Einsturzende Neubauten – I started to really love music with the discovery of weird industrial bands. Neubauten was my favorite for a long time. I've sort of worn out their harsh early stuff, but a lot of what came after is still great.

Nurse With Wound – Very 'difficult,' but an insanely imaginative project with a subtle, dark, & self-aware sense of humor, and Steve Stapleton is an even better visual artist IMO.

Foetus - A fun foray into nihilistic trash culture. He cycles through genres like @Swan cycles through avatars.

I'm familiar with Cynic. Not one of my favorites, but I like em a lot.
Yeah, not mine either, though back in the day I was blown away by the musicianship and freshness of the style. It's been done better many times over since, though.

Yeah, not mine either, though back in the day I was blown away by the musicianship and freshness of the style. It's been done better many times over since, though.
Edge of Sanity's Crimson is another great example of it. I linked Pan Thy Monium earlier in the thread too. They're my favorites in the weird death-prog metal realm. There are many though. It's definitely my kind of music.

Edge of Sanity's Crimson is another great example of it. I linked Pan Thy Monium earlier in the thread too. They're my favorites in the weird death-prog metal realm. There are many though. It's definitely my kind of music.
I'll have to just start wondershare DL'ing your list(s) and pop em on my iphone for long drives for work, and soak it all in. I'm due for a library change, anyway. Long time coming...

Hoedh – Meandering, indistinct, blurry mood music.That can get indulgent and tiring much of the time, but I love it here.

Biosphere – Some cold and spacey Dark Ambient stuff from Norway.

Here’s a great mashup with Werckmeister Harmonies: