The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

Hmm, I did make one little tweak to try to (I thought) improve the parsing. I can un-do it pretty easily, but want to confirm that that was the cause. Are you positive that used to work, and if so, do you have a rough idea of when it stopped (IE: a day, a week or two, or more than a month)?

Hmm, I did make one little tweak to try to (I thought) improve the parsing. I can un-do it pretty easily, but want to confirm that that was the cause. Are you positive that used to work, and if so, do you have a rough idea of when it stopped (IE: a day, a week or two, or more than a month)?
Definitely used to work - only noticed it no longer doing so a few days ago ... maybe a week ago, maybe less but not more I think.

Issue seems to be that the change does remove extraneous URL info for the automatically embedded videos (that thing where they're followed by extra URL cruft in the post), but doesn't exclude the mobile/manual linked ones. I'll leave it alone for now, but at least that lets me know what I have to account for if I want to re-implement. Thanks.

No worries if you do have to get rid of that ability, as stated only mentioned it in case it effected anything else as well - works again now btw Thanks!

@Yoda, the 'Read Review' from within the individual movie pages aren't loading. The urls generated are very slightly different from those generated via the Review tab ..... basically they have an underscore in place of a hyphen.

For instance:
Oculus review url from individual movie page:
https://www.movieforums.com/reviews/1272712_oculus.html (blank page)

Same Oculus review url from the Reviews page:
https://www.movieforums.com/reviews/1272712-oculus.html (readable review)

(see if you can guess which movie I just watched lol)

While it was fine an hour ago, the birthday/anniversary box is doing that thing where it's showing tomorrow's birthdays again. If it's like every other time, it'll fix itself within the next couple of hours.

Is this only happening to me? Maybe the website just doesn't like my time zone haha.

Yeah, maybe I'll try to track it down someday, but it's pretty tricky to untangle relative to how minor and temporary the bug is, so I can't say if it's the kind of thing that'll ever take priority over bigger stuff or not. Not just you, though.

Tried to find to the new design thread and can't find it

Talking in the Shoutbox about smileys... what about something like this?

And it brings up that separate box with all the smileys and Duffel Bag stuff?

Talking in the Shoutbox about smileys... what about something like this?

And it brings up that separate box with all the smileys and Duffel Bag stuff?

That would be so brilliant.

Yeah, I should add a handy option there. It's lower-priority than some of the other stuff going on, though, and since I've been thinking about reworking The Shoutbox, I'll probably just fold it into that, since it's easier to make all those changes at once. But it is a good idea and I think it'll happen.

Reporting spam, which was removed as a result, this morning behaved a little oddly - pretty sure it normally returns me to the point from which I clicked on the thread containing the offending post but this morning was dropping me back into the system in seemingly random places?

For instance (I clicked on the posts to report from the New Posts list each time):
- on one occasion I returned to the Movie Review subforum
- on another occasion I returned to a list initially consisting of threads the spammer had 'added to' in order to reach the post count to then be able to start spamming

The first two are normal behavior: if your report removed the entire thread (by removing the first post), obviously it can't redirect you back to it, so it redirects you back to the forum it was in. If it isn't enough to remove it, or if what was removed wasn't the first post in the thread, then back to the thread you go.

But there's nothing in that file that should be redirecting you back to their listing of posts. How sure are you of that one, as opposed to it just being another tab open or something?

But there's nothing in that file that should be redirecting you back to their listing of posts. How sure are you of that one, as opposed to it just being another tab open or something?
Iggy that one - it almost certainly removed the thread and dropped me back into whatever forum it was and it just happened that nobody else had posted in a thread in that particular forum so all the most recent threads were ones in which the spammer had put one of their insightful "wow"s or "cool"s.

I always thought it took me back to the New Posts list of threads before - shows how much I pay attention don't it

Gotcha, no worries. Always good to check! Nice job noticing the difference, anyway. Usually when I put in some little touch or exception it takes awhile for anyone to take note.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
When I click to edit a post on mobile it brings me to a big white page where I need to hit the edit button again. Before, it just brought up the drop down menu.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1543.PNG
Views:	58
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	33940  

When you say on mobile, do you mean using a mobile device, using the mobile style, or both?
I've also been expierencing this and I tested it with the mobile site on my computer and it was fine, so I think its only happens when I'm using a mobile device

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.