RIP Chester Bennington

Tools    

Chester Bennington, the lead singer of Linkin Park, committed suicide by hanging.

Linkin Park were one of the biggest rock bands when I was growing up. I loved their first 3 albums. It's weird that this happened just a few weeks after Chris Cornell committed suicide the exact same way.

RIP.

I cannot take this.... sorry I just can't I'm crying since I heard about the news. My entire childhood in music just died.

I just can't....

I just gonna sit here and listening to Linkin Park all day with my tissue man

I was never a big fan of Linkin Park, but this is sad. What leads someone who lives a privileged life that millions of people can only dream of to kill themselves is beyond me. Such a waste!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

And on Chris Cornell's birthday - coincidence or not?

I don't mind some LP material, always a shame to lose someone way too young regardless.

R.I.P.

I found this beautiful rendition of Hunger Strike performed by Chester and Chris Cornell. They were REALLY close friends. Chester chose Chris's birthday to kill himself.

I cannot take this.... sorry I just can't I'm crying since I heard about the news. My entire childhood in music just died.

I just can't....

I feel you, dude. I felt the same way when Michael Jackson died. My whole childhood gone in a heartbeat.
Papercut is my favorite Linkin Park song. Chester had an impressive vocal range.

I feel you, dude. I felt the same way when Michael Jackson died. My whole childhood gone in a heartbeat.
Papercut is my favorite Linkin Park song. Chester had an impressive vocal range.
Linkin Park was my sh*t day in and day out good day or bad day... it's hard

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I dont know their music but suicide is always tragic. Vale.

Same than Derek here, it's my favorite band since I'm 13 years old it's not a very pleasant thing to hear.

I just can't....

Papercut is my fav too. Hybrid theory was the first rock cd I had. When I was 12 that never left my cd Walkman in my baggy bolt jean pocket

Hybrid Theory and Meteora was and still two of my favorite album ever. I listen to Linkin Park my entire childhood since I'm like 7-8 years old... This music help through so many things that's why I love music at first it help me everytime I am
In a bad mood or something. I will truly miss his unique voice and I will always like Chester and Linkin Park

3 years today....

Still my favorite band ever. Forever grateful, save my life so many times when I was on my lowest

You ready? You look ready.
3 years today....

Still my favorite band ever. Forever grateful, save my life so many times when I was on my lowest

Yeah, I relate to this for real. They were there when I needed them in middle school, high school, and college. All the tough times when I was still figuring myself out and felt like it was me against the world they were there to quiet my soul.

It's so damn eerie listening to their catalog, though, because so many lyrics hit differently now. Like there are a few songs where it's like "damn, he was dealing with suicidal ideation for a long, long time" and then it makes you all the more thankful that he was able to fight off his demons for that long.

But in the end, some demons are too much for one person. I really wish he had reached out.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza