The Matrix: Resurrections

Tools    

Lol!

Not even 20 years... the sequels are only 14 years ago...

The Matrix is being remade.

Current Hollywood reboot/remake go-to-guy Michael B Jordan is in talks to star.

Warner really are a load of crap.

Welcome to the human race...
While there are surely other stories that could be told using the established Matrix universe, the fact that this is most likely going to be a straight-up rehash of the original film just makes it seem like even more of a waste.

One thing's for certain, it won't be as ground breaking as the originals.

The original movies rewrote special effects... ok some of it is hokey these days but the Wakowskis trail blazed a path into new technology and methods of special effects with the original movie.

They'll just CGI everything in the remake, and add nothing new to the mix.
Unless they just release it in 3D and tell everyone that the 125 year old 3D technology they're using is "new".

What is even the point of this?

I understand remaking a film that was in a foreign language but if the original film is in English in the first place then won't people just watch that instead?

I don't like the original Matrix at all so i don't care, hilarious though. Got to say though foreign language movies being remade in english annoys me more than something like tthis, even if it was something i liked and not The Matrix.

Welcome to the human race...
That's what's weird about them doing an English-language remake of Toni Erdmann - half that movie was already in English.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Very strange. The original was okay, but it's hardly worth a remake.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

MC for the Great Underground Circus
why? what's the point?

Here's an article on it - http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7630496.html

The most surprising thing to me there was that The Matrix won four Oscars. Obviously they would have been in the technical categories but i wasn't aware. Also forgot that Reloaded and Revolutions came out in the same year, all of my friends were so excited over that at the time and i couldn't care less.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Here's an article on it - http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7630496.html

The most surprising thing to me there was that The Matrix won four Oscars. Obviously they would have been in the technical categories but i wasn't aware. Also forgot that Reloaded and Revolutions came out in the same year, all of my friends were so excited over that at the time and i couldn't care less.
That Hollywood has lost a lot of imagination is not exactly news [how many movies out there are exactly the same but with different characters?] but remaking a movie that isn't even old and was a huge hit, is dumbfounding.

How about investing in originality? I bet there are a ton of writers out there that have novel ideas.

“I was cured, all right!”
Oh God! NO, please NO! This is a nightmare! This Avengers generation don't know even to turn the damn phone in the movie theaters, imagine the dialogs, "You want to kick my friend's ass, now I'll kick yours, and I'll bring my friends! This is war"... F**k you Warner, honestly, F**K YOU! Now they only need to do a reboot of Point Break and f**k with everything... Wait, they already did it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
My eyes widened with disbelief when I saw the title of this. I thought maybe someone saw a rumour online and immediately made a thread. This can't be true. It just can't.

So since they wanted Will Smith in the original, they want to turn to Michael B. Jordan now? I can't wrap my head around why this is being done. WB has the Fantastic Beasts series to make them money, people will turn their nose up at this decision and it'll be a loss. No one wants The Matrix without the original cast and crew.

Suspect's Reviews

I agree with the sentiment that the Matrix universe is ripe for more stories, though even then, some of the best (I'd assume) have already been told in The Animatrix (which is pretty good). I'd prefer getting a feature-length version of one of those before a remake of this one.

That said, I do expect, if this happens, it'll end up being more of a reimagining than a straight-up remake.

The truth is in here
"Reimagining" is just a nicer word for remake. This is the stupidest idea I've heard since the announcement of Scarface getting remade again.

If people keep going to the cinema to see terrible action / superhero films, then the studios are going to continue to try and coin it at every opportunity from the people who keep going to see terrible action / superhero action films.

You can't have your cake and eat it on this one.