Your Favorite Characters

Tools    

mine is the dynamic celebrity Mr. johnny depp

mine is the dynamic celebrity Mr. johnny depp
Yep, he's quite a character.. especially when he's played by so many guys, Ichabod Crane, Jack Sparrow, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, etc..
They all played Depp so well..

I heard Terrence Mallick is going to adapt this. He'll do an AMAZING job no doubt. I can't imagine many others... P. T. Anderson maybe... who I would feel comfortable about making this.
PT Anderson would be the perfect director for this... Also, Wes Anderson...
But I have a feeling this movie might never be made..

I love the characters of Bella and Edward in twilight movie...

Thx
"Only 4 quatloos left on the THX account..."
Ratso Rizzo!

(Um, I mean Rico Rizzo...)

"I'm m'walkin' hyeaar!"

Thx

Tough call.. I'd say either rusty james or the motorcycle boy, both from Rumble Fish.

It's hard to play a retard without worrying about how the audience will perceive you. Ben Affleck in his Good Will Hunting role is a perfect example of the wrong way to play a retard. Totally unbelievable. Especially in his last epic oprah winfrey meets aesop's fables fail speech at the end to matt damon.

Matt Dillon on the other hand is the quintessential retard actor. You actually believe he's dumb. There is an art to dumb that requires an actor to forego making wise decisions or saying the coolest things possible. Matt Dillon does this to a T.. also can be seen in his great work in The Flamingo Kid--classic retard.

On the other hand, there's mickey rourke. this guy plays the opposite of Matt Dillon. He's calm, cool and collected--an idiot-savant minus the idiot. His performance is so understated that you wonder if he's sleeping. But the energy of his actions tells you he's just lava sitting in place... BOILING and ready to eat you alive. So while his words sound like he's talking in his sleep, his kung-fu fighting and deliberate actions tell you he knows exactly what he's doing every second of the way--the complete antithesis of Dillon's character.

And a close second is Carlito Brigante in Carlito's Way. Such an underrated movie with such an underrated performance. Poignant in an unforced way. Whereas Harry Potter plots will beat you over the head with sappy music and retardly drawn out stares, Pacino lets his eyes and body language tell a lot of the story.. His thinking eyes bring calculating stares to new levels.

Thx
"Only 4 quatloos left on the THX account..."
My heros very often are the meek, the "victims".

But I do have a soft spot for cantankerous old guys like Charlie Grapewyn and Henry Hull.

"I'm gonna' get me a whole washtub full of grapes and wallow and squissh around in 'em..." The Grapes of Wrath of course.

I also like Casey in that film "I talked back..."

Thx

Good-Natured, Film-Loving Fellow
It's ridiculous, but I must say that the first character that comes to mind is Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python's Holy Grail. Eh?

My favorite one is Joker from The Dark Knight
What do you think about this?

It's a pretty good character, sure. People like his mannerisms.

Also, Wes Anderson... [in relation to adapting The Catcher in the Rye]
My initial reaction was no. First of all, I don't see how Anderson got lumped in with P. T. and Malick unless you were joking because their last names are both Anderson !

But maybe Wes would be the right guy for something like Catcher. He would have to completely tone down his goofiness for this film. It needs to feel dark, confused, and dreamlike at times. I don't see someone as constantly "literal" as Anderson pulling this off.

Bella and Edward in Twilight movie...^^

my favorite character ... Joker (The Dark Knight )

Lt. Vincent Hanna and Neil McCauley from "Heat"!

you-know-who ( Lord Voldemort) from Harry Potter of J.K. Rowling.

Patrick Bateman. The most notorious serial killer of his time. A true master mind.