Cole's Film Log

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Yall are crazy. Aliens is much better.. it's not even a competition

#26 - Dead Poets Society (1989)

It has not aged perfectly and i'm sure I would like it more if I could really connect to it. I couldn't connect with any of the characters and that was the biggest issue. I can see why people would love it but I just cant.

-

I love Dead Poets Society. It's one of Robin Williams best movies, and a terrific young cast.

I'm real glad that you enjoyed your time with the LotR trilogy! I know it's quite a lot to take in 9 hours of something but it's cool that you thought it got better as it went on.

I have to return some videotapes.
I still like Dead Poet's Society. You might not be able to relate to the characters, but the youthful spirit and overall message is timeless in my opinion.

Doesn't Over the Hedge have a similar story to some other film which creates a Armageddon - Deep Impact relationship?
Open Season? That's what people mistake it as and it amkes me angry because Open Season is awful!

I love Dead Poets Society. It's one of Robin Williams best movies, and a terrific young cast.
Robin was ok in it, I don't think I'm that big of a fan of his though.

I'm real glad that you enjoyed your time with the LotR trilogy! I know it's quite a lot to take in 9 hours of something but it's cool that you thought it got better as it went on.
It was a bit slow at first but it was a bunch of fun. I can see why people love it.

#27 - The Nice Guys (2016)

Exactly what I was hoping for out of this. Great script with some witty dialogue and a good enough plot to make it interesting and lead the way for some good quotes. I highly recommend this, as this is probably my favorite movie of the year so far even ahead of Deadpool.

+

#28 - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2016)

After seeing The Nice Guys, I was expecting to love this. I felt like it was set up to be funnier than it was but the lines felt more chuckle-worthy rather than laugh out loud stuff like The Nice Guys. There are some really good scenes like the Russian Roulette one, and the story isn't bad, but I am disappointed in this. By no means is this a bad movie, it just isn't anything special like everyone claims it is.

Just watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang a few weeks ago and i wasn't crazy about it either. Would probably give it a
+

Still looking forward to The Nice Guys though.

Robin was ok in it, I don't think I'm that big of a fan of his though.
You seen Good Will Hunting?

One Hour Photo is pretty good, and Mrs Doubtfire is a lot of fun. He was also amazing in an episode of Law And Order: SVU.
I need to see One Hour Photo I heard he's psychotic in that in a good way.

Fisher King and Good Morning Vietnam are real good. Of course I like Dead Poets Society so you can just ignore me.

Robin in One Hour Photo is so good at being a creepy lonesome mentally sick individual... that he's almost too good at it.

A great performance, although I'm certain it's a bit more than a performance. I feel like I can sense a lot of Robin as a person in many of his roles, which is sometimes a little frightening to think about.

#29 - The Master (2012)

Paul Thomas Anderson does it again. He takes what could be a simple PTSD love story and turns it into a true complex drama that pulls heart strings and keeps you wanting for more. Joaquin Phoenix has one of the best performances i've seen in the 2000s and Phillip Seymour Hoffman isn't much worse in this. The plot isn't just transparent too, there is a deeper meaning and it brings in some really interesting ideas in Scientology which was heavily influenced by my favorite psychologist Sigman Freud. Give this a watch people!

+

Phoenix is out of this world in The Master. Hoffman is brilliant as always, but the role as a teacher and "higher power" suits him particularly well. The Master he was indeed.

Movie is exceptional. Like many of my favorite films, this is also a movie I needed time to absorb. Even my favorite, No Country for Old Men, was like that. Both started at a 6/10 or something - a well-made film that I couldn't truly grasp and I did know there was more to it than just that. And both got me thinking days after, they got me wondering and remembering various scenes, themes etc. I rewatched it and BAM there it was. But not all go directly to a 10/10. Some slowly climb, but evidently lands at a masterpiece or close to it.

I hate how misunderstood The Master seems to be. 7.1 at IMDb? Seriously? But as always, screw the ratings... The Master is masterful.