Sicario (2015) - Denis Villeneuve

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes.

In Mexico, Sicario means hitman. In the lawless border area stretching between the U.S. and Mexico, an idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by an elite government task force official to aid in the escalating war against drugs. Led by an enigmatic consultant with a questionable past, the team sets out on a clandestine journey forcing Kate to question everything that she believes in order to survive.
Cast:
Emily Blunt
Jon Bernthal
Benicio Del Toro
Josh Brolin
Jeffrey Donovan

I just saw the trailer and it looks great! I didn't even know it was uploaded close to a month ago, I was looking for it before.

This movie seems great, Villeneuve is on fire lately.

Can't wait for that it'll be very good Villeneuve is on a roll and the story seems interesting
I'm also looking forward to Emily Blunt's performance. I'm really starting to like her.

I knew nothing about this film until a few months ago. Well, that's not entirely true because I did check up on the future work of the director after watching Prisoners and Enemy.

That said, my skyhigh interest came when I saw the poster, the cast and the trailer. Definitely one of my most anticipated films.

It's a horrible release date. It goes against Pan and Steve Jobs, both of which will destroy it financially and Jobs will probably steal away all of the awards drama buzz.

A system of cells interlinked
This was excellent. A taut thriller with great performances all around. I went into it knowing almost nothing about it, and was pretty blown away.

I am the Watcher in the Night
This was one of my favourite movies last year, definitely top three with Big Short and Mad Max.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

watchable, not as good as i thought it might be, 6/10

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Just started watching this. Good for me so far. I love Emily.

Just started watching this. Good for me so far. I love Emily.
Yeah, Sicario was probably one of the better films from that year. Del Toro was definitely robbed for an Oscar Nomination.

Yeah, Sicario was probably one of the better films from that year. Del Toro was definitely robbed for an Oscar Nomination.
I dozed off just before the end, just after he caressed her hand. Can you give me a spoiler? I really liked it but dont get what their objective was because I obviously missed the reveal.

I dozed off just before the end, just after he caressed her hand. Can you give me a spoiler? I really liked it but dont get what their objective was because I obviously missed the reveal.
Sorry, my opinion; You have to watch the film for it to make an impact on you. Seriously, watch that sh*t. It's pretty good.

I've got too many on my list right now. Just want to know who they really were and what the objective was to use her as bait.

movies can be okay...
I thought this was Villeneuve's worst film. 6.5/10
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

This might just do nobody any good.
I've got too many on my list right now. Just want to know who they really were and what the objective was to use her as bait.
WARNING: spoilers below
A joint task force facilitates Matt and Alejandro's operation. They had her for show.

A joint task force facilitates Matt and Alejandro's operation. They had her for show.

Thanks saunchy. Nice hipster beard you're sporting.
OK so I take that to mean

FBI agent was required on the task force to get them entry to the other side? I dont know how your guys operate over that way. Will rewatch this down the track because I love her and Benecio, plus Brolin, but dont have time right now. And was there a previous relationship either work or romantic between Benecio and Emily characters?