Cole's 40 Favorite Mainstream Movies.

→ in
Tools    

Sorry, I don't like most Sci-Fi and I don't like any Star Wars movie.
Said the woman with Malkovich and Eternal in her top ten.

I thought Batman Begins was a pretty good movie, but didn't love it.

I assume that its appearance will mean that the The Dark Knight will be on here as well. I just hope that it doesn't also mean that The Dark Knight Rises will join it.

I have to return some videotapes.
I thought Batman Begins was pretty good movie, but didn't love it.

I assume that its appearance will mean that the The Dark Knight will be on here as well. I just hope that it doesn't also mean that The Dark Knight Rises will join it.
Rises will be in the top 5, I did NOT like TDK at all.

/s/

Guilty pleasure for me. Probably has plot-holes that I never will look up, because it's great to me. Rosamund Pike in it is so damn beautiful.

I liked Fracture quite a bit when I saw it in the theater. I have it in my DVD collection but for whatever reason I haven't watched it in quite a few years. Not sure how I feel about it now.

Still better than any Star Wars movie, though.

Fracture was a decent thriller. I remember liking the performances better than the story but I would need to re-watch to rate properly.

33. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
RT: 91%
IMDB: 9.3/10
Ebert: 3.5/4 initially, 4/4 updated.

To be honest this is really low for me, but I haven't watched it in a couple of months.. I'm sure if I watch it again soon it would be much higher

Shawshank used to be in my top 50, but the last time I watched it (a few years ago), the feeling just wasn't quite there anymore. I still liked it, but didn't love it. I'll be watching it again soon for the 7th HOF so we'll see if that last watch was just an anomaly.