Mulder and Scully are Back!!! But For a Limited Time Only.

Tools    

The Emmy Award-winning Pop Culture Phenomenon From Chris Carter Is Back as Six-Episode Event Series. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to Reprise Their Roles as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

Thirteen years after the original series run, FOX has ordered the next mind-bending chapter of THE X-FILES, a thrilling, six-episode event series which will be helmed by creator/executive producer Chris Carter with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. This marks the momentous return of the Emmy- and Golden Globe Award-winning pop culture phenomenon, which remains one of the longest-running sci-fi series in network television history.

The announcement was made yesterday by Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group and Chris Carter, creator and executive producer of THE X-FILES. Production on THE X-FILES event series is set to begin in summer 2015. Further details remain under wraps and will be announced at a later date.

“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” said Carter. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

“We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of THE X-FILES – one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers – and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again,” remarked Newman and Walden. “THE X-FILES was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as THE X-FILES, and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.”

THE X-FILES originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully (Anderson) and Mulder (Duchovny) as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.

Produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Ten Thirteen Productions, THE X-FILES is created and executive-produced by Chris Carter.

Source: Fox.com

Yep mentioned it in the television tab topic a few days ago. I'm very happy about it as the last film that was released was nothing special, a lot agreed it was almost like a below average episode made into a full length film... Let's hope they can end it in a way fans are actually happy with this time around!

Yep mentioned it in the television tab topic a few days ago. ..Let's hope they can end it in a way fans are actually happy with this time around!
This actually deserves its own thread. It's The X-Files after all. And once the six episodes finish, I doubt it will ever be over.

It looks like that episode two of the most anticipated television revival of The X-Files possibly may be a sequel to the beloved Season 4 episode "Home". The episode, which is entitled "Home Again", guest stars Community's Joel McHale as a news anchor who becomes allies with Mulder.

"Home" was the second episode of The X-Files Season 4, and is considered by many fans to be the best of the show's 10-year run. The story followed Mulder and Scully as they investigated the death of an infant with birth defects, which brought them to the home of The Peacocks, a family full of deformed farmers. "Home" was the first and only episode in the entire series that warranted the TV-MA rating.

Naturally, Fox has not yet confirmed that the second episode of the revival is in fact a direct sequel to "Home", but there is plenty of evidence to suggest it.

Source: Movieweb via TV Line

I watched The Simpsons episode; The Springfield Files the other day, it really put me in the mood for rewatching X Files. So I'm really looking forward to this.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I'm not a huge fan of "Home" to be honest. I think it's very well done and extremely effective but it's far from a favourite for me. The fact it terrified and scarred me as a kid doesn't help either!

Also I hope they don't do a sequel just for my mum's sake. She absolutely loves the show as well (in fact it was through her that I got introduced to the show) but she hates that episode. She's never actually watched it since it was first on. Anytime we have rewatched through the series she always skips that episode

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I loved Home, it creeped me out as a kid too though. Also it'll be weird seeing Joel outside of Community, don't think I've ever seen him in anything else.
Oh no it didn't simply 'creep' me out; it traumatised me. I would have been about 8 or 9 years old at the time and that was actually the first X-Files episode I ever saw. I think I just sort of stumbled across it on TV one night. And it freaked me out. The three brothers terrified me, as did the scene where they break into the house of the sheriff I think it is and kill both him and his wife. For a few months after that I'd have nightmares about them. I'd imagine their three heads peering around my door as I lay in bed. In fact I was so traumatised that I didn't watch my 2nd episode of the X-Files for another 2-3 years.

Oh no it didn't simply 'creep' me out; it traumatised me. I would have been about 8 or 9 years old at the time and that was actually the first X-Files episode I ever saw. I think I just sort of stumbled across it on TV one night. And it freaked me out. The three brothers terrified me, as did the scene where they break into the house of the sheriff I think it is and kill both him and his wife. For a few months after that I'd have nightmares about them. I'd imagine their three heads peering around my door as I lay in bed. In fact I was so traumatised that I didn't watch my 2nd episode of the X-Files for another 2-3 years.
Wuss.

Its about a disturbing, incest family like Texas Chainsaw Massacre SC you'd probably like it.
Yeah, I see the picture. It's got me intrigued. I'll have to see if it's on Youtube or something. It looks like The Hills Have Eyes.

♪♫♬♪♫EDM Lover For Life ♪♫♬♪
yeah this is gonna be awesome! Like every other fan of the show that heard they were coming back, my heart skipped a beat i know its a short run, but im hoping they do more. But i'll take anything they give from this great show! i heard CSM is coming back too, even though he died in the movie *thats scifi for ya* im happy cause he's a favorite character of mine

A system of cells interlinked
Lisa and I recently set out to re-watch the entire series, and we sort of ran out of gas in the middle of season 5, which I guess it fitting, because the show kind of ran out of gas around that time. That said, most of the content up until that point was consistently engaging, and some of it was downright awesome. Home has already been mentioned as a high point, one with which I must agree, but i must also mention the following episodes: Pusher, Unruhe, Squeeze, Jose Chung's "From Outer Space", D.P.O (Giovani Ribissi just KILLS it in the episode - watch it just for his performance), Bad Blood, Milagro, Beyond the Sea (Brad Douriff!), Clyde Bruckman's Final Response, and of course, the infamous Pilot Episode that hooked the entire country all those years ago.

The X-Files was some good TV!

It looks like now the second episode Home Again' isn't a direct sequel to 'Home' after all.

Anyways, here are some new photos of Mulder and Scully, a gif I personally made of them on the set and logo , and more to wet your X-Phile appetites. Including the latest issue of EW.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Lisa and I recently set out to re-watch the entire series, and we sort of ran out of gas in the middle of season 5, which I guess it fitting, because the show kind of ran out of gas around that time. That said, most of the content up until that point was consistently engaging, and some of it was downright awesome. Home has already been mentioned as a high point, one with which I must agree, but i must also mention the following episodes: Pusher, Unruhe, Squeeze, Jose Chung's "From Outer Space", D.P.O (Giovani Ribissi just KILLS it in the episode - watch it just for his performance), Bad Blood, Milagro, Beyond the Sea (Brad Douriff!), Clyde Bruckman's Final Response, and of course, the infamous Pilot Episode that hooked the entire country all those years ago.

The X-Files was some good TV!
I got the box set for Christmas and ran out of puff at the beginning of season 4. For me, the show was always at its best as a monster of the week vehicle and not when charging down the hill on the conspiracy bus.

Still have fond memories of the first few seasons - We used to video them when they premièred (Friday nights here, I think) then watch them when we got back from the pub, usually with a more sober re-watch the next evening.