Do you live near a movie set?

Tools    

Im watching this segment about 'Movie Mansions' in which this man visits the houses used in famous movies and my question is do any of you live near someplace like this?

Bonnie and Clyde (1967) was filmed partly on location in the next town over from me in Texas. A bank robbery and the scene where Clyde is trying to steal Bonnie's mom's car were filmed in Venus, Texas. Plus, a lot of the movie was filmed in nearby towns in Texas.

Logan's Run (1976) had it's climax filmed at the Water Gardens in Fort Worth, Texas, about 15 miles from where I live.

American Sniper, which is in pre-production and to be directed by Clint Eastwood, is having locations scouted in Midlothian, Texas, not too far from where I live.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I live in Melbourne, Australia and there are actually quite a few movies filmed here but I was trying to think of something really iconic that even internationals would know as well, I live about 30 minutes from Hanging Rock aka the location of Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975).

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

Never sure how true it was, but I am sure it made the local paper. In a quarry near where we used to live it was always believed that parts of "The Mummy" were filmed there.

Twitter: @MandFReviews

I live a block away from the Ipswich Railway museum where some filming for Colin Firth's 'The Railway Man' took place.

Also Savage's Crossing had some scenes shot at Savage's Crossing in my hometown.

Baltimore has been used in a great many movies because of its ability to look like a lot of different places depending on exactly where you are around town. Right now, it's being seen in the Netflix version of House of Cards. Aside from establishing shots, the show is not filmed in DC. Outdoor scenes are filmed in and around Baltimore City in many locations that are familiar to me. Indoor shots are done in a studio in Bel Air, a suburban area northeast of here. Other recent movies filmed here include Ted and The Social Network, Live Free and Die Hard, There's Something About Mary, Sum of All Fears, Syriana and a long list.

My personal favorites are all of the movies by John Waters. Classics like Multiple Maniacs, Pink Flamingos were filmed around the area where I grew up and I knew some of the so-called "Stars". A relative rented a house outside of town that had been Mortville in Desperate Living. There was a burned out spot out back where the trailer had been that was burned down by Divine.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
They made alot of Monuments Men near me. My mum saw Matt Damon in a little village near by.