What films have you seen that you think most people haven't seen?

Tools    

Name the most obscure, unknown, least seen movies that you have watched and see if anyone here has seen them. Here are the least watched films I have seen:

American Orpheus (1992)
Todo un caballero (1947)
Go in the Wilderness (2013)
All the Way to Paris (1966)
Sophie's Place (1986)
Fe (1994)
Ava & Gabriel: A Love Story (1990)
Leap 4 Your Life (2013)
The World and the Woman (1916)
Days of Gray (2013)
Camp New: Dollar Days (2017)
Virtual Love (1993)
Saving Borshia (2015)
Camp New: Humble Pie (2017)
52 Words for Love (2018)
The Anniversary (2014)
Carl (2011)
Lash of the Penitentes (1936)
Empty Suitcases (1980)
Darkest Edge (2020)
Rânia (2011)
Détruisez-vous (1969)
I am a Good Person/I Am a Bad Person (2011)
Buddy BeBop vs the Living Dead (2009)
Guilty Parents (1934)

Have any of you guys seen any of those? And what are your least seen movies?

Phew I dunno. I've not seen any of those I don't think.

I'll be surprised if anyone has seen the film 'Sleep Furiously' by Gideon Koppel.

Anybody seen:

'The Apple'
'The Gardener'
(both Iranian)

'Ajami' ? (really great hyperlink film)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077262/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Phew I dunno. I've not seen any of those I don't think.

I'll be surprised if anyone has seen the film 'Sleep Furiously' by Gideon Koppel.

Anybody seen:

'The Apple'
'The Gardener'
(both Iranian)

'Ajami' ? (really great hyperlink film)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077262/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
I haven't seen any of those that you mentioned.

I've seen both the Iranian "The Apple" and the Gonzo American/German musical "The Apple", both of which I consider essential viewing.

For my own, I imagine very few people have watched "Ogroff: The Mad Mutilator". Or the crappy Canadian hockey drama "Face Off". Or Edgar Ulmer's "Strange Impersonation".

"Sonny Boy" starring David Carradine is also chronically underseen.

How about Avengers: Endgame? I'm confident that nobody here has ever heard of that film.
Is that one of those foreign, independent films with a low budget and a bunch of unknowns in it? Sounds boring.

Is that one of those foreign, independent films with a low budget and a bunch of unknowns in it? Sounds boring.
Eh, it's decent. It's just a shame that most moviegoers would rather watch Marvel films instead of it.

I know I've seen a bunch of really obscure films, but maybe not that far out. A few...

Third Contact (2013)
The 12 (2017)
Aerials (2016)
Tuftland (2017)
The Figurine (2009)
Glass Chin (2014)
Sennentuntschi (2010)
Devil Times Five (1974)
A Man for Hanging (1972)

The first three are not particularly good.

Tuftland (from Finland) is low-budget and "amateurish", but I thought it was an interesting counterpart to Midsommar, if you can fathom that. Then again, I wasn't a huge fan of Midsommar, so

The Figurine (from Nigeria) is also on the very low-budget and "amateurish" side, but with the historical context of Nigerian cinema, it's quite good, and overall, it's not a bad film.

Glass Chin was very good and well shot. Stars Corey Stoll and Billy Crudup. Been meaning to check out more stuff from the director.

Sennentuntschi (from Switzerland) was competently made, a bit creepy, but also a bit all over the place.

Devil Times Five borders on farcical, but it did manage to surprise me.

A Man for Hanging is a really good western. I liked it a lot.

Sennentuntschi (from Switzerland) was competently made, a bit creepy, but also a bit all over the place.

Devil Times Five borders on farcical, but it did manage to surprise me.
Finally, something I've seen. I also pretty much agree with you on those two (I've rated them both 2/5, but may have been a tad too harsh for Sennentuntschi).

Some of my more obscure viewings are possibly the following:

Klyftan: A Finnish TV movie about our civil war seen through the eyes of a child.
In Love with the Dead: A horror drama from Hong Kong. I remember I liked it but can't say much more without a rewatch.
The Coming of Sin: A quite decent Spanish erotic thriller/drama.
Spasms: A surprisingly good B-horror about an evil giant snake. Don't know if it's that obscure, but I see it rarely mentioned anywhere.

Then there are too many Italian and Spanish trashy B-horrors to list. I also think that most films by Carlos Enrique Taboada fall under this category (I've seen three or four, and most of them don't have even decent quality copies available).

Finally, something I've seen. I also pretty much agree with you on those two (I've rated them both 2/5, but may have been a tad too harsh for Sennentuntschi).

Some of my more obscure viewings are possibly the following:

Klyftan: A Finnish TV movie about our civil war seen through the eyes of a child.
In Love with the Dead: A horror drama from Hong Kong. I remember I liked it but can't say much more without a rewatch.
The Coming of Sin: A quite decent Spanish erotic thriller/drama.
Spasms: A surprisingly good B-horror about an evil giant snake. Don't know if it's that obscure, but I see it rarely mentioned anywhere.

Then there are too many Italian and Spanish trashy B-horrors to list. I also think that most films by Carlos Enrique Taboada fall under this category (I've seen three or four, and most of them don't have even decent quality copies available).
The Coming of Sin was pretty good. That's the only one of yours I have seen. Spasms sounds like fun though.

I've seen both the Iranian "The Apple" and the Gonzo American/German musical "The Apple", both of which I consider essential viewing.

For my own, I imagine very few people have watched "Ogroff: The Mad Mutilator". Or the crappy Canadian hockey drama "Face Off". Or Edgar Ulmer's "Strange Impersonation".

"Sonny Boy" starring David Carradine is also chronically underseen.

I feel like Ogroff has developed that midnight movie following like Things has.

Though maybe I say that because it's the only movie listed in this thread that I've seen.

As for me, I only watch stuff other people have seen. Except that one time I watched Ninja Busters in the theater about 30 years after its initial release that never really happened and was lost. I guess not many people had seen it by that point. But now it's been out on blu-ray for a few years, I guess other people may have seen it by now.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Excellent thread idea! I'll avoid anything except feature films.

Just a tip for others who can't think of any. I'll paste the link below
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?n...tings=restrict

"Cairo '30"
"What Happened Was…" (Noonan)
"Chit-chat On The Nile" (Barakat)
"Cairo Station"
"Modlitba pro Katerinu Horovitzovou" (1965 TV Movie)
"Om Natten"
Border Street (1948)
Part-Time Work of a Domestic Slave (1973)
Rotation (1949)
Professor (1962)

Higher Probability (but I rather err on the side of cautionless!)
Wifemistress (1977) – eerie movie! Marcello Mastroianni
Los tallos amargos (1956) – also eerie, Argentine noir
Ditte, Child of Man (1946) - nice little movie, nothing special
Once You Kiss a Stranger… (1969) – I only wish I remembered this!
House of Women (1962)
Let No Man Write My Epitaph (1960)
T.R. Baskin (1971) - a young woman arrives in NYC.. Sex.. Probably Candice Bergen's first movie

One is a Lonely Number (1972) – loved this one! Narrative revolves around a woman, and she might even be narrating throughout the movie. Gave it a 10/10 but not sure if I want to see it again, possibly because I don't want to ruin my 10/10

Domenica d'agosto (1950)
Marvin & Tige (1983) - John Cassavetes finds a suicidal 9-yr old at a park bench! I don't mind sentimentality.

Who Saw Him Die? (1968)
Romeo, Julie a tma (1960) - Local boy who is hiding a Jewish girl
Krane's Confectionery (1951) – really cool about a mother who decides to leave her family for fun!

A Man to Remember (1938) - sentimental movie, but nothing I'd rush to see.

I gave both 3/5 and I think I was too harsh on Devil Times Five

Anyway, I also assume that most people are not familiar with Puerto Rican films...

Maruja (1959)
Dios los cría (1979)
Lo que le pasó a Santiago (1989)
La guagua aérea (1993)
Héroes de Otra Patria (1996)
Ángel (2007)

The only one of these I haven't seen yet is Dios los cría, but the others are all pretty good (although I haven't seen Héroes in 20+ years). Lo que le pasó a Santiago was even nominated for an Oscar that year.

Of the films I've seen that have fewer than 1000 IMDb ratings that I would actually consider recommending at all (though some were released in theaters, so I'm not sure how else to gauge their viewership aside from IMDb ratings . . . .):

Jordan (2010)
2 Nights Til Morning
Rufus
The Creatures Weird sci-fi drama from Agnes Varda
I Still Hide to Smoke A neat drama taking place in a female bath house where the women agree to hide a woman who is being hunted by a group of men
Sleepwalk Neat little thriller from Sara Driver
Slut in a Good Way Fun Canadian comedy about teen girls working in a toy store
Casa de Lava I bet some people here have seen this Pedro Costa film
When Pigs Fly Another one from Sara Driver
I Will Follow A really powerful film from Ava DuVernay. Seriously so good.
Two Step Decent crime thriller
The Hatred A short film from 2018 that really delivers on a low budget
Least Among Saints A solid drama that's one of those written/directed/starring deals from Martin Papazian.
Edge of Madness A woman is found wandering in the wilderness in the late 1800s and a local lawman must figure out what happened
Tikkun An orthodox scholar comes back from the dead and begins to see the world differently. Really haunting.
All This Panic
Jack Be Nimble A really off-kilter horror that I wish more people had seen
The Third Eye A psycho knock off that is amazing.
All is Normal A low-budget horror with really cool sound design
Jingle Bell Rocks Great little documentary about Christmas music

I'll also mention Salvage (2006, not the later one). I think it's a really original little horror film that does great things with its budget and a solid performance from the lead actress.

Of the films I've seen that have fewer than 1000 IMDb ratings that I would actually consider recommending at all (though some were released in theaters, so I'm not sure how else to gauge their viewership aside from IMDb ratings . . . .):

Jordan (2010)
2 Nights Til Morning
Rufus
The Creatures Weird sci-fi drama from Agnes Varda
I Still Hide to Smoke A neat drama taking place in a female bath house where the women agree to hide a woman who is being hunted by a group of men
Sleepwalk Neat little thriller from Sara Driver
Slut in a Good Way Fun Canadian comedy about teen girls working in a toy store
Casa de Lava I bet some people here have seen this Pedro Costa film
When Pigs Fly Another one from Sara Driver
I Will Follow A really powerful film from Ava DuVernay. Seriously so good.
Two Step Decent crime thriller
The Hatred A short film from 2018 that really delivers on a low budget
Least Among Saints A solid drama that's one of those written/directed/starring deals from Martin Papazian.
Edge of Madness A woman is found wandering in the wilderness in the late 1800s and a local lawman must figure out what happened
Tikkun An orthodox scholar comes back from the dead and begins to see the world differently. Really haunting.
All This Panic
Jack Be Nimble A really off-kilter horror that I wish more people had seen
The Third Eye A psycho knock off that is amazing.
All is Normal A low-budget horror with really cool sound design
Jingle Bell Rocks Great little documentary about Christmas music

I'll also mention Salvage (2006, not the later one). I think it's a really original little horror film that does great things with its budget and a solid performance from the lead actress.
I Still Hide to Smoke was really good. I've seen Sleepwalk and Slut in a Good Way and thought both were just alright.

I, along with about a dozen posters here, saw that one for the 24th Hall of Fame. Though it was a hard film to get through with bleakness filling seemingly every frame with almost no levity to make it easier to swallow, the hopeful ending won me over and, as a result, I enjoyed it quite a lot.