Your Top5 Favorite Animated Movies

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes.
Too bad you weren't here to vote on the Animation Countdown, or this one might have made the list.
Darn. I remember watching it for the first time then buying the video game for it and always playing it lol. It was one of my favorite movies as a little kid

Darn. I remember watching it for the first time then buying the video game for it and always playing it lol. It was one of my favorite movies as a little kid
It's one of my favorite movies, but I was 25 when it came out.

Here's my top 25 favorite animated movies, mostly in correct order. I took my old mofo animation list and changed it up a bit...

1. Toy Story 2 (1999)
2. WALL·E (2008)
3.Coraline (2009)
4. Wolf Children (2012)
5. It’s Such a Beautiful Day (2012)
6. Toy Story (1995)
7. Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
8. Beauty and the Beast (1991)
9. Ratatouille (2007)
10. The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)
11. Tarzan (1999)
12. Up (2009)
13. The Lion King (1994)
14. Corpse Bride (2005)
15. Peter Pan (1953)
16. Shrek 2 (2004)
17. The Iron Giant (1999)
18. The Rescuers (1977)
19. Finding Nemo (2003)
20. The Prince of Egypt (1998)
21. Mary and Max (2009)
22. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
23. Castle in the Sky (1986)
24. Waking Life (2001)
25. Sleeping Beauty (1959)

1. The Nightmare before Christmas
2. My neightbor Totoro
3. WALL - E
4. Grave of the Fireflies
5. Perfect Blue
6. UP
7. Wolf Children
8. Howl's moving castle
9. Monsters inc
10. Ratatouille

Care for some gopher?
16. Shrek 2 (2004)
22. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
It's a rare thing to see someone rate those sequels higher than the first ones.

It's a rare thing to see someone rate those sequels higher than the first ones.
Shrek 2 is maybe not a better movie per-say, but it's more entertaining.

And about HTTYD 2, I honestly think it flew above the first one, pun intended. Both are great though.

The fourth one was meh and - as much as I love the character - Puss in Boots was horrible, but I really enjoy the first three Shrek films.

I'd say there's a reason why the only non-Toy Story sequel to make the countdown was Shrek 2.

Master of My Domain
The first two Shrek movies are funnier than any Apatow movie.

Also,why is this thread in Misc chat?

I've come from nowhere, and I'm not shy to go back
The first two Shrek movies are funnier than any Apatow movie.

Also,why is this thread in Misc chat?
I wasn't sure if i should've posted here or in general movie discussions or maybe somewhere else. And yeah first two shrek movies were awesome. i liked the third one too but forth just ruined it for me.

Movie Forums Extra
Toy Story 3
Corpse Bride
The Little Mermaid 1
Over the Hedge
cinderella

Old thread, but I wanted to talk about some of my favorite non-Disney animated films that were kinda overshadowed and not remembered as fondly as they should've been. But before that, some of my favorite animated films are "kinda" Disney films, but they're technically made by Pixar (and released by Disney).

1. Toy Story 2
2. Toy Story 3
3. The Prince of Egypt
4. The Iron Giant
5. Ratatouille

Leaving aside the kind of recognition Pixar has well deserved, the '90s were a great time for Disney with their Renaissance Era, creating some of the most memorable animated films ever experienced by '90s babies. Unfortunately, there were also quite a number of non-Disney animated classics that were left in the dust, barely remembered by adults and never experienced by kids today, such as the likes of The Prince of Egypt that brought its A-game to all departments (music, story, animation, cinematography, and voice-acting), or Anastasia, which might not be one of my favorites, brought a pretty breathtaking soundtrack and mature storytelling to the table too. And who could forget the criminally underrated The Iron Giant, which didn't even receive its proper recognition 'till a decade later, when director Brad Bird went on to make The Incredibles (the latter of which was just a tad more overrated than Iron Giant; just saying).

I've been listening to the soundtrack of Prince of Egypt and Anastasia and I was just amused by how far Dreamworks Animation, or just animation in general have fallen since the days of those two films, which were practically masterpieces compared to the likes of anything imagined today. I mean, you had an epic reimagining of a larger than life biblical tale about prideful pharaohs and brother against brother, and nowadays, Dreamworks was too busy making funny animals with human expressions sing in a talent show. So yeah, Dreamworks has "come a long way" alright in the bad direction. Musicals used to be something more breathtaking back then. The studio behind Anastasia, 20th Century Fox was bought out by Disney, so that's the end to that. At least Warner Brothers made The LEGO Movie, even though it's still (in my opinion) a huge step down from the thoughtful and provocative Iron Giant. But I digress.

Looking forward to Soul though. I doubt it would be anything as good as Pixar's Golden Age movies (even Inside Out was kinda just above average), but the initial teaser trailer did give me the feels, so we'll see.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Old thread, but I wanted to talk about some of my favorite non-Disney animated films that were kinda overshadowed and not remembered as fondly as they should've been. But before that, some of my favorite animated films are "kinda" Disney films, but they're technically made by Pixar (and released by Disney).

If you want to exclude Disney and Pixar films from the list, my top 7 animated films would be:

1) Despicable Me (2010)
2) Anastasia (1997)
3) Home (2015)
4) Over the Hedge (2006)
5) Ice Age (2002)
6) Hotel Transylvania (2012)
7) Hoodwinked! (2005)