MOVIE OF THE (HALF) MONTH - MAY 2017 - EYES WIDE SHUT (1999)

Tools    

⬆️ In what way would naked women feel “safer” in the scenario you suggest? I would think just the opposite. Having only the women naked obviously makes them more vulnerable & the men more powerful. To my mind, it was definitely a “man’s world” in the club where women were subservient.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay, well if they were going for the man's world thing, than maybe it succeeded on that level then. I guess it just came off to be, that Kubrick is is comfortable with female nudity only, and feels that male nudity is more unsafe. But if they are going for the man's world, than maybe it succeeds, but why would these women want to join a secret club, if it means they are going have to be subservient?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Eyes Wide Sh#t

Oh how dare me! Kubrick is a genius! He couldn't possibly make one of the worst movies of all time?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
So far it's my third favorite Kubrick I think, but I have only seen I think seven of his.

Account terminated on request
Eyes Wide Sh#t

Oh how dare me! Kubrick is a genius! He couldn't possibly make one of the worst movies of all time?
{Chuckle}. Yeah, I found it to be pretty bad too.

I especially didn't like the preposterous way that his friend tried to convince him that they didn't kill the girl in the end. He did a really crummy job of sounding convincing. Of course they killed her.

So let's assume that the crummy job was him acting like a friend doing a crummy job. My question is which of these scenarios is true:

1. The friend lied to him about it to protect his feelings.
2. The friend lied to him about it to throw him off the trail and help forget about the society in an effort to protect him.
3. The friend himself honestly didn't know.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

A system of cells interlinked
Eyes Wide Sh#t

My wife is right there with you. She just rails at this film whenever it is mentioned. Needless to say, it doesn't end up on our display very often.

why would these women want to join a secret club, if it means they are going have to be subservient?
To make a living. I would imagine this work would pay a lot.

The friend lied to him about it to throw him off the trail and help forget about the society in an effort to protect him.
Bingo. And also in an effort to stop Bill from calling the cops & to prevent the club from being shut down & the ensuing scandal.

I also want my 13 minutes back from listening to that dumb and slowwwwww dialog between his wife and the drunk guy she was dancing with in the beginning. That could have been 3 minutes and not made me claw my eyes out.

⬆️ Okay, we get it. You like to troll people who elaborate on a belief.

With each year.passing, i find this film a masterpiece, it is such a good cinematic experience, the whole premise, the atmosphere throughout, i love every bit, every scene makes sense, u can t move ur eyes away from the screen, the ball room part is just one of the most atmospheric parts of any film, the music is just sublimely spine tingling