Affleck vs. Bale vs. Keaton vs. Kilmer vs. Clooney vs. West

Tools    

Who do you think is the best Batman/Bruce Wayne?
20.45%
9 votes
Ben Affleck
36.36%
16 votes
Christian Bale
38.64%
17 votes
Michael Keaton
2.27%
1 votes
Val Kilmer
0%
0 votes
George Clooney
2.27%
1 votes
Adam West
44 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Go back and watch the 1980s and 1990s movies, even the first two were so childish and cheesy. They do not stand the test of time.
Even if that's true you are talking about the movies not anyones portrayal of batman.

This poll is meant for the live-action actors that have played Batman in film. Also there were only so many names I could put in the thread title.

Im in.....disbelief that Michael Keaton is ahead of Christian Bale. He projects a certain kind of menace my balls. Michael Keaton would have been a great Harvey Bullock, but not Bruce Wayne and sure as hell no to the Dark Knight. I say this with no hesitation or doubt, but even Ben Affleck sold both performances much more convincingly than Michael Keaton.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Ben Affleck >>> Michael Keaton >>> Christian Bale

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I think that Keaton is the best Batman by a margin, he seems so much more like a human being. Bale and Affleck share the number 2 spot and I think that all the others are bad.

Just wait until someone votes for Clooney or Kilmer, they wont be exiting the forum alive.

I thought George Clooney would have been an awesome Batman IF he was told to play it straight. He had the look, bottom line - he is Bruce Wayne. He almost looks like a Neal Adams drawing hes so spot on. Also with his portrayal of Seth Gecko in From Dusk Till Dawn I knew he could be initimidating. More specifically he could be cold blooded crazy and not do it loudly. Then Joel Schumacher instilled his vision....

Kilmer could've been the best incarnation had they went w/ the vibe of those Batman Forever deleted scenes in the Batcave. Kilmer is capable of showing emotional depth while having a seemingly unshakable exterior appearance, he's the ideal guy to incarnate someone struggling to find a balance between their inner demons and moral convictions. Had the film been less of a cross between The Days of our Lives and a toy commercial then it might've benefited the performance much more. It's hard to feel inspired when you're given very little to work with.

Keaton and Bale were fine Batmans in their respective incarnations. It's hard to compare b/c Burton and Nolan's visions for the character were very different. One film is a highly fantastical take w/ mature themes set in a German Expressionism-inspired Gotham... while the other is a grimdark crime drama set in Chicago.