Favorite quote of all time in a movie !

Tools    

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like . . . victory."

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
This can't be done. DOES NOT COMPUTE. TOO MANY FAVOURITES. ARRRRRGH.

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

hahaha pretty cool guys to see all your quote continue to post it !

Great thread, Derek! There are so many quotes that are so great...whether they come from great, good, mediocre, or bad movies. We had a thread like this so long ago and I've forgotten the ones I posted so I'm starting from scratch. BTW, glad to see so many from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. That movie is a veritable quote machine.

Nothing is written.--"Lawrence of Arabia"

He's a natural born world-shaker.--"Cool Hand Luke"

If it's alright with you, lady, I just didn't feel like bleeding for him. And even if it isn't alright with you.

Well now, what'ya suppose hell's gonna look like?
We all die, just a question of when.

The dead are dead. You ought to bury them.
I'm sure that's good advice. Trouble is, Mr. Russell, I think you feel the same way about the living.----last 3 quotes from "Hombre"

Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.--"The Boondock Saints"

Impossible to pick "a" favorite. One I think about frequently is from Being Human, a not-very-good movie that I still enjoy a lot. Robin Williams plays several characters throughout time, all of them men who gain or lose families. At the end, we return to the framing story in the present day, a father trying to reconnect with his kids. They've got a campfire out by the beach, and he and his daughter are watching her younger brother play in the gathering darkness. The father is worried that he's not handling the situation well. The daughter has some simple advice.

"Everything's going to be OK."
"What do you mean, 'going to be'?"
"This is it."
"What?"
"I told ya, Dad. This is as good as it gets. This might be the best moment of your life. How much better do you want it?"

I think about this a lot: some day I'll look back and think about "the best moment of my life." You can't know that at the time. You realize it only later. Best to savor every moment. I've only found this type of good advice in the movies.

A favorite put-down from the original "Flight of the Phoenix": "Mr. Towns, you behave as if stupidity were a virtue. Why is that?"
Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain ... only straw. Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain? Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Probs not of all time but gotta love: (Its rude)

Somehow I believe, Ken, that the balance shall tip in the favor of culture, like a big fat ****ing retarded ****ing black girl on a see-saw opposite... A dwarf.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Thats In Bruges BTW

I forgive you......... but my tommy gun don't!!!!