Darkness

Tools    

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
There's something in this house... Something ancient and dark that remains still, hidden and silent. It can only wait, having been concealed in the shadows for years. In fact, its milieu is darkness. Only in it can it show itself and move. It even takes its name: DARKNESS. It's lived here since someone tried to call it, more than forty years ago. Because this house hides a secret, a terrible past, an inconceivably evil act... Seven children, faceless people, a circle that must be completed. And blood, lots of blood...

I think this looks scary. I don't really like Anna Paquin all that much but I'll rent this as soon as it comes to DVD. ( I never watch horror movies in the theater...little known fact about me.)

Looks interesting… the house in the Trailer reminds me of one my grandparents used to live in…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

ew. Creepy.
I don't know what it is about kids in scary movies but it gets me everytime. Especially if they're bad kids.

history *is* moralizing
seen it some 6 months ago, twas quite scary and pretty good.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yah, Dimension has been sitting on this film for an incredibly long time (well over a year if memory serves me correct).

The trailer is more than decent, my only problem is that towards the end it looks like it plays up on every modern horror cliche possible.

What horror film doesn't? There's not a whole lot that scares us these days.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Well sure, one reason horror movies work is because they harp on the cliches of what scare us, but this movie just looks like a straight homogenization of The Others, 13 Ghosts, House on Haunted Hill and Darkness Falls.

Saw the trailer last night on TV. Thought it looked mighty creeptacular, considering I've never heard anything about it. Not one thing. Usually when something comes straight out of nowhere like that the results are, well, not good. Maybe this will beat the rule.

Originally Posted by OG-
Well sure, one reason horror movies work is because they harp on the cliches of what scare us, but this movie just looks like a straight homogenization of The Others, 13 Ghosts, House on Haunted Hill and Darkness Falls.
and all those movies can be sourced to a slew of others. It's like I said, scary movies are all about the scare and not the plot. It's just how well they can milk the same scare tactic.

Here's Johnny!
i saw the end of this movie (in french) and thought it looked quite convincing and scary....the children....and decided itd be worth a look

and it doesnt really look anything like 12 ghosts, the others, and the others (maybe darkness falls for ovious reasons) but if you are doing a ghost story, then of course other ghost stories are going to be similar...

can't wait to get it on DVD

Here's Johnny!
and movies about the dark are intriguing, much mroe so than ones about light