The Hobbit

Tools    

I enjoyed reading the Hobbit much more than the LOTR.

But those movies. . . . .

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Well, Looks like Sir Ian McKellen is returning to 'The Hobbit'

Director Guillermo del Toro mentioned a few days ago that he had had a meeting with Sir Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis for them to reprise their roles in The Hobbit and its sequel as Gandalf and Gollum/Smeagol, respectively. Now we get to hear McKellen's side.

"Yes, it's true," McKellen told Empire Online at the UK Speed Racer premiere. "I spoke to Guillermo in the very room that Peter Jackson offered me the part and he confirmed that I would be reprising the role. Obviously, it's not a part that you turn down, I loved playing Gandalf."

He added that "Guillermo will be getting around to starting the script in about six weeks when he's finished filming Hellboy
Source

I CANT WAIT.

Im a hobbit junkie. My mum started reading it to me when i was a little Ronnie, and ive read both the dutch and english book over 20 times. And to have sir Ian McKellen, even better!

Yay i feel so happy

And do check my "art": Deviant

In the Beginning...
Wow, pretty impressive stuff. I'm still a little sour that they've greenlit a companion film that will supposedly bridge The Hobbit and the Rings trilogy, but it sounds like these two guys are treating everything with all the right respect and creative logic we want to see.

Personally, I'm excited that the object is to revisit Middle-Earth using all the same resources of the trilogy, but with a slightly differing take in order to reflect the earlier timeline. I think that's perhaps the most necessary and most magical decision these two guys will make during this entire process.

I'm a little sad about this, cos I'm not a fan of Tolkein, but more than that , it's going to take Del Toro out of directing anything else for more than four years. What a shame.

In the Beginning...
I'm a little sad about this, cos I'm not a fan of Tolkein, but more than that , it's going to take Del Toro out of directing anything else for more than four years. What a shame.
Sorry.

If you're more into the Hellboy films, or even his backlog of horror, you'll probably be disappointed. But I'm sensing that you really, really liked Pan's Labyrinth. If that's the case, I imagine you'll be pleased, even if you aren't a Tolkien fan. At least take solace in the fact that Del Toro himself admitted that he jumped at the opportunity to adapt The Hobbit on his passion for the work alone, despite the fact that he usually avoids attaching himself to high-profile productions. If he wants to do it, you can rest assured it'll show through and make the film all the better.

WOW! I am so excited! must have read this book a hundred times as a kid! Finally a movie! and im sure Del Toro will make Smog the most interesting and unique dragon you have ever seen haha
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

I just watched Dailies Weekend yesterday and they are reporting that Del Toro and Jackson are considering James McAvoy for Bilbo now

In the Beginning...
I just watched Dailies Weekend yesterday and they are reporting that Del Toro and Jackson are considering James McAvoy for Bilbo now
Hmm.

Not that he wouldn't be great, but I'm going to hope that they can somehow make Ian Holm work in the role. And while I don't quite believe them when they say in that interview that serious casting consideration won't be happening for a while (how can they not think about who's going to play who?), I still feel like they'll keep Ian Holm in mind for quite some time.

Jack Black denies rumors of role as Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit

-Hattori Hanzo

Dailies Takes have just reported that James McAvoy (who personally said in an interview) that he hasn't been asked to do Bilbo Baggins yet.

I can't wait until The Hobbit movie!
It's going to be so cool!

The Lord of the Rings

Never Rub Another Mans Rhubarb.
This movie is gonna rock, I prefered the book to the LOTR trilogy and I think Del Toro will really bring something special to it.

I went to the movies the other day to go see Pineapple Express. I was waiting in line and happened to look at the upcoming movie posters. I was shocked to see a poster for The Hobbit. I looked absoutely every where for the poster. I finally came across one copy of the poster that I saw. I know it's a real poster because I saw it at the movies, but I found it on Image Shack after looking just about everywhere. I don't know if this poster is new or what, so here it is:

Never Rub Another Mans Rhubarb.
What I want to know is why it says it's a Peter Jackson film when Del Toro is directing it? Is Peter Jackson even involved directly with this one?

What I want to know is why it says it's a Peter Jackson film when Del Toro is directing it? Is Peter Jackson even involved directly with this one?
Not sure. I know that Guillermo del Toro is directing, this is stange. Then again, Peter Jackson is producing if that answers your question.