Legend of Zelda movie

Tools    

Someone Save Us College Kids
yeah the residental evil movie wasnt bad at al but does any one think they can pull it off

Thursday Is Best
ok heres what ive come up with.

link - matt damon
now i know what your thinking, it would be stupid with him in it but think how good it could tun out if he does it in GOOD serious typ mood. and i think matt damon with a little longer blonde hair looks like and the correct suit would look kewl.

zelda - reese witherspoon
same thing as before but i think she can play a serious role, but we never really sen her in one. i think the legally blonde movies destroy a serious loook from her. but with her with long straghit hair i think she looks like zelda.

ganandorf - arnold vasloo weve discussed him

hope it hlps

I see what your sayin about Damon, and it sounds like a good idea. Can't imagine Reese Witherspoon playin a serious role, though. I'd still say Keira Knightley for Zelda...

It would be cool if they made a Zelda movie no matter what the cast is. Just as long as they do it right. Recent movies based on video games have sucked. If you see the House of the Dead you will know what I mean.

Originally Posted by CyCL3
zelda - reese witherspoon
same thing as before but i think she can play a serious role, but we never really seen her in one.
Never played Zelda, but RW has played in a serious movie. Fear with Mark Whalberg. Just thought I'd point that out incase you guys might wanna check it out.
And found he was eating his shoe.

There will be a Zelda film. Not directed by Peter Jackson, but in the style of the LOTR films. It will be co-written and directed by a glass mantis productions and it will take most likely six or seven years from now for this film to be released. There is some difficulty acquiring the rights to the story, which is why it will take so long. The actors cast in the roles will likely be unknowns, except for Ganondorf, as it was felt he should be played by a well-known and respected actor. Zelda and Link will be played by actors who are approximately eighteen years old, and the story will be LOOSELY based on the Ocarina of Time story, but much less complex, and with added occurences.

Originally Posted by T.H.U.G
I mean, look at LOTR, hardly any of them were well known, and now they're superstars.

What?!?

Most of them were well known and a few weren't.

In the Beginning...
Well, I'd say a few were recognizable, but seldom to a casual movie fan. Most people probably could have said, "Yeah, he/she was in that one movie...", about almost every actor/actress in the films, but couldn't have picked out a name.

Elijah Wood and Sean Astin were probably "familiar" to most, and Hugo Weaving was probably associated with "The Matrix" pretty quickly. Viggo Mortenson was probably a stretch for most people, since he's picky about roles. Bernard Hill and Brad Dourif might have been known to some, but most people would have no idea. Everyone who watches TV probably knows who Liv Tyler is, or who her daddy is. And Indy fans know who John Rhys-Davies is, but few know past that. I'd say Ian McKellen was probably pretty recognizable, thanks to the fact that X-Men catered pretty successfully to both comic book fans and casual film-goers alike. And Christopher Lee was probably known by older film fans, Bond fans, and everyone who saw Episode II. Past that, I doubt anyone knew who Orlando Bloom, Dom Monaghan, Billy Boyd, Miranda Otto, Karl Urban, John Noble, David Wendham, or Sean Bean was.

Did you just prove my point? I think you did.

Viggo has been around... Young guns 2, Carlito's Way, The Prophesy, ... as the master chief in GI Jane (unforgettable that one)... 28 Days, A Perfect Murder. Not a stretch at all IMHO.

By the way... you forgot Christopher Lee

edit** No you didn't, I forgot to read...

edit*** Please tell me you're giving credit where due to Sir Ian for having a pre X-Men career?

Don't forget, Tolkien has fans as old as my dad, and I'm old enough to have fathered most people here at this site.

Me and Aniko and Nebbit can have an old fogey 3some...

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Sir Toose
Did you just prove my point? I think you did.
Yeah, I guess I did...

Viggo has been around... Young guns 2, Carlito's Way, The Prophesy, ... as the master chief in GI Jane (unforgettable that one)... 28 Days, A Perfect Murder. Not a stretch at all IMHO.
Don't forget Crimson Tide. I was just stating that, based on these past roles, he'd be recognizable to most people, but I doubt they'd know his name or could even come up with three movies he has been in.

edit*** Please tell me you're giving credit where due to Sir Ian for having a pre X-Men career?
Believe me, I'm well aware of McKellen's career prior to his step into "geek cinema". Gods and Monsters, Apt Pupil, Richard III, Six Degrees of Separation, and even Last Action Hero (which not many people remember he was in) come to mind.

Don't forget, Tolkien has fans as old as my dad, and I'm old enough to have fathered most people here at this site.
Quite right. I'm still fairly new to the whole Lord of the Rings story, but thankfully, I read the books before seeing the films.

Me and Aniko and Nebbit can have an old fogey 3some...

I think that ganon should be played by vin diesal (sp) (if they did it live aktion)

Gone with the wind in 60 seconds
Originally Posted by T.H.U.G
I think they should make a Zelda movie. It would be good if it was made like LOTR, and I think Link would look a little more mature if he looked more like Fierce Diety Link. Here are some of my ideas for the characters:

Link- Orlando Bloom or Elijah Wood
Zelda- Keira Knightly
Ganondorf- Johnny Depp or Arnold Vosloo (Imhotep)
Nabooru- Michelle Rodriguez

Also I think there should be a whole new story(in hyrule) instead of basing it on one of the games. Anyone with me?
I think Christina Applegate would make a good Zelda. I also think the whole idea of making a movie from legend of zelda game is great. this game is the best game of all time.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	princess zelda.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	2455  

Gone with the wind in 60 seconds
Originally Posted by katic_92
I think Christina Applegate would make a good Zelda. I also think the whole idea of making a movie from legend of zelda game is great. this game is the best game of all time.
Also Charlize Theron would be play Zelda.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	charlize_theron.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	2457  

Get off my island
Matt Damon as Link = not a good idea just my opinion. The person playing Link should be kinda slim and not archetypal action hero. I think new actors for both would be a good idea.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

I See You When You're Sleeping
*MinionFact*

Link was actually on Tom Cruise's character in the Ridley Scott film Legend.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
*MinionFact*

Link was actually on Tom Cruise's character in the Ridley Scott film Legend.
Lol

Originally Posted by theshape82
UMA THURMAN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
are you nuts?
that's awefull....she would NOT be a good zelda
don't get me wrong....uma is my Hottie with a capital H
but zelda she is not
i agree she is a good actress but not zela atral. a zelda should be more quiet and less brash, such as keira knightley (bend it like beckham, pirates of the caribean)or that one from resident evil mill jovich.

The zelda cast should include

Link-Dean Correll (rising young actor on broadway)
Zelda - Hilary Duff
Gandorf - Colin Farrel