! -The Lord of the Rings - !

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
Less than a month away fellas..
Well, guess that doesn't include me.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by TWTCommish
Naw, you're so friendly, Sades, you're one of the fellas, without actually being one, technically.
Ditto, sorry to make you feel outcast on that one Sadie.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish
Naw, you're so friendly, Sades, you're one of the fellas, without actually being one, technically.
Thanks T. That's a nice compliment.*blushing*

I am so freakin' psyched for LOTR:The Fellowship of the Ring!!!

I haven't read the books either though, I would like like to. I don't think someone would need to read them to understand the movie. So I am not worried in that way.
It is going to really blast Harry Potter away!!!!!!! The theaters will be packed, shows sold out and me??????? I'll be in hell workin within! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
You know, I am looking forward to Lord of the Rings, but where in the original book is a light up collectable goblet from Burger King? Can ANYONE make a movie that isn't tainted by crass merchandising tie ins? Just a question.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Can anyone make a movie WITH A HUGE BUDGET that isn't tainted by crass merchandising tie-ins? Well, no, probably not.

All of this Lord of the Onion Rings stuff isn't going to detract in the least bit from my experience with Peter Jackson's movies. If they're good adaptations, that is ALL I care about. I'm not gonna be collecting the plastic goblets and whatnot, so they don't bother me in the least.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I can't wait for this one!

Steve

Female assassin extraordinaire.
my god, that is so true, i just saw the ad for the lightup cups the other day! (lord of the onion rings - hilarious, holden!)

man man man, i feel like a kid, you know, when they run up to an adult and tug and tug on their leg or shirttail begging and dragging and trying to get them to buy them something or take them somewhere? that's how i feel waiting for this movie. now, dammit, NOWWWW!!

it's just cruel, they play the trailer at the movies and this is a rare case where i actually feel teased and deprived.

i just bought Baldur's Gate and I'm totally into RPG mode these days, eyeing elves and swashbuckling. the world we're in these days is making everyone wistful and hopeful for another time - another reason why i think Harry Potter and LOTR is garnering so much support/attention/desire.

and it's been so long since we've been properly immersed in a fantasy film of this genre. HP touched on it but not much ... i don't want to be in the modern world with a secret world within it - i want the fantasy world with terrain that isn't mine, rules that aren't mine, and a whole different way of life.

sheez i'm impatient. *beating fists in rhythm on the desk at work*

Lord of the Rings! Lord of the Rings! Lord of the Rings!!

Checkout the attached photo...look at how small he looks! Amazing work there...this movie looks fantastic. Oh, and Fox is airing a special on the movie on Thursday -- DON'T MISS IT! I'm gonna watch it and post afterwards in this thread, most likely.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	hobbit.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	5  

Now With Moveable Parts
I never watch things about movies I'm jacked about BEFORE I see it. I just want to be surprised. stuff like that just gives too much away...I'm thrilled I have only seen but ONE preview. That's all I need. I know I'm going to go, and I know I'm going to love it...why spoil it?

Check it izzout...from IMDB.com:

Ian McKellen, who plays Gandalf in Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, has seen a completed print of the movie and has pronounced it "entrancing." The redoubtable Shakespearian actor, who won numerous acting awards and nominations for his performances in such films as 1998's Gods and Monsters and 1995's Richard III as well as the HBO production of Rasputin in 1996, writes on his website (http://www.mckellen.com/) that the movie moves along at such a pace that it becomes "the film equivalent of 'not being able to put it down till I'd finished.'" Finally, he concludes, "Everything on screen honors Tolkien's imagination and cinematically matches it."
Yay.

Now With Moveable Parts
I just read an article in that magazine for theater owners, that the sets were artisticly designed by the same guy that illustrated some of the later editions of the series...cool.

Posted a news item on LOTR:FOTR:

Reviews of "Lord of the Rings" Surfacing!

Can't wait for this film. Just...can't...wait. Anyone see the 30-minute special on FOX last night? Wasn't too bad. Better than the POTA one they did (which, basically, sucked, IMO). It was pretty much worth watching for the 2 minutes of footage at the end, and little else. They shot arrows through those little holes! Oh man. Moria looks creepy.

Let me say that every time I see a short for it, I go crazy like hell because I am childish and want to see it now!

I rulz

Now With Moveable Parts
...as do we all...

I read the book ash and I was the best book I have read! It was so dark and detailed that my imagination went haywire! Go see it because I can't wait to see the world of middle earth in all its glory.