Mad Max: Fury Road

Tools    

I could've watched this today, but one of my collegues beat me to the press screening.

But you can be damn sure I will go see it as soon as possible! I can't wait for this!

A system of cells interlinked
MUST SEE THIS!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I tried to read a review today, but they were giving too many deets for my taste. 9.2/10

Interesting to read that Hardy is being described as secondary character. Then again, he was great in that other movie with a mask.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I'm counting on this pepping me up after the Avengers letdown. I was getting skeptical, because it appears to be the same scene (cars/ pyro) on repeat. Good to see it is receiving such universal praise.

I tried to read a review today, but they were giving too many deets for my taste. 9.2/10

Interesting to read that Hardy is being described as secondary character. Then again, he was great in that other movie with a mask.
Max is always a small part of the whole picture in these films. He's a legend in the world and the story is always centered around the events that he stumbles into. He's never really the initiator of the events that make up the films, but he is the force that comes into the story that helps drive it to its conclusion.

I'm so freaking excited for this film!!!!

Just for the record - is this actually "Mad Max 4" or is it a reboot?

Yeah I was never really clear about that myself. I heard it's viewed as just another entry despite it maybe not being linked to the others. Kind of like James Bond films with different actors.

Well, as I understood it you could sat that it is both.

It's a sequel, in the sense that Miller didn't want to tell the same story over again, and since it originates from the original screenplay for a fourth film, written a little time after Beyond Thunderdome. But you could also call it a reboot, since it is mostly just a continuation and expansion of the universe, not really having a connection to the previous films.

Anyways, I'll see it friday, guess I'll know for sure how it plays out!

Does it really matter if it's a sequel or a reboot? Do people actually watch Mad Max movies for the story?

I watch them for violence, explosions and, most of all, crazy ass costumes and general insanity.