The Omen (Remake)

Tools    

Originally Posted by susan
you've got to be kidding...

and i like julia stiles...
I know, I didn't even hear so much as a whisper about it being remade until the day I posted this thread. So like any sane person would do I rushed over to the forum to chat it up with you fine people

Sarcasm aside, I like Julia Stiles too. I just thought it was interesting because I've never seen her in this type of role.

Originally Posted by jrs
Click here for an "Exclusive" Omen 6 Minute Sneak Peek.
Good boy.

*edit*

Actually, it's almost identical to the original except for a few minor changes such as the falling buidings or that freak in the costume holding Damien up in the air. I dont care anyways. I'm still gonna check it out.

Originally Posted by Sir Toose
That dog looks lame, I could beat up that dog.
Have you gone mad.

That dog would eat you as an appetizer after of course he toyed with you like a cat would a mouse for a good 20 mintues or so.

i like the original but there are too many remakes and way too many old tv shows being mad into movies

This movie opened with $12,633,666 on tuesday. I believe it was the largest tuesday opening in history wasn't it?
Anyways, those numbers were obviously tweaked to get those three 6's there at the end..............or were they. Dun!! Dun!! Dun!!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i bet they were.

um, the only thing i've ever found julia stiles to be competent in is the Bourne Identity movies. she is not very capable of doing subtle - she can only do extremes (very happy, very sad, very scared, very angry, etc). when i saw the first, shorter, less give-away trailer, i was happy to see liev schrieber (always had a little thing for him) and she didn't look so bad as a mom.

what i liked about the marketing for this is that it was smart. it was minimal. remember The Matrix? they gave cryptic, minimal trailers, then it hit us like a hot ton of bricks and we were enthralled.

alas, the omen sold out and gave us way too much info in the trailers right before the release.

i'll get around to writing a review but for now I shall say that liev schrieber seemed practically dead and emotionless, julia stiles is too young - acting and experience-wise - to play the character she did - and the boy literally had about 6 lines in the movie and had a very crappy end scene. that poster someone put of him holding a hand and looking back? yeah, immediately at the end of that look he SMILES.

THIS ISN't SUPPOSED TO BE CHUCKY PEOPLE! GET WITH IT!

argh. the movie was not scary, had a silly/pathetic plotline with "the signs" and their interpretation, was messy and more focused on dramatic imagery than marrying plot to ambiance (ie, it was more focused on showing Julie Stiles in red in a pale room, all haunted and striking).

total waste of time.

They all ready remade the omen they need to stop remaking everything and messing them up and make some new movies ugh come on

They all ready remade the omen they need to stop remaking everything and messing them up and make some new movies ugh come on
Dude, this thread is almost four years old.