The Hobbit

Tools    

The Hobbit was the wrong movie to do 48HFR in, it should have been a nature documentary, something like Planet Earth. The amount of detail is beautiful, but distracting to the story. The "magic" of movies is gone. IF this is the future of movies, then the production quality of making movies needs to catch up. Several things that went through my head while watching the film.

Those rocks are too plastic looking.
I can see the stitching in Gandalf's hat.
People moving in fast-forward? That's distracting.
Images from afar look beautiful, but up close, too digital.

Thus taking me OUT of the story and noticing HOW they make movies. I don't want to watch a film and see the "Behind the Scenes" right then and there. But that's just me.

My overall thoughts on the film are here.
See thats just it, we saw the same thing and we are perceiving it in two different ways. I saw the fake rocks, the stitching in the hat, everything. But to me all of this looked REAL and that made the movie seem real.There's no question that this would look better on a nature documentary and that production details need to be improved before this will really WOW people. Sometimes the CGI looked horrible (like the bunny sled sequence) but other times it made the CGI look more real, like the cave trolls for instance...you could literally see the little fuzzy hairs on the troll's body and you could see them movie realistically with the wind. I guess when watching a movie like this I already go in with a large amount of suspension of disbelief that I wasnt too distracted by the hyper realism.

Whatever the case, my only point is that this technology is so raw right now. I think its too early to say that it flopped. A lot of people said that about blu-ray when it came out and it seems to me like its doing fine.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I did not see it in high frame rate, so i can't speak to how that looked, but I saw the Hobbit with my girl and two friends, and we laughed and had a good time the entire film. Adventure, humor, and likeable heroes...thumbs way up.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I thought the CGI looked terrible in this film :/

Final Hobbit film pushed back
Move is thought to have been made to avoid a clash with the forthcoming 'X-Men' sequel

Peter Jackson's final film in his Hobbit series, 'The Hobbit: There and Back Again', is having its release date pushed back five months.

Originally due for release in July 2014, it will now become a Christmas title, hitting cinemas and concluding his trilogy on December 17, 2014.

It means that all three films will have been released at Christmas, in the same manner as his 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy.

The next film, 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug', is still due out on December 13, 2013.

No reason has been given as to the shift in release date, but there is speculation that it has been done to avoid a clash with 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'.

So far, the December 17 slot is only occupied by Jackson's final Hobbit film.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/final-hob...102800235.html

I thought this movie was going to be entertaining. I enjoyed myself twice in this movie. The first time was during the scene where the dwarves were clinging to the leg of the rock giant, the second was when I almost fell over backward while rocking on a yoga ball (waiting for the end to arrive).

☆☆

I did enjoy the visual effects though.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Sneak Peek out for The Desolation of Smaug on the 24th on a line stream for those who purchased the DVD.

I guess if you purchased the DVD you already know this, and if you haven't you don't really care.. rendering this post completely pointless.

I thought this movie was going to be entertaining. I enjoyed myself twice in this movie. The first time was during the scene where the dwarves were clinging to the leg of the rock giant, the second was when I almost fell over backward while rocking on a yoga ball (waiting for the end to arrive).

☆☆

I did enjoy the visual effects though.
On a side note, this is also a terrible post.

My post there is terrible... In what way? It's absolutely true. The movie dragged on, and I did almost fall off a yoga ball.