Atheism, a new look at things.

Tools    

Theoretically it is scientifically posible to travel faster than the speed of light.
First of all, what does this even mean? What is "scientifically possible"? Science is a method. It's weird to cast it as an adjective other than to say something like "Robert Fripp's songs sound like they were scientifically composed" in that they seem carefully and methodically written. So yeah, I think you just meant "theoretically". In which case, yes it is theoretically possible to travel faster than the speed of light, but the current physics requires that you have a negative mass and be traveling backwards through spacetime. If you view the speed of light as a barrier for positive energies---let's say, you and I---then it's simply the logic of symmetry to assume that something past that barrier would have "bizzaro" properties. I think of it like this and because I know that the math verifies it---but it's just math.

I haven't heard that theory of anything being faster than light--only that Einstein claimed there was nothing faster and no one has yet been able to track anything at a faster speed.
Again, it's just math. Nothing has been identified to travel faster than light although light can be slowed down to below the speed of light so that particles can then travel faster than the slowed down light producing a kind of light Doppler effect called Cherenkov radiation. This effect is seen a lot in nuclear reactors, so if you hear about things going faster than light, this is what they're talking about.

But theoretically speaking, tachyons have been in the mix long enough to have become a rather common bit of pop culture technobabble on sci-fi shows and films. But again, they are only mathematically "predicted", and we don't know at all if they exist in nature. I also fail to see how we could produce them with technology.

I love how Disney completely flipped the moral play around from the original book, which warned against letting go of childhood too late. Peter pan, the Heartless he was called in that...
Do you actually love it, or do you mean "I love how" in the ironic sense that you find it laughably stupid?

Because I really do love how Disney turned it around if that's true. What a horrible message that is: to let go of childhood too late... why should we ever in the sense of Peter Pan and being a free spirit? I definitely think Disney got it right on that one.

You were more more advanced than me if you were thinking about Tinkerbell that way at nine or ten.
Hey, did you guys hear the one about how many fairies it takes to screw in a lightbulb?

Two.

Semper Fooey
Clap if you believe in God.