Movie Clichés

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
There are also the ones where you have to drive, run or jump forward to escape a humongous CGI explosion. If you're the bad guys, you're toast, but if you're the hero, you get your clothes slightly burned and you even get to keep wearing your hat after jumping out a window 30 stories up and having several trees and/or a car windshield break your fall like some giant pillow.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I love the cars that can seemingly heal themselves. They could have their windsheld smashed beyond repair in one scene, in another they're good as new. I know it's a mixup on set, but still, I want one of those cars!!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I love the cars that can seemingly heal themselves. They could have their windsheld smashed beyond repair in one scene, in another they're good as new. I know it's a mixup on set, but still, I want one of those cars!!!
I want one of those too... and what about the cars that make those hellacious jumps... and keep right on going...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I want one of those too... and what about the cars that make those hellacious jumps... and keep right on going...
Oh yeah, disregard that this jump is near impossible and the simple fact that it IS possible is simply because this is a hollow shell of the real car. We're going to jump this here car of this here cliff and it will land, on all four tires and drive off like nothing happened (driver unharmed).

If someone walks into a bar, there's always a seat and they get served straight away. The barman/barmaid often know what drink they want as well.

After sex, people wrap themselves up in the bedcovers so they can leave the room/get dressed.

When someone does have safe sex you never see the awkward 'condom moment'.

Almost all cars:

Explode when involved in an accident/are shot at/drive off a cliff/etc.

Flip or barrel roll in crash unless it's a head on collision.

Have a rear view mirror which appears and disapears, depending on whether the shot's inside or outside the car.

Can be opened with a coat hanger in about 2 seconds.

Have a boot/trunk big enough to fit, at least, one human comfortably. It can also be opened from the inside and left ajar with any signal or warning light appearing on the dashboard.

Have a V-8 engine (judging by the sound most of them make when involved in a car chase)

Have tyres that squeal around corners, regardless of the speed.

lol wat bout this one;
bad boy meets inocent angel girl, bad boy fals in love an changes to angel boy, something tragic happens, they over come it and they all live happily ever after.

When someone does have safe sex you never see the awkward 'condom moment'.

Oh God... that reminded me of that crazy Blake Edward's movie Skin Deep with John Ritter... Have you ever seen it?

Oh God... that reminded me of that crazy Blake Edward's movie Skin Deep with John Ritter... Have you ever seen it?
I have seen that, in fact, I used to own that film many, many moons ago. So, yes, I know exactly which scene you're talking about. By far the best scene in the film.

how about;

Every time a car speeds off, the tires screech, even on a DIRT ROAD!

1. The rebellious teenage daughter. Just about teenage girl in a movie hates their parents, dress up in scanty outfits and date shady guys. Of course there is always some major event at the end of the movie that makes them see the error of their ways.

2. The kid who hates his father. Whenever the parents are divorced in movies why does at least one of the kids - usually the son - always hold a huge grudge against him?

3. The Statue of Liberty. Just about every distaster movie since 'Planet of the Apes' shows a glimps of the shattered remains or the half buried Statue of Liberty.

4. The Creepy/Evil Little Girl. I dare someone to count the number of horror movies that feature one of these.

5. No one eats their dinner. Everytime there is a large business meeting or something, you see the people talking with a full plate of food on the table in front of them, yet no one so much as touches their plate.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
6. in a lot of teen movies especially, there is almost always one scene with a big party where half the school or something shows... maybe i was just a total nerd, but i don't think this usually happens. does it?

The whole stereotypical 'mean high school Sports Jock'. In Hollywood's world you turn into a complete jerk when you join the schools football team. Your only other friends are members of the team. Everyone else are low life scum. You should also expect to lose your hot girlfriend to the nerdy protaginist.

You can find a whole universe, (well I suppose "moon", amiright?), of cliche's in this new movie they're calling Avatar.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

When I was a kid it used to annoy me intensely that in all the adventure type films the woman always fell over when they were trying to escape from baddies/monsters/wild animals. More often than not tripping over their high heels in the jungle . I used to think I ran faster and better than all the lads in our street so I couldn't understand this depiction of women as frail idiots
it's a bit better now, but you still see it sometimes.

The American Hero. e.g, the last samurai

When in a car and something strange or dangerous happens
instead of stopping by the road...
ow no sir, just keep pushing that pedal in order to slip and slide and sometimes crash that car

The typical evolution from
a-guys dont liking/cant stand each other
to -
b-same guys liking each other and being best friends at the end

(Remeber the titans,or any/most highschool in the Bronx Literature teacher Movie.)

It only blows up when the hero is running juuuust far enough in order to not get hurt from it

Employee of the Month
When the hero(es) get stopped by a police car, it took almost minutes, before the cop get out of his car. He is also suspicious, half blind, almost deaf and notice nothing at all. But if so, there is good chance, that he will end up dead.