Movie Clichés

Tools    

The King of Movies
We all know them, clichés in movies that we have seen over and over again in hundreds of movies. What are some clichés that you have noticed or that you cannot stand.

One cliché that i have noticed alot is the fact that in almost ever party in a movie that involves underage drinking, involves the teens not drinking from bottels or cans but from red plasstic cups.

Anyway that is just one Cliché, try to name a few.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The archenemies gang is comprised of members that are either moronic of inept.

For example the scene in Star Wars where the stormtroopers are shooting it out in a narrow corridor on the death star.

Come on!

You didn't even nick one of them.

The bad guys always expose their bodies during a fire fight.

The boss always put the most inept moron in charge.

Like in Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead.

P.S. Hey king_of_movies_316 don't go away, you just keep pissing them off.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Group dynamics are always ridden with cliches:

-Friend groups (Always Sunny in Philadelphia made a episode about this) The Looks, the Muscle, The Brain, and the Wild Card

-The villian gang in comicbook movies: The Body, the Brains, and the Brute.

Also, death sequences:

-Black guy, the supposed leaders, the other diverse person, and then it's just the backround guy/girl that survives

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

Also, death sequences:

-Black guy, the supposed leaders, the other diverse person, and then it's just the backround guy/girl that survives
What about the guy who gets a letter from his girl back at home?

Government employees competence is inversely proportional to the rank they have achieved.

Like in Die Hard for instance.

P.S. Please don't turn this into a tired political discussion.

• Damsel stumbles and falls whilst running away from the bogeyman/men (extremely annoying).
  • Same damsel makes it to car that won't start.
  • Hero leaping in slow motion from a window into deep water just as building explodes.
  • Weathered supporting character yells 'You wanna live forever!!!' before sacrificing himself (whilst also killing loads of baddies) so the airbrushed hero can escape.
  • Lone woman suspecting she has an intruder slowly tip toes round her apartment in the dark whilst nervously saying 'hello? I know someone's there'.
  • Same woman thinks intruder is behind a closet door but on yanking it open a startled cat shrieks and bolts out.

After finding a disemboweled body, the hot chick decides this is a good time to take a shower.

Hey Loner, don't mess with that cliche.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
Bedsheets that cover women up to their armpits but only cover guys to their waists.

When citizens of a non-English-speaking country talk to each other in English instead of their native language.

Foreign/indie films where nothing interesting happens for the entire movie - except the ending, which usually has something shocking like someone getting killed.

Gangsters that are aware of an informant in their mob yet never heap extra suspicion on the newest guy (bonus points if the new guy was "expelled" from police academy).

My most hated cliche would have to be that it always seems as if the "good" people always win whenever their's battles between good and evil.. is that bad? lol

Any computer can be hacked into in seconds.

This is usually accomplished by rapidly typing basic code.

C://1234...there, I'm in!

Welcome to the human race...
Computers in movies use e-mail and instant messaging programs the likes of which have never been seen in real life. The same can also be applied to virtually anything that appears on a monitor.

People are immediately mowed down by a car, truck, or bus if they don't look both ways.

The main character is seriously wounded in the big showdown, film fades to black, and when the picture comes back the main character is in a hospital room.

In war movies: the nicest guy almost always dies. I can't even think of an exception.

Anatomically impossible sex positions. Underworld: Evolution I'm looking at you.

The big twist is the main character has imagined the whole thing.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
Guys always put on underpants or pants straight after sex.

hahahahahahaha... you totally forgot that the girls just lay there wrapped up in a sheet and not moving~~

A system of cells interlinked
Guys always put on underpants or pants straight after sex.
I totally do this. I have to have my boxers or I am afraid there will be some horrible incident with the cat, who is already worked up after being kicked off the bed repeatedly.

I feel completely naked without my boxers...

Oh...

• Damsel stumbles and falls whilst running away from the bogeyman/men (extremely annoying).
  • Same damsel makes it to car that won't start.
  • Lone woman suspecting she has an intruder slowly tip toes round her apartment in the dark whilst nervously saying 'hello? I know someone's there'.
  • Same woman thinks intruder is behind a closet door but on yanking it open a startled cat shrieks and bolts out.

You forgot to mention the fact that the damsel only shops at Victoria Secret and 99% of the time, that is all she ever wears in those scenes...

People are immediately mowed down by a car, truck, or bus if they don't look both ways.
And there is no other way to run except directly in front of a moving car/truck/bus... and most of the time they can outrun the car/truck/bus...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)