The King's reviews

→ in
Tools    

Registered Creature
Correct me if I'm wrong (haven't seen it in a while myself either), but how come that brunette chick kept on making out with the whole lot of them? It kinda confused me, lol.

FAIL! That's probably one of the most scariest movies I've actually seen, that's probably one of the best horror movies.
One of the best? Hardly. Good? Yes.

I personally wasn't scared by it (pun unintended), but I can see why others would be.

The King of Movies
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

I love this film. It is probally the funnest movie i have ever seen. Not the funniest but the funnest.

FBDO is about a kid called Ferris Bueller (played by Matt Broderick), who takes a day off from school (creative title, huh?) . The movie then follows him, his girl friend and his best friend Cammeron around for the day in down town Cicago.

The movie has heaps of funny momments and sucks you into watching from the start. Even though the movie was made over 20 years ago some asspects of it still remind me of days i take days off.

A funny bit for me was the cameo with Charlie Sheen. The first time i ever saw this film i didn't know who he was but now that i reconised him i thought it was funny.

Anyway this movie is very fun and i give it 4 stars out of 5.

A funny bit for me was the cameo with Charlie Sheen. The first time i ever saw this film i didn't know who he was but now that i reconised him i thought it was funny.
With the exception of Red Dawn (which I love) I don't think anyone else knew who Charlie Sheen was at the time either. He certainly wasn't a big star, that came a year or two later with Platoon.

The King of Movies
Rambo 4

The sequal to the crap Rambo 3 comes like 20 years latter. Was it worth the wait? Hell yes.

Rambo 4 is the best in the series (2 comes second). R4 is pretty much action packed gore and violence mixed with some actuall drama.

If you want a action packed gore fest with Stalone running around killing random soilders trying to save a couple of Americans, this movie is for you.

I loved this movie and i give it 4.5 stars out of 5. This movie is a mans movie.

T2

This sequal to the good original is an awesome movie. The best in the Terminator series, T2 has fantastic perormances from Swazernager and Robert Patrick but a crappy one from American History X's Edward Furlog. Any way this movie was still good.

This movie IMO, made Swazernager into the ultra movie hero and gave Robert Patrick his big break.

This movie is a "cool" movie and i give it 4 stars out of 5.

The King of Movies
Dying Breed

This Aussie horror gore flick staring Nathan Philips (the witness guy from Snakes on a Plane) is about a group of cannible inbreds running around killing a group of people in the woods of Tasmania. A clearly origanal concept.

The movie had some pretty gory scenes (look at the poster) that were pretty shocking (a guy got his head caught in a bear trap!). But it was pretty slow. Some bits of it made no sense at all (a charicter commits suicide near the end, which makes no sense at all).

To sum up this movie i would say it is the Australian verson of Wrong Turn mixed with a confusing back story.

A pretty fun movie if you want some good old gore i give this movie 3 stars out of 5.

Registered Creature
I thought Rambo 4 was rubbish. It was a real let-down for me.

But, your reviews.

The King of Movies
Fast and the Furious 3

The third film in the series, was the first one i ever saw. FF3 is a pretty good action movie with a ***** load of cliches and a predictable ending, but it was still fun.

There is plently of car racing action in this film as it follows some redneck kid from some redneck town going to Japan because he got into some trouble back in the USA. The movie builds this kid (forgot the charicters name sorry) up as some awesome kick ass can take a plane down with his bare hands type charicter but fails to do so because he sounds exactly like Forest Gump. I mean all the dialog comming from this kid was just like listing to Forest Gump saying cliched action quotes.

Any way this movie is pretty much the car verson of the awesome fighting movie Never Back Down. When i mean that, im not joking this movie follows the same guidlines as Never Back Down. Which is:

spoiler bellow for Never Back Down and FF3 - but you can predict the ending any way at the start of both films lol

FF = RED Never Back Down = BLUE

New kid in town who is into racing - fighting
Turns out the whole school is into racing - fighting
Kid challenges the leader of the jock kids that every one is scared of but wants to be friends with who are good as at racing - fighting
to a race - fight
Kid gets beaten by the leader of the jock kids in a race - fight but some how falls in love with leader kid's love intrest.
After heaps of other cliches the leader dude has one final race - fight and the good guy wins and falls in love with the leader kids girlf friend.

I must add though that im not acusing FF3 of stealing NBD's plot as FF3 was realsed first.

Anyway this movie other been cliched was pretty awesome. I give it 3/5 stars.

Registered Creature
Yuh-huh.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what Jaws did for the water, IT did for clowns.

Tim Curry is great in his role and is indeed scary. The film deserves more then a 0.
It's an interesting question: were clowns creepy before IT?

I didn't think IT was all that good. I watched it just after reading the book and I was wondering how they were going to put some of the freakier stuff on screen and guess what? They just cut it out. Some of the flaws of the film are flaws of the book (the big confrontation with IT is just plain silly, as is the whole magic bicycle bit). But some are unique to the film - poor acting and unconvincing effects. BUT I don't know how anyone can say that clown is not scary. I agree that Tim Curry did a good job, although he may well be the only adult in the film that did.

The King of Movies
Sex Drive

This classic road trip movie is awesome. It is about a high school senior who goes on a cross-country road trip to hook up with a girl he met online.

The movie is pretty much a mix between Juno and Roadtrip. The film is pretty funny and also has a good plot. I think this was the first road trip movie in a while which was good. I highly recemend this film if you like road trip movies. The only probelm though was that some of it was a bit predictable.

I give it 4/5.

If ever there was a poster/title combo that guarenteed that I didn't see a film, I think that's it.... Even when I was the age of the target audience I don't think I'd have bothered with that.

The King of Movies
If ever there was a poster/title combo that guarenteed that I didn't see a film, I think that's it.... Even when I was the age of the target audience I don't think I'd have bothered with that.
yeah the poster does look crap.

The King of Movies
A quick review here

Liar Lair

- Comedy staring Jim Carry

- Not that funny. Just because Jim Carry makes stupid faces does not make something funny.

- Crappy acting from the kid in it.

- Still a bit fun overall

- Good plot

- I give it 3/5.

The King of Movies
Donnie Darko

Dam this movie is weird. Weird in not a bad way nor in a good way. Weird in a way that if you watch this film you will contract a brain tumor because it is so confusing and just plain f'd.

The film has some intresting factors in it such as the idea of time wraps and such. But the way it is deliverd is confusing so it kinda makes the point of it worthless.

Some how it kept me to watch the whole film. Normally if im confused by a movie i would stop watching it.

If you ever wanted a movie that makes you not aware of anything that is going on, then watch this movie. If not, then stick to Never Back Down. I give it 3/5.

Registered Creature
It's a very thought-provoking film. The answers aren't simply handed to you, pretty much everything is open to interpretation. But that's what I like about it.