The King's reviews

→ in
Tools    

The King of Movies
Stephen King's IT

It is this simple, IT is the worst movie i have ever watched. This poor exuse of a movie failed to get any emotion out of me other than bordom and depression (half way through i was considering ending my life, the movie was so crap).

The movie follows a group of friends battling IT ("something" that can take form as any being) who they killed in their childhood but some how came back to life about 20 years later.

The effects were crap, the acting was crap and event the villan was crap. This movie goes to my list of horror movies that looked good, scary and awesome but turned out to be piles of crap.

Please for the love of god don't see IT. I give this movie zero stars out of 5.

Registered Creature
Oh, I HATED It. Infact I dislike most Stephen King movies (except for The Stand, which is my favourite). I didn't have high expectations for It though in the first place.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
come on you must have liked it when it first came out at least?
I remember seeing Godzilla when it was first in theaters. Oh, I was so excited. The trailers hadn't shown the monster, so there was this anticipation, "What's he going to look like?" and I figured with modern special effects, as much as I loved and still do love the old kaiju man in suit effects of the original series, I was sure I'd be seeing one epic monster throwdown. And then the lights went down...

Godzilla was just re-using the animation that made Jurassic Park's T-Rex so scary. Most of the destruction is off screen to save money on the budget. There's jokes that aren't funny, Godzilla all but humps the empire state building, he never uses his fire breath onscreen, then...he goes away. For an HOUR. and we're left with Ferris Bueller and Apu Nahasapeemapetilon. Who I don't care about. And then they find the egg chamber from Aliens and a bunch of velociraptor...oh wait...Baby Godzillas. By the end when the big Godzilla shows up (or let's call him GINO. Godzilla In Name Only) I just didn't care. That was two hours, ten bucks, and at least a hundred dead brain cells I'd never get back.

"Why," I cried to the movie gods, "Why did I waste my time on this rancid piece of garbage?"

"The trailer looked awesome..." they replied.

Godzilla was one of the most bitter movie going experiences of my life.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The King of Movies
Stranger than Fiction

This movie staring Will Ferral, Dustin Hoffemen, Maggie Gyllennhaal and Queen Latifa is a strange movie to say the least. It is about a guy called Harold Crick (played by Will Ferral) who lives a normall life until a famouse writter called something Eiffel (played by Emma Thompson) starts writing a fictional novel that happens to physicly controll Crick's life.Thats all well and good but the thing about Eiffel is that all her stories end with the main charicter dyeing, so this leaves Crick trying to put the pecies together and find Eiffel before she accidently kills him.

The movie is mediocore to say the least. I didn't hate it, but i didn't like it either. Dustin Hoffemen is awesome in it and it was "diffrent" to see Will Ferral play a seriouse roll. He managed it good though.

Overall this movie is not for all people as many people will get bored watching it. For me as i said before it wasn't bad, but if you are in the mood to be fully entertained with out much thinking in the process this movie is not for you.

I give it 2 and a half stars out of 5.

Harold and Kumar 2

This sequal to the awesome original is about Harold and Kumar trying to make it to Texas to interrupt Kumar's ex-girl friends wedding while hidding from the CIA as well. I won't go into the plot to much as i don't want to wreck it.

This movie is kick ass to say the least. It is funny, entertaining, has a good plot and has Neil Pattrick mother fuc#ing Harris in it!

There were alot of funny scenes in this movie and i think some how this one was just a bit better than the orig. The laughs in this movie kept comming and there are plenty of quotes you can remember and say to your friends for a cheap two second laugh you can get from them (why else to we watch movies).

I give this movie 4 stars out of 5.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really wanna see Harold and Kumar 2 I loved the first one nice review King!

The King of Movies
Die Hard

This was the first time i had ever seen Die Hard. I don't know why i just never got around to watching it.

Great movie to say the least. Good action and there were some funny quotes in it. There is no real need to explain the plot as i assume most people reading this have seen the movie already.

Die Hard is now one of my faverote action films. The movie never slows down and always keeps you on your feet. The acting isn't that good, but i didn't watch Die Hard for the acting. The massive Hollywood explosions were cliched to the max but they were still awesome. Infact the only criticsim i give to this movie, is the title of it. Die Hard? WTF how can you die hard??? I guess it kinda just hits you in the face a bit. If there was any movie title that would be on steroids it would be Die Hard.

Anyway besides from the dumb title, this movie was awesome. I give it 4.5 stars out of 5.

Stephen King's IT

It is this simple, IT is the worst movie i have ever watched. This poor exuse of a movie failed to get any emotion out of me other than bordom and depression (half way through i was considering ending my life, the movie was so crap).

The movie follows a group of friends battling IT ("something" that can take form as any being) who they killed in their childhood but some how came back to life about 20 years later.

The effects were crap, the acting was crap and event the villan was crap. This movie goes to my list of horror movies that looked good, scary and awesome but turned out to be piles of crap.

Please for the love of god don't see IT. I give this movie zero stars out of 5.
FAIL! That's probably one of the most scariest movies I've actually seen, that's probably one of the best horror movies.

You joking dude? I just couldn't get scared by it.
If you saw it when you were 5 like I did you would.

Registered Creature
I saw It when I was around seven. I didn't get any nightmares.

The only horror movie I recall getting really terrified by when I was a kid was Dawn of the Dead (1978). That mall scene when the zombies broke in and started feeding on the bikers = nightmare for weeks.

ohhh i thought you ment you got scared by it recently.

How come you like it though?
Because it's a good movie, it's been a while since I've watched it though, so I'd have to rewatch it before I'm sure of what I think of it completely.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I love it, and Pennywise is a great villain, how you can say otherwise is a mystery to me.

Suspect's Reviews

The movie was a joke. Pennywise was not scary nor were the effects.
I watched it again earlier this year and Pennywise still creeped me out. Scary arse antagonist right there.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what Jaws did for the water, IT did for clowns.

Tim Curry is great in his role and is indeed scary. The film deserves more then a 0.