Recommendations....

Tools    

The King of Movies
Alright - I NEED some new recemendations (Sat,13th December 2008).

After seeing Pulp Fiction i'm now intrested in movies that have have non-linear story lines.

eg.the real life time of a movie could be some were in the middle while the end of it could be at the start.

Pos rep to any one who comes up with some.

NOTE: If the fact that movie is non-linear is an actuall spoiler about the movie - DO NOT POST IT

Thanks

if you can with stand the first 20 mins (which are very annoying) and the fact its subtitles the film frontieres http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814685/ turns out to be a full on slasher fest and deff worth a watch... if not the The Hamiltons http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443527/ is a different take on Horror, its not as bad as its IMDB rating. if none of these take your fancy then maybe Shrooms. Havnt seen it but it sure sound like one hell of a trip! (actually it looks really really bad)!!!! If you havnt already seen them the Rob Zombie films (devil's rejects & house of a 1000 corpses) are both good and very popular....

I can't recommed "Switchblade Romance" ("High Tension") as I was so disapointed with that film. It had such a reputation, especially on the horror festival circuit, but it really let me down. My biggest problem was the end of the film, which I really didn't like and didn't think worked at all. I felt similarly about "Wolf Creek", which had a similar buzz about it. That said, both have very good reputations, so while I wouldn't recommed them personally, it seems that they do have something that appeals to a lot of people who love horror, so maybe you'll like them.

I think it depends on what you can get a hold of and how bad (or maybe that should be professional) you like your horror films. I liked the remakes of The Hills Have Eyes and Dawn Of The Dead, Final Destination is fun, (though the sequels are only for the fans really) The Descent is good and then there's always Dog Soldiers. I like Hide & Seek and Cherry Falls, but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

Originally Posted by TOPIC TITLE
Recemendations....
I recommend you broaden your cinematic taste beyond slasher flicks. And I recommend that you learn how to spell "recommendations".

w♥v,
Holden
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
check out Otis...I think you will enjoy and check out Feast. Both movies are great.

The King of Movies
I recommend you broaden your cinematic taste beyond slasher flicks. And I recommend that you learn how to spell "recommendations".

w♥v,
Holden

Will do.

Sorry, but it seems unlikely kiddo.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Have you seen Hills have eyes 1 and 2 they are great, also 30 days of night is also a fangtastic film lol

The King of Movies
Have you seen Hills have eyes 1 and 2 they are great, also 30 days of night is also a fangtastic film lol
Yeah the Hills Have Eyes 1 and 2 are both good. 30 Days of night i just couldn't get into. I guess because when i was watching it i was real tired.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im trying to think of some films that have awesome plot that you may not have seen. Anyway here is some films that I think you will enjoy and you may not have seen.

Friday,
Next Friday,
Friday after next,
Three Fugertives,
Hide and seek,
Lock stock and to smoking barrels,
Snatch,
Layer cake,
Catch me if you can,
Blue Streak,
A man apart,
Man on fire,
Collaterol,
Twin Town, (is hilarious if you havent seen this.)
Frequency,
Schindlers list.

Try them man.

The King of Movies
Im trying to think of some films that have awesome plot that you may not have seen. Anyway here is some films that I think you will enjoy and you may not have seen.

Friday,
Next Friday,
Friday after next,
Three Fugertives,
Hide and seek,
Lock stock and to smoking barrels,
Snatch,
Layer cake,
Catch me if you can,
Blue Streak,
A man apart,
Man on fire,
Collaterol,
Twin Town, (is hilarious if you havent seen this.)
Frequency,
Schindlers list.

Try them man.
Thanks dude.

Registered Creature
Ghost in the Shell. Sci-fi thriller. Very different to what you usually watch, looking at your favourite movies. (It's anime, BTW. But don't underestimate it. ).

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I have been getting into films that have a real good plot and that when you hear about them you say to your self, wow thats one f##king awesome plot. Movies such as Groundhog Day and The Truman show.
Ok, you've probably seen these, but freaky plots/concepts...

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Memento
Being John Malkovich
Spirited Away
Fight Club
Donnie Darko
Open Your Eyes
Oldboy

Slightly in the horror vein but definitely not slasher films. worth watching...

Innocence
Pan's Labyrinth
The Devil's Backbone
Battle Royale

Or just for fun...

Go
The Crow
Grosse Pointe Blank

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Rush hour 1-3
Gothika
Halloween Uncut (I think we have talked about this but im not sure? lol)
Day of the dead
Night of the living dead
Robin hood men in tights
I also agree with Thursday Next - The Crow is a awesome film.

these are some of my favorit moives:
the new incdabile hulk it just came out today.
Ironman
Back to the futuer trilogy their all great moives.
indain jones moives all of them
A goofy moive
Sword in the stone
the rockteer
the first kid
camp nowhere
Hook
Frquency
Batman begins
Ghost busters
mask of zorro

The King of Movies
Rush hour 1-3
Gothika
Halloween Uncut (I think we have talked about this but im not sure? lol)
Day of the dead
Night of the living dead
Robin hood men in tights
I also agree with Thursday Next - The Crow is a awesome film.
Thanks

Alright - I NEED some new [recommendations] (Tues, November 18th 2008).

At the moment [I'm] [really] into movies that are about time and time [warps] or time portals or time movies in [general]. A good example is a movie like [Groundhog Day].
Wait a second: you edited your first post and changed what you were looking for from slasher flicks to time travel? Why wouldn't you just add another post to the thread rather than edit the original? And still no clue how to spell recommendations, huh?

Anyway....

These are all time travel flicks:

Back to the Future trilogy
The Terminator quartet
Time Bandits
12 Monkeys
La Jetée
12:01
Frequency
Donnie Darko
Army of Darkness
Slaughterhouse-Five
Time After Time
The Time Machine (1960 & 2002)
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: First Contact
The Philadelphia Experiment
The Final Countdown
Timecop
Freejack
Déjà Vu
The Jacket
Idiocracy
Trancers series
Just Visiting
Kate & Leopold
Peggy Sue Got Married
Somewhere in Time
The Butterfly Effect
Groundhog Day

Well, unsurprisingly Holden listed ones that i had on top my head. Also check out Thursday's, she given some good titles.

Holden, Terminator quartet? Is the fourth entry the upcoming film or TV series?

Put me in your pocket...
Wait a second: you edited your first post and changed what you were looking for from slasher flicks to time travel? Why wouldn't you just add another post to the thread rather than edit the original? And still no clue how to spell recommendations, huh?
Well that explains it. I was wondering why most everyone was listing slasher or horror flicks.

Nice list as usual Holden.

I'd also like to add...
The Forbidden Kingdom and
Millennium Actress (although this is more of a jumping back into someone's memories).

Edit: I almost forgot about...

Pleasantville

IF YOU like groundhog day. you might check out freaky firday. get the first moive not the remake. if you looking for timetravel get back to the futuer all three moives, my scnice project and Daister in time. lost in space and master of the univser are time travel moives. master of the univser is old he-man moive.