I hate Adam Sandler

Tools    

I kinda like him. My favorite comedic role by him has to be Happy Gilmore, but where he really blew me away with his acting was in Reign Over Me.
I totally agree with you. I thought he was great in Reign Over Me and I can't wait for more dramatic roles from him. I thought he was good in Punch Drunk Love as well. I do admit though his comedy just isn't for me, with the exception of Big Daddy. Even some of that is horrible.

I usually try as hard as I can to stay away from "hating" stuff like specific movie genres or particular actors or actresses, in that I feel I might end up missing out on a good film b'cuz of any negative preconceived notions.
However, for awhile there, Mr. Sandler really put this practice to a test for me.
Finally, Punch-Drunk Love came out, & not only was it an Adam Sandler flick that I could admit to liking, but also, it turned out to be one of my favorite modern romance films in long time.
Now he hasn't put too much out there since that has come close to my like for that film, but some of his not-so-Sandlerish movie-role choices give me hope that another flick with his name on it might come out that will provide me with a similiar kind of satisfaction that P-D Love had.

I think all the Sandler haters agree that Punch Drunk Love is the only real film in which he is a decent performer. Which he is, and as a Sandler hater I agree. I think with Funny People and Spanglish there was an attempt to bring out a similar performance in him, but it didn't quite work, he didn't have Paul Thomas Anderson there to keep him in check and therefore resorted to some of his old "tricks".

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I think with Funny People and Spanglish there was an attempt to bring out a similar performance in him, but it didn't quite work, he didn't have Paul Thomas Anderson there to keep him in check and therefore resorted to some of his old "tricks".
I liked Funny People. I know Sandler didn't have much of a stretch to play this role, but there were moments when Sandler seemed like a real human being capable of real human emotions. With Sandler I'm not sure if that was good acting, or letting himself show through. It doesn't hold a candle to Punch-Drunk Love, but it was the second time I've seen Sandler remotely likeable.

I hated Spanglish, but then I *really* hate Tea Leoni.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I really enjoy Sandler. His comedy is funny to me, I get it. But I've got to say my favorite two are Reign Over Me (his more serious role) and then Click.

I liked Funny People. I know Sandler didn't have much of a stretch to play this role, but there were moments when Sandler seemed like a real human being capable of real human emotions.
LOL... I believe the phrase I'm looking for is "damning with faint praise."

I don't hate nor love Adam Sandler. To me it's not that bad and he's not the best, although I do like some of his films like: The Wedding Boy, Wedding Crashers, and a few more that don't come to mind now. I really hate Will Farrell for some reason, he really annoys me. Steve Carrell is funny and I like him a lot!

I don't hate nor love Adam Sandler. To me it's not that bad and he's not the best, although I do like some of his films like: The Wedding Boy, Wedding Crashers,
Don't you mean the Wedding Singer or The Waterboy he wasn't in the Wedding crashers

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Aside from Happy Gilmore, He has sold out. He isn't funny nor likeable. The fact that still generates money surprises me.
How is Adam Sandler a sell out? It's not like he was ever a serious actor and compromised his integrity to make goofball comedies for a high paycheck. He's doing now what he's always done.

Adam Sandler is not my favorite actor but I can take him in small doses. In my opinion his three best films were Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy and Big Daddy.

I am not a big fan of Adam Sandler either but I am not a hater for sure. Waterboy was the first movie I saw of his and it was a pretty good act honestly. The bedtime stories was ok at times and too boring at the other times.