The difference between a Movie Star and an Actor.

Tools    

Banned from Hollywood.
Um... Actor? Really? Movie star, definately, but I don't really remember any acting going on.

Try the name of the rose,the untouchables, the man who would be king, as well as lots of other 70s movies he's played in..but then again I doubt those will change your mind, since you don't consider him an actor.

Making a difference
Colin Farrell, Mark Walhberg and Keenu Reeves are definitely movie stars, or could this be wrong?

Try the name of the rose,the untouchables, the man who would be king, as well as lots of other 70s movies he's played in..but then again I doubt those will change your mind, since you don't consider him an actor.
I've seen those and, you're right, they don't change my mind. I haven't seen The Man Who Would Be King since I was a kid though, so I can't really include that one. As for the other two, I didn't think my of The Name Of The Rose and I certainly wasn't impressed with Connery and as for The Untouchables... We need one of those smilies where the head explodes for me to more accurately convey my thoughts about his performance in that film. And that's without thinking about the 'accent' he uses in the film.

I dunno I don't think we're gonna sell out today, man. I would say that Depp is more 'movie star' than 'actor', but only JUST. People call him versatile and the like, but he always seems to use the same quirky approach to most of the characters he has portrayed to the point where you can almost spot a certain role and think 'Depp should have played so and so'. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think that Depp is as versatile as most people believe.

Have you seen Public Enemies yet?

as far as talent, since I don't really judge by film as there can be brilliant actors in films that don't quite require them to show their range, I'll say...Liz Taylor was a star...I just don't see where her acting was...she was strikingly beautiful though.

there seems to be a bit of movie snobbery in this thread though...

Banned from Hollywood.
...Liz Taylor was a star...I just don't see where her acting was...

Same here...i never got all the noise about her..yeah beautiful and all..but that doesnt make her an actress in my eyes..cant believe she's an oscar winner..

i am expecting a lot of negative feedback, especially from all the WHo's afraid of virginia wolf fans but , i am sorry...i never liked her