Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

JUST MERCY
(2020)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Blow (2001)

I watched this from multiple friend recommendations on account of my saying that Ive never loved anything Johnny Depp is in. I did enjoy this movie a lot, albeit not because of Depp. I think the movie works with a lot of other actors. Good storytelling of a drug dealer story, though not the pinnacle.

Under the Skin (2013)

Nicely shot thriller/horror. I did think I'd not really get into this but, thanks to Johansson's performance (very sensual) and some well timed black humour I found it worked very well....still pretty clueless as to what it was all about though

Thankfully I'm originally from Glasgow so was retraining on the more "vernacular"

Is it that bad, that you forgot a rating???

Is it that bad, that you forgot a rating???
IF the poster size used has anything to do with it I'd say it was at least a 9/10. That's a big "if" though, there may be absolutely no correlation between the size and the rating after all

The Report (2019) - 7.5/10. I was ignoring this movie coz it was an Amazon Original . Not a huge fan of any of the stuff they make other than one season of Lore. But this was very nice. Not gripping as in nail-biting. But kinda makes you wonder how everything led to this. The movie pulls no punches when it comes to the names, location etc. It is like taking a Tommy Gun to the Bush presidency and the CIA administration of the time. Good stuff. Recommended!

Adam Driver is fantastic, so is Annette Bening with a calm and collected portrayal of a senator!

IF the poster size used has anything to do with it I'd say it was at least a 9/10. That's a big "if" though, there may be absolutely no correlation between the size and the rating after all

I am guessing the poster is from IMDB. Their images are huge!

I am guessing the poster is from IMDB. Their images are huge!
Could just as easily be a 3/10 or less then

I saw it when it was released. It was a drab affair! Some movies should never be touched.

I've no interest in seeing any of the Gisnep 'live action' remakes tbh.

I went for the hoopla, not doing it again!

Joker (2019)

+

I was looking forward to this and it did not disappoint. My wife and I laughed a lot and I thought it was the funniest movie since The Hangover. Great decision to make it dark and Phoenix was on target. It's rare that a movie ends and I think immediately that there must be a sequel but there's no doubt about it.

Rewatches again...

Jurassic World (2015)

Not as bad as Jurassic Park III but not much better either. Dinos look better than ever though. Script recycles too much from the previous films (like the mandatory raptors and T-rex coming to rescue). It's also pretty preachy (I wish they'd make films like this for the fun instead of the message).

--

Spasms (1983)

If I'd agree to a term guilty pleasure this would be one of mine. One of the rare films that actually scared me as a kid. Stacked cast for B-horror (Peter Fonda and Oliver Reed) and it smartly avoids showing the snake as much as possible. Those bloated snake bites are positively gross and rather well made too. It's silly and campy but I still like it. One of the forgotten gems.

Hello! Last time I watched the movie "Escape Room". I really liked it. I love movies in a similar genre. I'll put him 9/10