0%
0 votes
Spider-Man Far From Home
42.50%
17 votes
other
40 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Boldly going.
I don't know how long these polls remain open but I still need to see quite a few films to cast a meaningful vote.
It doesn't close.
However, I probably should have asked "What movie did you see in the theater in 2019 that you liked the best"? (Not including retro movies).
Another thing to consider is: if you didn't see it in 2019, how badly did you really want to see it?

The truth is in here
screw you...Ford v ferrari >>>> all the movies on this list combined...what an insecure question.
I liked Ford v. Ferrari too, but you always gotta be such a douche about your opinions! He forgot one movie you liked, big deal. I would've liked to see Jojo Rabbit or Portrait Of Lady On Fire in the poll, but I don't make a big fuss about it.

Or Marriage Story.
Yeah that too, or probably even more so. Just was trying to substitute an animation for an animation!

Instead of just mentioning my favorite movie of 2019 I'll just kinda show off my rankings in general.

Favorite movies of 2019
Portrait Of A Lady On Fire
(One of the best romance stories I've ever seen)
Jojo Rabbit

The Irishman

Parasite

Most underrated movies of 2019
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
(In terms of Tarantino at least, just like The Hateful Eight it's one of his more divisive works)
Ad Astra

Long Shot
(Purely for Seth Rogen fans)

Horror can still rock sometimes
Doctor Sleep

Us
(Unpopular opinion: I prefer it over Get Out.)
Midsommar
(It doesn't have the best last act, but is a very intriguing watch)

Most unremarkable movie of 2019
Last Christmas
(It's okay, I guess... Cheesy and unbelievable at points, but passable)

Worst movie of 2019
It: Chapter Two
(This brings out the cynic in me again when it comes to modern horror)
once upon a time in underrated ? i think its overrated....if it doesnt have tarantino name on it...the movie would be shred to pieces by critics.

If I had to pick from Hollywood, it will be Jojo Rabbit, i am watching Ford vs. Ferrari now, let's see if it can change my mind.

None of the above. Alita was best among those I watched.

Second best, hum, hard choice. I guess I enjoyed Avengers Endgame more than Toy Story 4, Parasite, and Joker.

My ratings for the relatively few 2019 movies I already watched:

1) Alita: Battle Angel - 9.5/10 (Excellent cyberpunk action despite its numerous flaws as it shove too much plot into too little time)
2) Avengers Endgame - 8.5/10 (Really polished blockbuster movie, nothing wrong with it although a bit plain it did exactly what it tried to do so it was almost flawless IMO)
3) Parasyte - 8/10 (Nice, entertaining movie overall)
4) Joker - 8/10 (gave 9.5/10 earlier but on a more sober evaluation it was a good movie but not a truly great movie)
5) Toy Story 4 - 8/10 (a really well-made movie)

6) Wandering Earth - 6.5/10 (rather an average movie, nice to see, however, how a major Chinese science fiction blockbuster looks like)
7) Captain Marvel - 6/10 (the definition of an average blockbuster movie)
8) Terminator Dark Fate - 6/10 Best of these "new" terminator movies, still quite mediocre

9) Maleficent: Mistress of Evil - 5.5/10 (super mediocre stuff)
10) Rise of Skywalker - 5/10 (really bland crappy film, probably the worst major Star Wars movie ever made)
11) Pokemon Detective Pikachu - 4.5/10 (meh)

12) Bacurau - 4/10 (one of the first Brazilian science fiction movies, its basically a Marxist version of Road Warrior, suffers a lot from its heavy-handed ideology)
13) The Irishman - 3.5/10 (a boring outdated movie that consists of genre self-parody, the people who made this should retire)

Overall, from the few movies I watched, it was a good year.

None of the above. Alita was best among those I watched.

Second best, hum, hard choice. I guess I enjoyed Avengers Endgame more than Toy Story 4, Parasite, and Joker.

My ratings for the relatively few 2019 movies I already watched:

1) Alita: Battle Angel - 9.5/10 (Excellent cyberpunk action despite its numerous flaws as it shove too much plot into too little time)
2) Avengers Endgame - 8.5/10 (Really polished blockbuster movie, nothing wrong with it although a bit plain it did exactly what it tried to do so it was almost flawless IMO)
3) Parasyte - 8/10 (Nice, entertaining movie overall)
4) Joker - 8/10 (gave 9.5/10 earlier but on a more sober evaluation it was a good movie but not a truly great movie)
5) Toy Story 4 - 8/10 (a really well-made movie)

6) Wandering Earth - 6.5/10 (rather an average movie, nice to see, however, how a major Chinese science fiction blockbuster looks like)
7) Captain Marvel - 6/10 (the definition of an average blockbuster movie)
8) Terminator Dark Fate - 6/10 Best of these "new" terminator movies, still quite mediocre

9) Maleficent: Mistress of Evil - 5.5/10 (super mediocre stuff)
10) Rise of Skywalker - 5/10 (really bland crappy film, probably the worst major Star Wars movie ever made)
11) Pokemon Detective Pikachu - 4.5/10 (meh)

12) Bacurau - 4/10 (one of the first Brazilian science fiction movies, its basically a Marxist version of Road Warrior, suffers a lot from its heavy-handed ideology)
13) The Irishman - 3.5/10 (a boring outdated movie that consists of genre self-parody, the people who made this should retire)

Overall, from the few movies I watched, it was a good year.
Very surprised Irishman is your least favorite of the year. It’s in my top 3 and I thought it was excellent.

We can at least agree than soundtrack, cinematography, and acting is excellent?

Finished Ford v Ferrari, JoJo Rabbit is still my fav!

I still have much to see.

:
Marriage story - simply the solidus movie so far.
The last black man from san Fransisco - quiet beatiful of a story. idk if worth the same for a rewatch but im in awe the first time.
Ad astra - quiet overlooked i believe
The lighthouse - i still bothered by the ending shot, but it didn't blow the movie big

:
The irishman - this as far as the old formula can goes.
Parasite - the final act is a bit let down
Once upon a time in h - i dont think it really need the distracting sharon tate side arc. It could be a solid buddies of leo and brad and their (mis)adventure in the industry.

:
Joker - it's basically joaquin solo tour de force. not a big deal of a movie.

Worst movie i seen probably it was Us. just a terrible nonsense.

Very surprised Irishman is your least favorite of the year. It’s in my top 3 and I thought it was excellent.

We can at least agree than soundtrack, cinematography, and acting is excellent?
Thing is that I don't like the genre of the movie.

Thing is that I don't like the genre of the movie.
The first half was crime-ish, and then it becomes a meditation on faith/religion.... I wouldn't really call it a genre I guess.

The truth is in here
What makes The Irishman work so well is that Martin Scorcese takes the familiar gangster formula and turns it into a kind of philosophical character study by the end. Unlike Goodfellas, Frank Sheeran doesn't distance himself from the crime business because he got caught, instead he does so because he feels haunted by his actions. He doesn't let the guilt spills his guts to the police, but it hurts to live with either way.

From what I have seen this year, considering the Oscar for Hollywood, my top 5 would be:
1. JoJo Rabbit
2. The Farewell.
3. The Joker
3. Ford Vs Ferrari
4. Knives Out.

With the Irishman and Lighthouse just outside. Off course this is just US movies. Otherwise Parasite would easily top the list. I am yet to see a meaty chunk, like, marriage story, dark waters, once upon a time in Hollywood and uncut gems. But I won't be done before the end of the month. I will come back to this later on and see if it changes.

I don’t understand how Endgame can be people’s favorites after Parasite, Irishman, Marriage Story, etc.

I mean it was a good movie, but certainly not the best of the year.

I don’t understand how Endgame can be people’s favorites after Parasite, Irishman, Marriage Story, etc.

You're assuming that the people voting for Avengers: Endgame have even seen those films. I haven't seen any of them including Endgame. I'll probably eventually get around to some of them, but I don't do superheroes.

Also, favorite is often not synonymous with best.

You're assuming that the people voting for Avengers: Endgame have even seen those films. I haven't seen any of them including Endgame. I'll probably eventually get around to some of them, but I don't do superheroes.

Also, favorite is often not synonymous with best.
Ok ok
(Hides in corner)

But idk, For me favorite is the same as best, because both are entirely subjective.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Of the movies I've seen, The Lighthouse would get my vote. I think 1917 has a good chance to overtake it though.

Currently, the best (aka my favorite - I agree with @ahwell for them being the same) is Bliss. Still, quite a few potential films left to see (Parasite, Knives Out, Once Upon a Time ...in Hollywood and Jojo Rabbit immediately come to mind).