Swiss detain Roman Polanski

Tools    

Semper Fooey
I agree with that. He is not going to be so cocky about where he travels in the future. He was never going to get a stiff senetence anyway. But he didn't get what he wanted, the case dismissed in the US without returning. So he has to worry about extradition charges being filed every time he leaves France. The charges won't disappear until he dies.

It must be awful having to live like that. I mean not being able to travel anywhere, but he gets what he deserves. He has escaped the law for many of years and he may have escaped it until he dies , but really he has built his own prison by not being able to travel anywhere without having the chance of being brought back to America again.

Random thoughts about Roman Polansky.

Wasn't he the husband of Sharon Tate? The murdered actress? I wonder if that screwed him up?

I don't know if he even knew her age, but 13 isn't even close to 18

He was the husband of Sharon Tate... but years ago when I was reading about the Tate/LaBianca murders... there was a considerable amount of evidence that pointed to the fact that Polanski was pretty screwed up way before his wife was murdered. He used to show nudie pictures of her and videos of them making love at his parties... and after she found some tapes of him with other women after they married, she had begun divorce proceedings but then found out she was pregnant and didn't go through with them...

Polanski called Tate a fat cow after she started showing... and when she was murdered he was off partying in England... and if memory serves, several of the females at the party were underage...

And yes, Polanski was well aware that his victim, Samantha Jane Gailey, was only 13 years old when he drugged, rapped, and sodomized her...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Is Samantha Jane Gailey still alive? If she is I image this whole proceeding disturbs her terribly. Some sort of justice should come out of this to help this womens mind be eased.

Just read she is alive and has two children of her own and lives in Hawaii. Polanski also compensated her with 140,000 pounds.

Just read she is alive and has two children of her own and lives in Hawaii. Polanski also compensated her with 140,000 pounds.

She sued him over 10 years after the rape in an attempt to make him compensate her for the years of counseling she had had to go through... and as I recall, he finally agreed to pay, but I don't think there is any record of him actually doing so...

~Loves a good classic movie~
I understand that Samantha Geimer would want to have this whole business over with. But, society needs to know that no amount of time can lesson such a wrong. Polanski raped and sodomized a 13 year old child. We, as a society, cannot keep condoning this kind of behavior by finding excuses to just let it go. We have religious pedophilia in this country that is swept under the rug. We have date rapes and women drugged and raped. And one of the reasons that these things go on is because not enough is being done to stop it and the sentences are not strong enough to deter it.

I don't care how much time has gone by or how talented that perv is. I not only want him to finish his sentence here, in this country, but I want a severe sentence given to him for running out. He has missed time in prison where he would have gotten as bad has he gave that child.

I understand that Samantha Geimer would want to have this whole business over with. But, society needs to know that no amount of time can lesson such a wrong. Polanski raped and sodomized a 13 year old child. We, as a society, cannot keep condoning this kind of behavior by finding excuses to just let it go. We have religious pedophilia in this country that is swept under the rug. We have date rapes and women drugged and raped. And one of the reasons that these things go on is because not enough is being done to stop it and the sentences are not strong enough to deter it.

I don't care how much time has gone by or how talented that perv is. I not only want him to finish his sentence here, in this country, but I want a severe sentence given to him for running out. He has missed time in prison where he would have gotten as bad has he gave that child.
This is so true, there is no amount of time or money that will ever give this woman rest over what happened to her. Something really needs to be done to bring Polanski to justice.

What I find interesting about this whole thing with, Roman Polanski, that many "thespians" come out and support him. If it was some "joe blow" they'd be asking for the electric chair. Actors...HA! Charlize Theron and many other Actors support PETA. PETA is just a militant group who on many occasions have caused more harm than good. Half of the time they don't know the facts.

The last people I listen to when looking to support a cause are Actors and Hollywood. I know I drifted from the subject, but, actors in the majority are full of s**t.

Oh, yeah! You see these beautiful actresses being spokespeople for cosmetic companies, than they're in some animal rights action group. "A lot of cosmetics are still tested on animals, especially in Europe"......shaking my head at the moment.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I completely agree with you. Actors are just as full of it as everybody else. It's just that Pop Culture doesn't care about you. Now, what are you going to do to change that so that we can see your dirty underwear hung out in public? Yes, there are people who still hang out clothes (no matter how embarrassing) to dry. Yes, there are at least a billion people who cannot even read! And I'm not talking about the ones who are under 10. Now, if that didn't screw this thread... oh wait, I shouldn't say "screw" in this thread.

Semper Fooey
I completely agree with you. Actors are just as full of it as everybody else. It's just that Pop Culture doesn't care about you. Now, what are you going to do to change that so that we can see your dirty underwear hung out in public? Yes, there are people who still hang out clothes (no matter how embarrassing) to dry. Yes, there are at least a billion people who cannot even read! And I'm not talking about the ones who are under 10. Now, if that didn't screw this thread... oh wait, I shouldn't say "screw" in this thread.
I was on this UK based board and they were going all crazy because Americans use driers. Apparently most Britons still hang their clothes out to dry and can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to do that.

Whether you understand it or not, it's completely accurate and written with proper spelling and grammar. HA! No, I'm a teacher, but I guess that does make me a thespian; at least if I'm any good... I mean a director had better be a good actor or he's/she's only half a director, right?

I was on this UK based board and they were going all crazy because Americans use driers. Apparently most Britons still hang their clothes out to dry and can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to do that.
How can they ever get their clothes dry since it rains practically everyday in the UK?

Sorry, Sir! Does my spelling and grammar make the grade, or should I look to other forms of communication?

I just wondered why you "didn't understand that at all". I'm not criticizing you for your English skills. I'm not criticizing you at all. Lots of people don't understand me, but sometimes a reread helps some people. Returning to the thread now.

How can they ever get their clothes dry since it rains practically everyday in the UK?

Well. I lied, but I honestly believe this thread is getting more interesting and personal now. it's very overcast and often damp, but if you put your clothes out just when the wind comes up just before the clouds get blown away, they'll probably be dry in an hour or two.

I'm no thespian: I like women. Oh...wait. Me confused.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra