MoFo Fantasy Football 2018 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Dallas shutting down the Saints' offense (and with it, Michael Thomas) really helps my chances. I've got mostly good matchups and 7th has some tough ones, so I'm feeling pretty optimistic about making the playoffs. I might be limping in a bit, but I don't need too much to go right to make a run: just need Philly to straighten something out (since that helps Wentz and Jeffrey simultaneously), and maybe just one of those backs to have a couple of good games. And McCoy's schedule the next few weeks makes him a prime candidate.

Been a wild season. Hope it lasts a bit longer.

I keep thinking back to week two when I dropped Mason Crosby for Jake Elliot shortly before kickoff for no damn reason. Elliot scored 3. Crosby scored 19. I lost by 2. To make matters worse, it was against The Empire, who sits one game above me in the standings. If I miss the playoffs, it'll be because of that one dumb move when I tweaked my roster just for the sake of tweaking it.

Feel a little better about my chances after Thursday. Zeke outscored his projections and I didn't make the mistake of starting Ingram, which I had flirted with doing up until kickoff. Going up against @Powdered Water, though, who just put up 151 points last week, and he has some good match-ups again this week. Perhaps more importantly, Iron City Chuggars is off to a poor start. We currently have the same record and I've scored less than 6 points than him on the season, so he could leapfrog me in the standings. Right now that's looking unlikely, but things changes in a hurry.

I'll be really disappointed if I miss the playoffs (which will be a first for me in this league), since I think this is the best team I've had in our league. This has been an extremely competitive season. Regardless of what happens this weekend, some really good teams are going to find themselves in the consolation bracket. Crossing my fingers that Censored Clowns isn't one of them.

Let the night air cool you off
So looking at the playoff situation, I need some things to happen for me to get in:

1. I have to win
2. At least two of the 7-5 teams have to lose
3. And I have to score more points than those two teams on the season (I think that's how it works, right?)

So it looks like I need Russell Wilson's War and 11 Angry Men to lose, as they are the two teams I've scored more than. It doesn't look great for me, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I keep thinking back to week two when I dropped Mason Crosby for Jake Elliot shortly before kickoff for no damn reason. Elliot scored 3. Crosby scored 19. I lost by 2. To make matters worse, it was against The Empire, who sits one game above me in the standings. If I miss the playoffs, it'll be because of that one dumb move when I tweaked my roster just for the sake of tweaking it.

Feel a little better about my chances after Thursday. Zeke outscored his projections and I didn't make the mistake of starting Ingram, which I had flirted with doing up until kickoff. Going up against @Powdered Water, though, who just put up 151 points last week, and he has some good match-ups again this week. Perhaps more importantly, Iron City Chuggars is off to a poor start. We currently have the same record and I've scored less than 6 points than him on the season, so he could leapfrog me in the standings. Right now that's looking unlikely, but things changes in a hurry.

I'll be really disappointed if I miss the playoffs (which will be a first for me in this league), since I think this is the best team I've had in our league. This has been an extremely competitive season. Regardless of what happens this weekend, some really good teams are going to find themselves in the consolation bracket. Crossing my fingers that Censored Clowns isn't one of them.
When you drafted in the middle of the pack I was doing some roster comparisons, I noticed how you ended up solid at every position and haven't been hit with the injury bug like most of us have. In my honest opinion you actually might be the team to beat.

For me to get in I've got to win, outscore PW by 60, plus he has to lose to you. I must be stupid because I feel optimistic

From a fantasy sports perspective It all started when Le'Veon Bell decided not to play football. Since that buggering of imbalancement in every fantasy football league worldwide there seems to be more injuries than I've ever seen before, and then they like rocked rosters to the bad with these dumbassed trades. Has any player done better since being traded to one of these new teams, any? This season feels like the sequel to The Year of Living Dangerously.

Yours was the roster that wasn't affected by Bell, injuries, or trades. So yeah, I got my eye on you mister

Ok I'm nervous now. Starting to second guess slotting in Chris Conley (Sammy Watkins replacement) over A-Rob, S Shepherd, or Tate. I chose Conley and Adam Humphries because KC and TB possess the best offenses in the NFL. Deciding to replace them with WRs from Chicago, a guy new to Philly, and the NY Giants seems unwise. Right now I'm psyching myself up to not tinker whatsoever.

Can't believe this is almost over already. What a close league this is as always. Gonna be pretty busy today so I will check back in after the dust settles.

Let the night air cool you off
The help I'm needing from the other teams isn't coming through just yet, but their QBs haven't played yet. I'm going to need Philip Rivers and Tom Brady to go off. Plz.

Doesn't look like I'll be getting the W, but I don't think it's going to cost me a playoff spot. Sucks to see 15 pts from Baltimore's defense on my bench. Sucks even more to see a doughnut from Vinatieri. Those damn kickers, man.

Andrew Luck gets completely shut down by the Jacksonville Jaguars and LeGarrette Blount went full Troll-mode gaining less than seven points.

Combined my kicker & defense score 35, Tarik Cohen has almost 30 pts and his game is going into overtime. Might still have a chance to beat Justin, but I don't feel confident it's going to be 60 more points than PW. Tough season.

Looks like I didn't need Kelce to be an absolute monster to survive, but he has been, so I'm in. EDIT: a little less so, pretty sure they're about to take back his third TD.

Mostly just gives me a chance to have the highest score for the first time this year, but TONGO and jiraffe are both projected around the same, against each other! Wow.

PW and Spaulding have both slowed considerably, but it's mostly been in lock-step. PW was starting to pull away, though...until Seattle returned an interception for a TD. Now Spaulding's projection is just slightly higher. It was dead even (within a point), but as I typed this Cousins through a meaningless INT on the last play of the game.

Still a lot of football left. Those last couple of spots are far from decided.

That pick six was huge for me. Then Cousins tossed an INT for PW. Maybe I get the win after all. I'm confident that Rivers outscores his projection tonight.

I was worried that The Empire was going to mess around and lose to Chuggars, but that's looking pretty unlikely now.

It does actually make me feel better when an optimal lineup wouldn't have made a difference.

Roughly needed 13 more points to make the playoffs. Didn't.

damn
I don't think so. As of now (though things can change), you have the same record as two other teams, which each have more than 40 points on you.