Derek Vinyard's Top 75 Horror movies !

→ in
Tools    

Yeah, watch Frozen, the Disney version.

hahahaha yeah you're right it's horrific

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Glad to see some under appreciated films here, like Club Dread.

Suspect's Reviews

Derek, haven't seen those last three but the gifs alone make me want to see them.
hell yeah man !! I recommand you Sinister !

Not seen the new My Bloody Valentine yet, but the original was pretty good. V/H/S is one of the best found-footage horrors;Hellraiser is a classic; Frailty is a great psychological thriller; Sinister is a hell of a good chiller;Frozen is mildly poo but good to watch whilst drunk; The Mist is amazing and Final Destination is just popcorn fun. All in all a sexy list so far. Keep them coming.

Not seen the new My Bloody Valentine yet, but the original was pretty good. V/H/S is one of the best found-footage horrors;Hellraiser is a classic; Frailty is a great psychological thriller; Sinister is a hell of a good chiller;Frozen is mildly poo but good to watch whilst drunk; The Mist is amazing and Final Destination is just popcorn fun. All in all a sexy list so far. Keep them coming.
hell yeah thanks man !

#57:

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose (2005) - Scott Derrickson

- Many hate it but for me I really appreciate it ! It's very entertaining and well done.

#56:

Silent Hill (2006) - Christophe Gans

- Slow and Calm but very creepy horror movie based on a video game.

#55:

As Above, So Below (2014) - John Erick Dowdle

- I like it for his awesome storyline with many details and nice ideas... but it's not very scary but still entertaining as hell.

[center]#72:

The Woman In Black (2012) - James Watkins

- Creepy flick with Nice acting by Radcliffe. I very appreciate it
This was a flick I recently recommended to Derek... Im glad you enjoyed it enough to make your top 75.

Derek, after looking over your list, I enjoyed a little of 1/3 of the films listed. Frailty is amazing... I have seen some of the more common theatrical horrors.

Derek, after looking over your list, I enjoyed a little of 1/3 of the films listed. Frailty is amazing... I have seen some of the more common theatrical horrors.
only 1/3 ?? :O

do I watch alot of American Horror? The 80's stuff is cheese.... its hard for me watch it.. because all I want to do is laugh... but your list is more current films.

I seen "Devil"... it was decent
I seen "Ghost Ship" .. it was ok
I seen "Woman in Black" which I liked and that is why I recommended it to you.
I seen "Wrong Turn" and it was ok... there is another in the series I like more.
I seen "Jeepers Creepers" and I hated it... its as bad as "Starship Troopers" which I f*cking hate with a passion.
I seen "Insidious" which I liked
I have "Occulus" but havent watched it yet.
I seen "Eden Lake" and its good but I dont consider it horror.
I seen "The Strangers" and I actually like that film.
I seen "Friday the 13th".. 80's cheese .. ugh
I seen "The Mist".. who can deny Stephen King.. he makes good horror.
I havent seen "My Bloody Valentine 3D" but I prefer the original to the remake.
I seen "Hellraiser" which is good... all the ones in the series are decent enough to watch.
I seen "Frailty" and its a great flick.
I seen "Sinister" which is great... Blumhouse Production has been putting out some good flicks.
I seen "The Exorcism of Emily Rose".. good but I seen better "possession" films.
I seen "Silent Hill" and its a video game film... with a bit of horror.
I seen "As Above So Below" and it was good... with only one good jump scare to it.

ok so about 1/2 or a bit more...damn..

#54:

Dawn Of The Dead (2004) - Zack Snyder (remake)

- One of the few examples of a very good remake in good hands Thank you Zack Snyder this film is awesome.

#53:

Evil Dead (1981) - Sam Raimi

- I simply love it and I considered it a classic of horror. Bruce Campbell is amazing.

#52:

It (1990) - Tommy Lee Wallace

- This is a classic and Pennywise is great. I love both parts and A great Stephen King adaptation.

Out of those 3.. only seen "It". again a Stephen King film... however my favorite of King is "Salem's Lot" from 1979.

That's a fantastic threesome, Derek.
Tim Curry in a clown costume is an interesting fetish to have, cricket.