Club Dread

Tools    

This movie looks to be a pile of dog crap.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

somebody must of been high one day, a rainy day and decided "Oh I'll make another crappy film to annoy alot of filmgoers, because I am bored, and when I am bored, high and it's rainy it's a perfect excuse for making a crappy film"

an explanation for everything- even if they aren't worth explaining
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
This movie looks to be a pile of dog crap.
It'll still be funny!

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
somebody must of been high one day, a rainy day and decided "Oh I'll make another crappy film to annoy alot of filmgoers, because I am bored, and when I am bored, high and it's rainy it's a perfect excuse for making a crappy film"

an explanation for everything- even if they aren't worth explaining
I sure felt that roar. (Luckily I'm not sitting next to you) Ear plugs.

Originally Posted by jrs
Has anyone seen the trailer?
I just previewed it and I feel that it will accomplish a few good laughs out of the audience for the 1hour and a half.

saw the trailer yesterday with butterfly effect...couldn't figure out if it was supposed to be funny or scary or both...anyway decided that it looked awful and not worth my time or money

You edited the link into your original post and I didn't see that you had, because my initial reply was five minutes before you added it. I just saw you asking whether anyone had seen the preview, making me think that you hadn't. I wasn't trying to make you look ineffectual, only trying to be helpful.

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
Jeez Louise, people, hasn't anybody here seen "Super Troopers"???? That film was hilarious, and this film is made by the same people, so at least give it a chance! Besides, I heard that the cute blond chick from "Cabin Fever" (Jordan Ladd) gets topless in this movie, so there's at least one plus for it already, lol. That fact was mentioned in one of the commentaries for "Cabin Fever". They said that she wouldn't do topless for "Cabin Fever" and then right afterwards she did "Club Dread" and got topless for the 'Broken Lizards' guys, lol. Anyways, I live in New York, so I don't know if I'm gonna' pay $10.25 or whatever to see it in a theater, but I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Super Tropper's may be hilarious (I never really wanted to see it), but the trailer for this flick didn't even make me crack a smile. If a trailer stinks, I won't pay to see the film.

this is one of my most anticipated movies (super troopers is probably my most re-watched movie), I will be optimistic about the movie even though I agree the trailer sucked, till I start reading bad reviews, I will see this movie regardless but I try not to judge movies by trailer alone, it's so easy for some of you guys to dispense hate sight unseen

Free screening tomorrow in Madison WI, anyone else going

details

I haven't made up my mind about this one yet.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Anyone who judges a movie by its trailer is a retard, and I mean that with the utmost jest and hate. Hell, go watch City of God, then go watch the trailer for it, then come back to this thread and apologize for making that statement.

Club Dread was a funny, funny movie and if you were to pull your head down below the clouds you've created with your own fog machine you'd be able to appreciate it for what it is - A ****ING JOKE.

I agree OG that Club Dread was hilarious, but isn't the point of a trailer to make a film enticing, and give a somewhat accurate picture of what it's like? Club Dread's trailer was pretty awful, and the only reason I went and saw this was because it was made by the Super Troopers guys. You guys should definitely go see this though b/c it was a riot.