The Guitar Guild

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
@ynwtf: thanks, that is helpful information. What I’m finding is I don’t know anything about the stuff/brands I’m reading so I can’t process it correctly.

I think I’ve known all along that the AD30 is going to be with me forever. Guess it’s time to get a banjo.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about any of that until you discover what it all means yourself. Don't fret (ha!) until you know what you need/want. The guitar you posted on page one will cover a lot of styles and sounds. Experiment with the knobs and figure what combinations of sound setting you prefer. That will sort of dictate the next purchase whenever/if ever it comes. What you got is pretty versatile IMO.

Oddly enough I have my suspicions something is wired wrong on it because I swear two of those knobs don’t do anything. If they are I can’t hear it.

I care more for the steel string acoustic sound, but my JF-1 is actually at the shop right now getting a setup. I was barely touching it because it was kind of a disaster. Thankfully, I’m not being charged for it.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Get the banjo or a mandolin. I had a steel resonator (think Dobro), but it didn’t stay in tune and playing that was a whole different ball game. So skip that.

Mandolins are great. Just don’t think about what you look like playing one 🙃

Get the banjo or a mandolin. I had a steel resonator (think Dobro), but it didn’t stay in tune and playing that was a whole different ball game. So skip that.

Mandolins are great. Just don’t think about what you look like playing one 🙃
I seriously want a resonator guitar. there's one on the local craigslist but I do not want to spend money =\ it's electric!!! that kinda terrifies me though. metal and electricity i thought were SUPPOSED to be dangerous.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The greatest sound a guitar ever made came from one of steel. The jangle strangs have the truest ring.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Cool soundtrack feel to them. Better than what Zimmer does these days anyway.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Most definitely. You got the ear for soundtrack vibes. I dig it. Keep sharing!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

This is a snippet of a piece I did recently. Most of it is using a guitar - which triggers MIDI notes that can be converted into synths and all sorts. Such good fun to muck around with.

https://voca.ro/1jT5bcnswGO3

I'm trying to NOT buy another guitar at the moment.

So far I have been successful. But I feel my bones jonesing.

It's a sickness I tell you: GAS!

Instead of buying stuff I have been practicing more and tonight, for a short moment, it felt more like play than practice.

So that was cool.

I miss playing guitar. Lots of personal crap in the way this year. Mom is moving from VA back to AL and I've been helping with logistics (nearly a fulltime job on that for some reason), and I've not been physically able to even drape my right arm over the guitar body for a shoulder bone spur. Ended up with a cortisone steroid shot and physical therapy the last few weeks to compensate. Seems to be helping. I tried to hold an electric the other night and no pain. Next test will be the acoustic, but I won't have time to test for another two weeks or so. Moving mom next week! ugh. I miss playing. I think that absence this year is probably a huge factor in why I'm so wound up lately. Wound. Get it?

A system of cells interlinked
Amazing!

I made the mistake of playing it, and it had enough of a different sound that it convinced me. And it was surprisingly an easier player.

But man, that seafoam green is killer.

Haven’t check this thread out in a while. My latest 2 additions from a few months back. Although similar models they sound very different. I put this down to the bridge.