Barbie: a live action movie w/Ethan Hawke?!

Tools    

I don't know if it's official, but I've read that Demi Moore is producing a live action adaption of the Barbie doll. Supposedly, her first choice for the role of Ken is Ethan Hawke. I know that this sounds ridiculous, but for some odd reason it interests me. I think I'm more curious about how a live action movie could be pulled out. My first predictions say it will suck, if it's even getting made. Just for the heck of it, I'll say who I think could ace the Barbie role: Emily Blunt.

That girl looks like Barbie to me. Put some blond hair on her and drop the English accent and VOILA! Plus, she can act her butt off.

I so shouldn't have read this while trying to eat, i nearly choked!

Well if they can make a film about the Bratz dolls then why not Barbie, the uncut DVD extra should have Barbie & Sindy having a bitch fight!
mermermer... panties on.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Well if they can make a film about the Bratz dolls then why not Barbie
Yeah, but Barbie's going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Hollywood needs to. ...make GOOD movies
Isn't that what they've been doing!? How can you say that Hotel for Dogs and Dragonball Evolution aren't Oscar material!?

Hollywood needs to cancel this idea and all other ridiculas ideas and make GOOD movies
Thats like asking Hollywood to make something original

Barbie was "born" in the 50's... so I think they should get Joan Rivers to play her 'cause they have a lot in common...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Barbie was "born" in the 50's... so I think they should get Joan Rivers to play her 'cause they have a lot in common...
What, they're both plastic?

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Margot Robbie is now playing Barbie. She will be co-producing as well alongside her husband Tom Ackerley.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/margot-r...r-warner-bros/

This might just do nobody any good.
Off of the thread's title, I'm slightly disappointed we're not getting Paul Schrader's Barbie.

Off of the thread's title, I'm slightly disappointed we're not getting Paul Schrader's Barbie.
That would probably be actually interesting. Like, it would be a very great platform for Schrader to do fascinating stuff.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
It's official as of today: Margot Robbie is playing Barbie and Greta Getwig is directing the film from a script she co-wrote with husband Noah Baumbach. Shooting starts next year in the UK.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/greta-g...-barbie-movie/

It's official as of today: Margot Robbie is playing Barbie and Greta Getwig is directing the film from a script she co-wrote with husband Noah Baumbach. Shooting starts next year in the UK.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/greta-g...-barbie-movie/

I've been waiting my ass off for a third Greta Gerwig movie just based on Lady Bird alone. After reading about her involvement in Barbie, I had to ask myself: Do I hate Barbie more than I like Greta Gerwig? Honestly, no, because I have so little to do with Barbie that I don't even have negative feeling towards it. Plus, Margot looks a bit like a Barbie doll anyway. I won't pay to see it, but if it's good I'll definitely look forward to it on streaming. I just hope we don't have another Duncan Jones situation...