Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Carnage Park (Mickey Keating, 2016)

Unique. Not.

Black Panther (2018)

Secret Sunshine -

Been said as one of hirokazu koreeda's fav and my first venture into Lee Chang-dong's work. have impression i had seen it before for some parts, probably from my friend. Story about a depressed young wife with her son, tried to relieve and restart new life by move to her late husband hometown but then suffer another setbacks which push her into mental breakdown.
A praise for actress Jeon Do-yeon that gave strong performance tho' probably will give these a rewatch next time. in some particular moments my attention just drawn out, supposedky affect mine adjustment.

Tyrannosaur (2011)

Grim but riveting film (Directed by Paddy Considine) about a man (Joseph, played excellently be Peter Mullan) who has severe anger issues. It concerns this and his fledgling relationship with a battered wife (Olivia Coleman). It's no laugh a minute and at times seems to be willfully humourless but it's very watchable and kept me interested up to the denouement and beyond. 8/10

Blade Runner (1982)

I wanted to see this before watching Blade Runner 2049. It was great. It looked and Rutger Hauer's performance was amazing. What I didn't like was that some things felt a bit random and not really logical, although maybe it was supposed to be like that. I'd like to rewatch this after a while and watch another cut (I watched the final cut) to see if I like it more or less.

Grim but riveting film (Directed by Paddy Considine) about a man (Joseph, played excellently be Peter Mullan) who has severe anger issues. It concerns this and his fledgling relationship with a battered wife (Olivia Coleman). It's no laugh a minute and at times seems to be willfully humourless but it's very watchable and kept me interested up to the denouement and beyond. 8/10
Peter Mullan has played too many angry men rôles IMO.

Strange movie. Beautifully filmed. Everyone acted very well. Not much of a story & not sure what story it was actually telling. But I did manage to finish it.

Slow start, but turned into a good movie. Strange thing about Isabelle Huppert: she looks exactly the same in every movie she makes (unlike Meryl Streep, who is capable of transformation), but Huppert still makes every rôle different, which is impressive IMO.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
Blade Runner (1982)

I wanted to see this before watching Blade Runner 2049. It was great. It looked and Rutger Hauer's performance was amazing. What I didn't like was that some things felt a bit random and not really logical, although maybe it was supposed to be like that. I'd like to rewatch this after a while and watch another cut (I watched the final cut) to see if I like it more or less.

Although I enjoy the final cut as well, I would recommend the original version to watch first. I just feel that's Ridley's first vision for those characters and the general story. That's Just me. Everybody has there favorite. But if your trying to get into it before 2049, I'd recommend that. Although 2049 is a sequel to the Final Cut more than the original.

What do I know. Have fun.

Peter Mullan has played too many angry men rôles IMO.
I think Miss Julie was the first time I saw him and he was fantastic in that too.

This might just do nobody any good.
I liked it, despite not getting it either. I guess Refn just really wants everyone to know that he’s not doing Drive again.

I liked it, despite not getting it either. I guess Refn just really wants everyone to know that he’s not doing Drive again.
I could not finish Drive. If Refn has done anything better then the Pusher trilogy, I have yet to see it.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."

If your just looking for some early 90's Lethal Weapon type fun with a little extra kick I would recommend it for a good time. Brandon Lee is very likable and does a nice job as the main character in what I believe is his first ( REAL ) big screen film. The rest of the cast does a very decent job, Powers Boothe gives some needed cred to the movie as the aling ( I'm tired of the s*** ) cop and Nick Mancuso is great as the over-the-top Italian gangster. The action is really fantastic ( if not silly in some parts, par for the course ) and Brandon Lee's fight scenes are most certainly the rightful stars of the movie. So for the most part a blast too watch if your in the mood. Don't forget the buttered popcorn.

7.7 out of 10.

This might just do nobody any good.
I haven’t seen The Pusher movies myself. Love Drive, tho (which one did you see first, btw?) It’s probably not the thing that made 80s nostalgia this decade, but certainly feels like it opened up the floodgates, though it should be mention that Drive only goes for the aesthetic of a specific sort of 80s movie and walks a fine line of characterization within it. Gosling really is great in a role that’s often mock for simplicity of even referred to as shallow.

Speaking of those two, I should revisit Only God Forgives. One of the few times my reaction to a movie was genuinely “wtf?”

Won't Back Down (Daniel Barnz, 2012)

More than happy to manipulate though

@Saunch. Saw Pusher first. Surprised you haven’t seen the trilogy. Really really brilliant & hugely entertaining. I’ve seen it maybe 3 times.

Only God Forgives. Had to look that up. Turns out I did see a bit of it. Unwatchable IIRC. Funny thing is, I love Ryan Gosling (love his voice), but now I wonder how few of his movies I have actually finished.

This is my last fav Trier's movie, but I love everything he has done.
Your least favorite? Which one do you like best?