LotR

Tools    

You people appear to be very knowledgable about everything related to films, so answer me this:

Will there be one huge Special Edition DVD containing all three Lord of the Rings-films (plus a bucketload of extra's, of course)? Or is it save to go out and buy the separate 4-disc special editions?

Thanks!

Cheers, Martin

I believe there will be a box set. I wouldn't doubt if it was available around Christmas.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

If I were you I would buy the specials and then the compilation of all three later, which is just what I'm going to do anyway.

Of course that would be best if you wish to build up a thorough collection on LOTR through seperate installments.

Man, I'm not putting all that dough out. I bought the other two extendeds because I saw them in a pawn shop for $10 each (after viewing them, I gave them to my Brother), but I wasn't going to at regular price. I've been waiting for the box set with all three extended editions.

Same here. I'm not that rich!

That is gonna be one heck of a box set. The separate S.E. DVD's have 4 discs each, so that's at least 12 discs in the box set!!

DVD Heaven!

Cheers, Martin

I've got Fellowship and Two Towers Extended Versions on DVD. I am not purchasing ROTK though.
I am going to wait and get the box set with all three of them, like any smart LOTR fan would do .

oh the ROTK EE...ahhhhh...it signifies an end...yeah i haven't bought the other EE's because I am waiting for the box set. anybody know anything about the twelve disc score that they are supposedly putting out that would include the score to all three films?
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

I ate all your bees.
I have been very strong willed and refused to by the extended editions of all LOTR dvd's, I still have not seen any of the extended editions and will wait for the Box Set, I should start saving now though

whatever years from now, i'm going to go get the super duper ultimate gold platinum box set collector's edition of the star wars, indiana jones, and lotr movies! yipee!

On May 25th, when Lord of the Rings:Return of the King is released, a boxed set will also be put out of all three LOTR films. Although, it will not be the big massive set that we all are hoping for....it is just a collection of all three of the regular "widescreen" versions of the 2 disc versions.

Originally Posted by jrs
On May 25th, when Lord of the Rings:Return of the King is released, a boxed set will also be put out of all three LOTR films. Although, it will not be the big massive set that we all are hoping for....it is just a collection of all three of the regular "widescreen" versions of the 2 disc versions.
Yeah, I've already bought TTT and FotR theatricals, so i'll just be picking up the regular RotK TR.
I'm looking forward to the EE, but i'm really skeptical about them releasing an ultimate EE collection w/ more added stuff.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
I'm a fan of the LOTR movies but I have to admit that I don't own Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers. I'm patiently waiting for the box set.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Originally Posted by ProfGreen
I'm really skeptical about them releasing an ultimate EE collection w/ more added stuff.
Lets see here.......once Peter Jackson puts out all three EE of the LOTR films, that should be enough right there. If he plans on putting out MORE for the trilogy, I was thinking "What is there to be placed out in the public??" Just repackage the EE in a box set with a figurine(s)?? Or maybe instead of the figurine(s) , an extra disc?? [u]If]/U] that's what he does, that's a TOTAL rip-off!!!!

I am so happy that the theatrical release of Return of the King is coming out in May, instead of August like last year-I loved the movie-and can't wait to have my own copy to watch whenever I want! Anyone else excited about the release?

I love 35mm ^_^
May 25!!! But of course the extended is always better. I own Two Towers and Fellowship on extended and the theatre version, and I love them both. I would say that Extended ROTK is out Dec.

Originally Posted by FilmStudent2004
May 25!!! But of course the extended is always better. I own Two Towers and Fellowship on extended and the theatre version, and I love them both. I would say that Extended ROTK is out Dec.

I heard that you could preorder the DVD? Is that true? And where do you suggest is the best place to order it?

Originally Posted by FilmStudent2004
so are you going to buy both this year? I have to buy the one in May so I can watch it all summer! Do you have suggestions of the best places to preorder the TE DVD

Originally Posted by T-850
I'm a fan of the LOTR movies but I have to admit that I don't own Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers. I'm patiently waiting for the box set.
How can you claim to be a fan without owning the movies that are already available?

I had to have all of the possible versions, and if they put out any extra extra-special set of all 3 I'll have to get those as well.