"Bad" movies you will defend with your life.

Tools    

Is "Warlock" (1987) with Julian Sands bad? Love it.
If loving Warlock is wrong I don't want to be right.

"Attack of the 50ft Woman" (1950s) has some of the worst effects in cinema history, but I love it.
Same here. I loved how they'd show supposedly different nights at the same cafe except it's the exact same song playing on the jukebox and the exact same people dancing. It's those little touches that make a movie truly special.

Balls of Fury.

I laughed.

Quite a few times.

Austin Powers In Goldmember; not technically a "good" movie, but it does have some legitimately inspired bits in it anyway:

I'll go to bat for Disney's The Three Musketeers, genuinely one of my favorite fun swashbuckling films, even if it is not a good adaption of the story. How can you go wrong with Tim Curry and Oliver Platt hamming it up while Kiefer Sutherland and Michael Wincott go for dour to the max.

Victim of The Night
First one that jumps to mind is The Cannonball Run, a movie I have seen, I dunno, 30 times, 40 times, I dunno. But I do know a lot of people say it's a bad movie and that thought never crossed my mind. I think it's hilarious fun.
I don't feel like I have to die defending it, I think people who don't love it are weird.

Ed Wood is a legit great film. It not only understands the inherent beauty and all the other admirable qualities of low budget films, but is deeply entertaining, moving and funny. Burton has never again come close to its majesty (before or since...generally, not a fan of him).
Ed Wood is a very good movie, but I also feel Batman Returns is almost as good, to be honest with you; I mean, you have the overall Gothic aesthetic, which, while expected from Burton, is still executed with a ton of pizzazz throughout, which adds a lot to the experience (that scene where the camera's sweeping through the abandoned, snow-covered zoo, man...). And on top of the great style, I'd say that there's also a good deal of substance to it as well, whether on a thematic front (like the duality of every major character having multiple sides to their personality), or with the characters, like the way that Selina is constantly torn between a vengeful vigilante, and falling in love with Bruce as a normal woman; it's just a good movie with a lot of great stuff in it all-around, you know?

The Flintstones. I know the movie has some casting problems. But John Goodman is practically a mirror image of Fred, and the vibe of the movie is a bit like the cartoon.

The Cat in the Hat. I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what people hate about the movie. Is it amazing cinema? No. But it's Seussian in its weirdness, which was all I really asked, and there were some pretty good gags. And we have Alec Baldwin being himself. You ALWAYS pay to see Alec Baldwin playing himself.

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. Come on. This is one of THE most quotable movies on Earth.
I've been putting off watching The Flintstones for years, I don't know why. I love John Goodman. I'm going to watch it soon.

Ed Wood is a very good movie, but I also feel Batman Returns is almost as good, to be honest with you; I mean, you have the overall Gothic aesthetic, which, while expected from Burton, is still executed with a ton of pizzazz throughout, which adds a lot to the experience (that scene where the camera's sweeping through the abandoned, snow-covered zoo, man...). And on top of the great style, I'd say that there's also a good deal of substance to it as well, whether on a thematic front (like the duality of every major character having multiple sides to their personality), or with the characters, like the way that Selina is constantly torn between a vengeful vigilante, and falling in love with Bruce as a normal woman; it's just a good movie with a lot of great stuff in it all-around, you know?

While I acknowledge people like Burton's Batman films, I've never ever liked them. Not when I was a kid, not now. Do they look great? Are they evidence of a superlative imagination? Yup. And I'd give them both credit there until the cows come home. But in my ideal world Tim Burton sticks to art design and keeps his leaden hands away from directing movies.

Except Ed Wood. And Edward Scissorhands. And whatever other movies he may have made about another person named Ed.

Better Living Through Movie Quotes
If loving Warlock is wrong I don't want to be right.

I just realized that "Lake Placid" and "Warlock" were directed by the same guy, Steve Miner.

Miner also did a movie I just watched, the 2008 re-make of "Day of the Dead" with Mena Suvari and Ving Rhames. This movie is so poorly thought of is that it never made a theater release and went strait to video. Again, I don't understand why. It is no masterpiece and too dependent of digital effects, but it is a perfectly fine and respectable addition to a Zombie picture library.

So, I will add "Day of the Dead" (2008) to the list of hated movies to defend and consider myself an officer in the Steve Miner fan club as I obviously appreciate his sensibilities even though not that many others seem to. .

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer

I've seen "Lake Placid" panned, but I love it.The sarcasm meter in that film goes to eleven. I don't think it is bad at all.

Somebody talking smack on Lake Placid? Because I will beat a mother****** with a mother****** for dissing one of my favorite horror movies.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
My favorite horror genres are giant monsters and eco horror. I'm watching Prophecy (1979) as I type this - one of my all-time favorites.

I'm one of the few who actually likes Jaws 3 and I will die on that hill.

A few other favorites that might not be considered good, yet I enjoy: The Relic, anything animated by Ray Harryhausen, Rodan, Q: The Winged Serpent, Tremors, Mothra, Them!, The Deadly Mantis, probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Somebody talking smack on Lake Placid? Because I will beat a mother****** with a mother****** for dissing one of my favorite horror movies.
If you don’t like “Lake Placid”, then you must also hate:

Tremors
Eight Legged Freaks
Slither
Arachnophobia

Better Living Through Movie Quotes
If you don’t like “Lake Placid”, then you must also hate:

Tremors
Eight Legged Freaks
Slither
Arachnophobia
Defend "Camel Spiders" (2011 produced by Roger Corman and with C. Thomas Howell) and then you can talk to me about home of the brave and land of the free... The military scene in the play at the end of the movie "Rushmore" were better than the military scene in "Camel Spiders"

Are there people out there who actually don't like "Tremors"?

The Fast & Furious films. Even though that would mean they are "bad", which they are not.

Y'all can have the ninth entry though and even Hobbs & Shaw...

But 1-8 is sacred and PEAK CINEMA