Dysfunctional family, older man pretends to be senile

Tools    

Dysfunctional family, with an uncle or grandfather that pretended to be senile because his family was all screwed up. I believe a girl brought her boyfriend home and the older man started talking to the boyfriend... It has to only be 5-10 years old but it was funny.

Nope not undercover grandpa. The scene I remember the most is the girlfriend was busy doing something and the boyfriend was in the livingroom/kitchen and he was venting to the "senile" old man and then the old man was like yea its a zoo around here tha's why I just pretend dumb.....

Not surprised by love. This had the feel of a blockbuster! I keep thinking the boyfriend was played by Dane cook or Jason batemen or ryan reynolds. And i keep thinking the old man is like Richard Dreyfuss.

In the movie there is a scene where the boyfriend is introduced to the uncle which everyone thinks is a mute / senile. Later in the movie the boyfriend gets aggravated with the family and is venting in private outload near the uncle and the uncle starts talking about "why do think i play dumb... So iIdont have to put up with the crazy family"

Thanks in advance!!

Son In Law was a funny movie!! Just heard Pauly S. the other day on Joe Rogan talking about his career dying... Unfortunately this is not it

The house they were visiting was really nice like maybe Martha's Vinyard or something possibly.

Maybe the guy was paul rudd...?

Not Paul Rudd... Just checked his filmography...

I think it might be Greedy.

Greedy was a good movie but not the one im looking for