Gomorrah

Tools    

Finished season 4. Brilliant. MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW.

WARNING: spoilers below
Cannot believe Patrizia is out of the show (at the actress’s request). Bad news as she was my favorite. Annoying.

What did we think of Gennaro murdering her & her unborn daughter Bianca? I was so shocked. Gennaro was livid with anger when his father killed Ciro’s young daughter & here he goes & kills an unborn baby & her mother. Seemed out of character to me & not believable.

Azzurra becomes more & more like Lady Macbeth.
WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
I thought it was obvious. I was waiting for it the whole episode. I'd have been more surprised if it hadn't happened.

I wasn't that enamoured with that whole storyline (his uncle) and his son was really pissing me off.

As SL said, he's now his father. That's what happens. You're young and idealistic, then you get responsibility and power and end up doing what 'has to be done' and, like those before you, you rationalise it and swallow your principles. With Ciro gone, he's lost his moral compass. Now, Ciro wasn't an angel, but he learnt the lesson first time around, partly because he was his own man. So when he lost all that meant something to him, he didn't have anyone to be strong for and could see more clearly.

I think you're right about Azzurra too. I pegged Patrizia for that role last season, but they made her more complicated than that. Azzurra fits perfectly, having always been at the top table, so to speak.

⬆️ I kinda liked the introduction of the uncle & his family. LOVED their house & the birds. Decrepit past splendor.

A couple of thoughts for season 5: I hope that the uncle’s young daughter will be given a rôle to play. Not just her 2 brothers.

I predict that Titziana (airport CEO) & Azzurra will begin to clash. I think that Titziana may be “flying” into turbulence as most people do when aligned with Gennaro. I don’t think Gennaro would ever have an affair (though it would be a good plot scenario), but if Azzurra ever becomes resentful or jealous of Titziana ... well.

WARNING: "I don't know if this is necessary" spoilers below
I agree with your second point. It felt from the start that she'd take over from her boss (was it Walter? I can't remember now) and once that happened and they kept foreshadowing an affair between them, (I don't actually think they will) then it really felt as if it was being set up for Azzurra and her to clash next series. Probably with Azzurra killing her halfway through or at the end of next series.

I really liked Alberto, Titziana’s boss. Funny how all these people align themselves with Gennaro without taking into account how dangerous he is.

Another plot point next season will be Gennaro going after Ruggiero the prosecutor. G. told us as much.

Did anyone say when season 5 will be released?

Amusing that Salvatore inserts the Union Jack next to the English translation.

Nothing yet Stirch, filming in Italy is slow, actors take corona tests twice a week. So they're filming outside of Italy now, I'd be surprised if they make December.

Producer Tozzi says; "We've found another special angle for season five. It's crepuscular, dark and emotional."

⬆️ I could live with December. Loved the show so much, but glad they’re not gonna drag it out for several more years. Better to end on a high note.

Dying to see Marco D’Amore’s movie that came out in March, but is nowhere to be found here. So annoying. AmazonUK has the dvd for sale, but only Blu Ray, which I don’t have. Have you seen it?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9048786/

⬆️ I could live with December. Loved the show so much, but glad they’re not gonna drag it out for several more years. Better to end on a high note.

Dying to see Marco D’Amore’s movie that came out in March, but is nowhere to be found here. So annoying. AmazonUK has the dvd for sale, but only Blu Ray, which I don’t have. Have you seen it?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9048786/
Nowadays maybe wise to get a Blu-ray player or a pc/laptop that plays them.
Saw it a while ago, here's my review, I took the spoilers out;
The Immortal 2019 ‘L'immortale’ Directed by Marco D’Amore

1h 56min | Crime | Drama |
Writers: Leonardo Fasoli, Maddalena Ravagli
Cast: Marco D'Amore, Giuseppe Aiello, Martina Attanasio, Salvatore D'Onofrio

If you like good crime series and are not familiar with Gomorrah stop reading, logg off, call in sick, and binge it.

L'immortale is a spin off prequel and a sequel to the events after the third season of the TV series. Similar to Deadwood and Serenity this can't be watched without having seen the series.

Ciro Di Marzio 'The immortal', a beautiful and deep character played by one of the best upcoming and multi talented Italian dramatic actors Marco D’Amore. Who also directed it. The film focuses on the life and times of Ciro, past and present. A compelling crime film, if it was an episode it would’ve been a strong one with the same grim and gritty atmosphere as the series. It also has the same Mokadelic score which is fantastic as always.

-

Nowadays maybe wise to get a Blu-ray player or a pc/laptop that plays them.
Saw it a while ago, here's my review, I took the spoilers out;
So how did you see this movie in the Netherlands? Very confused now.

For a second I was tempted to buy a Blu Ray DVD player, but this wouldn’t make sense as I never buy Blu Ray. Coming from the UK it would also have to be a multi-region DVD player and I already own one of these. I own an iPad only btw.

Finished the 5th and final season of 'Gomorrah'. It was a little choreographed in the end although still good. It peaked before they released the needless film L'Immortale. The first few seasons are still some of the best TV this century.

Finished the 5th and final season of 'Gomorrah'. It was a little choreographed in the end although still good. It peaked before they released the needless film L'Immortale. The first few seasons are still some of the best TV this century.
Still unavailable here. So annoying. I loved L’Immortale.

Strange how it's not available across the pond. It should be on HBO Max soon I would guess.
I guess. I have it all on dvd & I would like to buy the final season dvd just to complete it, but that will take forever too.

That’s my quibble with some tv series - Ozark, for example. So very much time inbetween seasons. Succession is another one.

Strange how it's not available across the pond. It should be on HBO Max soon I would guess.
It finally dropped yesterday. Now I have to wait for the dvd so I complete the collection.

Have you watched any of it yet @Stirchley?
No, because as I mentioned before I have to wait for the dvd. I have the rest of it on dvd so I feel I should finish the collection. I know this sounds nuts because I would like nothing better than to stream it right now, but …

Gonna stop buying series on DVDs, that’s for sure. It takes so long for DVDs to be released. Gonna stream in future.

Happy times: final season dvd will be available from Amazon May 31. I could get it earlier from Amazon UK, but they have some shortages so will stick with Amazon USA.

Cannot wait!