Bradley Cooper and A Star Is Born

Tools    

Is this part of Bradley Cooper's transition from playing regular guy roles to larger than life roles ? Is he aiming for that super stardom with this movie ? His last two movies sucked so he took a long break making studio movie a star is born. When you have marketing campaign of Warner bros behind your movie then a golden golden globe nomination is eminent. Is he worthy for this kind of stardom ?
I personally don't think he deserves this status. He is not that great of an actor. He is just in circles with right people and he is a commercially viable actor to smaller extent. So they are just pushing him. Thoughts ?

I mean we know he doesnt have any range..he is just the moviestar type actor who can play himself with different hair styles and facial hair.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't think he's aiming for super stardom, I think he's aiming to be a "serious artist"

Suspect's Reviews

This might just do nobody any good.
Coop’s got it bad for an Oscar.

Of course, Gaga will be the one who wins.

I don't think he's aiming for super stardom, I think he's aiming to be a "serious artist"
I mean serious actor roles needs to be much more dramatic like there will be blood or darkest hour. This is a movie star role that appeals at the oscars. The overlap is very tiny but this role falls in that category.

This might just do nobody any good.
Darkest Hour was definitely a vanity project for Oldman.

I thought he was better than Lady Gaga, and did a good job at directing the movie.

As for his acting skills, my personal favourite performance of his was inThe Place Beyond the Pines'. We all remember Gosling and Dehaan from it, but Cooper was quite good as well.

It's kind of crazy that the guy who might get four Oscars has a thread like this on a movie forum.

He took a long break to shoot a movie, do PR for Marvel and I believe play The Elephant Man in the theater.

I believe he is. Bradley Cooper has paid his dues. He went from being a comedic goofball actor to a serious actor, earning Oscar nominations and critical praise. He's got charisma; he's funny and very likable. He's similar to Tom Hanks in that way. And speaking of Hanks, Forrest Gump was the movie that transformed Hanks from just a regular actor to a larger than life sensation, and he's been part the Hollywood elite ever since. I believe A Star is Born will be for Bradley what Gump was for Hanks. And he will definitely be winning an Oscar this year, if not for Best Actor, then for Best Director or vice versa. He might even win both, and that's not to mention another Oscar for Best Song (the song Shallow which he duets with Lady Gaga).
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I believe he is. Bradley Cooper has paid his dues. He went from being a comedic goofball actor to a serious actor, earning Oscar nominations and critical praise. He's got charisma; he's funny and very likable. He's similar to Tom Hanks in that way. And speaking of Hanks, Forrest Gump was the movie that transformed Hanks from just a regular actor to a larger than life sensation, and he's been part the Hollywood elite ever since. I believe A Star is Born will be for Bradley what Gump was for Hanks. And he will definitely be winning an Oscar this year, if not for Best Actor, then for Best Director or vice versa. He might even win both, and that's not to mention another Oscar for Best Song (the song Shallow which he duets with Lady Gaga).

He's not up for Best Song but he'll be up for

Best Picture (producer)
Best Director
Best Writer
Best Actor

So yeah four Oscars are possible for A Star is Born

He's not up for Best Song but he'll be up for

Best Picture (producer)
Best Director
Best Writer
Best Actor

So yeah four Oscars are possible for A Star is Born
I figured since he sang on the record, he'll be getting at least some credit for the inevitable Oscar win for Best Song.

But, yes out of all those nominations you listed, Bradley has at least 1 in the bag. I say he wins 2 of them. (Best Picture, and either Director or Actor).

I disagree with the Hanks/Gump comparsion. I think A Star Is Born will be more remmebered as a movie then his role in it. I watched it tonight. Was generic as hell to me. Meh. The more appropriate comparison to me is Cooper in Silver Linings. While not as iconic as Hanks's Gump it is a damn memorable role. Hanks/Gump became so iconic because it was on cable every other day, actually surprised SLP hasn't found the same success on cable. Plus it's what got him taken as a serious actor. He was nominated for it and since been nominated 3 more times.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)