Killers of the Flower Moon

Tools    

First look.

Boy oh boy, this book is very dark and the character dicaprio is playing is a piece of work. I don't care about nuance, i just want it to be as close to a horror film as possible. It would be best if they treated it as creepy thriller horror than like a chinatown or dances with wolves. It should feel like a serial killer movie like silence of the lambs. The movie gotta get the 1920s oklahoma tone right. The only bad news is, I don't see an old aged de niro doing justice to his role. The guy he is playing is the devil and now a days I couldn't even buy him in irishman so I certainly can't buy him in this movie. But the tone has to be a mix of dances with the wolves and silence of lambs but a lot more silence of the lambs.

I highly recommend the book to anyone interested in this. As much as I hate leo, he always keeps audience in mind while choosing his movies. He know his fanbase is large and his goal seems to be to make movies that are entertaining as well as fresh. All other actors either make movies because they like to work with directors or they like experience of making the movie or a particular story with little to no regard for audience but with dicaprio, the entertainment value of a story is part of his equation.

Welcome to the human race...
Kinda wonder how much you hate Leo if you've got four of his movies in your favourites list.

Anyway, I'm always hyped for new Scorsese and the prospect of him doing a Western for the first time is definitely enticing (especially if he's trying to do something with horror overtones as well).

Kinda wonder how much you hate Leo if you've got four of his movies in your favourites list.

Anyway, I'm always hyped for new Scorsese and the prospect of him doing a Western for the first time is definitely enticing (especially if he's trying to do something with horror overtones as well).
I hate him because he is miscast in most of his movies but since all the other elements in the movies are so good , they end up elevating him or hiding his deficiencies. I understand why they have to cast him because of the budget demands of the director and his ROI. But nonetheless a lot of other actors would fit better in many of his roles. That doesn't change the fact that the movies are good.

Just take this movie. Who else can warrant this kind of budget on a story like this ? no matter how good the script or the approach to the movie is. Even if daniel day lewis is fit for the role, no studio will greenlit this story for the kind of budget scorsese wants.

Welcome to the human race...
That is some genuinely fascinating logic (even it does head into the usual when-all-you-have-is-a-hammer territory re: finances). Hate's just such a strong word - plenty of actors I dislike that still show up in movies I do like, but the ones that I capital-H Hate aren't getting within kicking distance of my favourites because their presence in a film will almost certainly compromise it that hard.